Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[GER] the official DEL/2.liga/oberliga thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2005, 09:12 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

vCash: 500
I know they will be missing! Six homepoints are six homepoints - who will turn this down ?
But you'll never hear/read sth. good of me about that city that declares themselves "hessisch" BUT THEY ARE NOT! LOL

I'm just joking! I hate them - but I defenitely want them in the league .. no doubt about!
But I would like to turn their name into: Kassel Sixers!

Old
07-12-2005, 09:31 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
OH MY BELOVED HUSKIES IN TROUBLE ? Well, how to say - I'll miss this 6 ensure home points we grabed the last couple of years at home, but I'll defenitely would like to see them play against Regensburg or Bad Tölz LOL in the 2nd tier league - where they belong to!

GO FRANKFURT
Ahh yes!! Another Frankfurt fan!!! Welcome. Go Lions!!!!

Old
07-12-2005, 09:57 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Born, raised and still live in the city of Frankfurt. Yeah - GO LIONS !!!!
Time to shout that again when this hockeyless summer ends ! And the most it's time to get some circumorbital rings of late night NHL sessions and shout: GO PREDS! again `til the neighbour knocks on the wall

Anyways..
I´ve read some post of the beginning of last season and noticed you follow the Lions attentively. How did you get linked to the Lions living in the US ?

Old
07-12-2005, 10:24 AM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
I know they will be missing! Six homepoints are six homepoints - who will turn this down ?
But you'll never hear/read sth. good of me about that city that declares themselves "hessisch" BUT THEY ARE NOT! LOL

I'm just joking! I hate them - but I defenitely want them in the league .. no doubt about!
But I would like to turn their name into: Kassel Sixers!
The typical HR3 stuff. Everything outside of Frankfurt is not Hessen....hmm, take a look at the map and wonder why Kassel is in Hessen.

I would like you to shut up (or stop posting your frustration - those postings look like a BILD-headline) - i won´t be heard and so won´t you...but maybe you´re too "good", cause Frankfurt is too "good", and Äppelwoi is too "good"...
We all know that know stuff already and we´re proud we´ve been reminded of that stuff.

Congrats for being born, raised and still living in Frankfurt. What an effort and go on being a revolutionist till your neighbour knocks on the wall. Tough guy...
The hard guys from Frankfurt..yeeeehaaa.

Old
07-12-2005, 10:33 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

what's your problem ? pulling for my hometown team is no crime - or is it ?
and rivalary on of the best things we have in sports. Don't take it toooooo serious. This is a hockey board and not diploma-philosophy-discussion-board.

And cheering while a hockey game in the middle of the night has nothing to do with "being a tough guy". Just with having fun while watching the game you love.

what kind of frustration ? No reason to be frustrated .. and YOU started affronts with calling me a Bild-Zeitung-editor. Badly defamation - seems like you are frustrated where ever you come from in our wonderfull country.

Old
07-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
what's your problem ?
pulling for my hometown team is no crime - or is it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
But you'll never hear/read sth. good of me about that city that declares themselves "hessisch" BUT THEY ARE NOT!
Hmm - just pulling for the hometown team. Not sure on that Mister.

It´s more like: here´s Kassel, they suck, here am i, iam at Frankfurt and we rule.
What a great point of view and pretty objective.
I don´t care about Frankfurt or Kassel "that" much, but just talking to talk something and diss other cities...
Sorry, no panache at all.

Bild-Zeitung: have a look at your own style and how much YOU WROTE LIKE THIS. That reminds me of the Bild-Zeitung and with the information given - way too obvious for me.

Old
07-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Hellström

Back to topic:

Some older ones:

Rob Shearer left Berlin -> Linz

Richard Pavlikovsky from Wolfsburg to Krefeld (although he did have offers from Sweden on his table..).

Jason Holland to Ingolstadt (good addition, IMO).

Old
07-12-2005, 07:16 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
Bild-Zeitung: have a look at your own style and how much YOU WROTE LIKE THIS. That reminds me of the Bild-Zeitung and with the information given - way too obvious for me.
Bild-Zeitung...hör uff...they may not call themselves a "Zeitung", because not enough of their articles are based on dpa (or other agencies) reports...

Old
07-12-2005, 08:04 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
Born, raised and still live in the city of Frankfurt. Yeah - GO LIONS !!!!
Time to shout that again when this hockeyless summer ends ! And the most it's time to get some circumorbital rings of late night NHL sessions and shout: GO PREDS! again `til the neighbour knocks on the wall

Anyways..
I´ve read some post of the beginning of last season and noticed you follow the Lions attentively. How did you get linked to the Lions living in the US ?
All my relatives live in Wertheim. About 40 or so minutes from Frankfurt. Closet team to them so I have always followed them. Coming to Germany to visit for Christmas and hope for the two weeks I'm there I can attend a Lions game!!!

Old
07-13-2005, 06:36 AM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Closet team
Hey Dan....what about another "s"

Last edited by Hellström: 07-13-2005 at 09:55 AM.
Old
07-13-2005, 09:12 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Hey Dan....what another "s"
lol. Glad I'm a teacher huh?

Old
07-13-2005, 07:00 PM
Hellström

JUBEL IN KASSEL !!!

Nach langen Verhandlungen kam am Abend die erlösende Nachricht, auf die eine ganze Region seit Tagen gewartet hat. Die Huskies, Eishockey-Erstligist, haben einen neuen Gesellschafter und Geschäftsführer: Rainer Lippe (44) einigte sich mit Huskies-Eigner Simon Kimm über die Übergabe der Huskies GmbH und der DEL-Lizenz. Lippe wird auch das Management der Eissporthalle übernehmen.

"Ich freue mich sehr, dass ich mich mit Herrn Kimm einigen konnte, und werde jetzt alles daran setzen, so schnell wie möglich eine schlagkräftige Mannschaft für die Saison 05/06 aufzubauen", sagte Lippe gegenüber der HNA.

---------------------------

According to that the Kassel Huskies might stay in the league.
A new owner has been found.
No details from DEL side yet.

Old
07-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Hellström

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF
Bild-Zeitung...hör uff...they may not call themselves a "Zeitung", because not enough of their articles are based on dpa (or other agencies) reports...
It´s all going back to the point of definition:

A Zeitung is paper with printed words on it - that´s my definition. You can go into details, you can call them reliable, good, bad, unreliable, **** or whatever

Old
07-14-2005, 06:42 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Hmm - just pulling for the hometown team. Not sure on that Mister.

It´s more like: here´s Kassel, they suck, here am i, iam at Frankfurt and we rule.
What a great point of view and pretty objective.
I don´t care about Frankfurt or Kassel "that" much, but just talking to talk something and diss other cities...
Sorry, no panache at all.

Surely I´m not objective - I like my team more than any other in the league!

But debated this ... Theme closed.

Old
07-14-2005, 06:48 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
All my relatives live in Wertheim. About 40 or so minutes from Frankfurt. Closet team to them so I have always followed them. Coming to Germany to visit for Christmas and hope for the two weeks I'm there I can attend a Lions game!!!
Feel welcome!!!
But I´ve to confess that I do not really know where Wertheim is. Damn city-slickers that never come out of their town

So if you come on christmas - let me know! Maybe we can meet their talk a little hockey and have a beer (if you drink beer). And hopefully you`ll see a Lions team that offer you that upper level hockey of the last two years.

What's your favorite NHL team living in Cleveland?

Old
07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
Feel welcome!!!
But I´ve to confess that I do not really know where Wertheim is. Damn city-slickers that never come out of their town

So if you come on christmas - let me know! Maybe we can meet their talk a little hockey and have a beer (if you drink beer). And hopefully you`ll see a Lions team that offer you that upper level hockey of the last two years.

What's your favorite NHL team living in Cleveland?
I will let you know. It would be great to meet a boardmember and would be great to meet them at a Lions game and have a beer or two!!! My favorite NHL team are the Detroit Red Wings. Always followed them growing up since they were the closest city with a team. Pittsburgh doesn't count because well simply it's Pittsburgh and no one from Cleveland would ever root for a Pittsburgh team. Also like both Columbus and San Jose. Like Columbus because they are an Ohio team(wish Cleveland got them,but instead we have basketball ) and like San Jose for two reasons. One they have their minor league team here in Cleveland(Barons) and they draft quite a few German players. So..can't wait for that beer at a Lions game!

Old
07-15-2005, 03:39 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

I would love to!

Well, I'm not really a Red Wings friend (and I hope the guys of the Preds Board do not read that understatement ) but actually it was a Detroit native that made me become a Preds fan. A friend of mine -Lilly- moved near Detroit in the mids 90s (damn is that that long ago??) and her former boyfriend Adam (a die hard Red Wing fan as I remember) was or still is a friend of David Legwand. So when I visited her we moved to Canada to watch a junior game of David - and what a game that was! When you play hockey like I did - untalented but passionated, neither a good skater nor stickhandler- and saw this show you gotta quit playing . He scored three goals in that game and I guess assistet on another. I never saw a better player before I guess - not even in the DEL. And after years and years just being a fan of the NHL I became a Preds fan after they drafted David. unfortunately he hasn´t that impact in the NHL yet. Anyways, so despite we do not like the Wings I'm linked in some way to Detroit.
And as the Preds do the Lions are desperately searching for a first line centerman. I do hope the management is more active looking for one here in Frankfurt than it looks like reading the media - it's the great silence actual.

I guesss Marcel Goc will take the step to NHL as soon as possible. Last time I saw him was in the PO's 03/04 - the first game he came in and scored the game winner and he impressed me alot. And surprised about his development. If Columbus get's Crosby in the draft I suppose Ohio will get cup crazy in a couple of years. Nash, Zherdev, Crosby - whooooo .. sounds a bit like Gretz, Messier and Kurri in the 80s he ??

ps:
Why does no one from Cleveland ever root for an Pittsburgh team ?

pps:
It will make the guys here very proud that a hockey fan in Cleveland,OH is following the Lions when I tell them!
And - ahhm, please forgive my bumby english Dan! I do the best I can !

Last edited by GPF: 07-15-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old
07-15-2005, 09:11 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
I would love to!

Well, I'm not really a Red Wings friend (and I hope the guys of the Preds Board do not read that understatement ) but actually it was a Detroit native that made me become a Preds fan. A friend of mine -Lilly- moved near Detroit in the mids 90s (damn is that that long ago??) and her former boyfriend Adam (a die hard Red Wing fan as I remember) was or still is a friend of David Legwand. So when I visited her we moved to Canada to watch a junior game of David - and what a game that was! When you play hockey like I did - untalented but passionated, neither a good skater nor stickhandler- and saw this show you gotta quit playing . He scored three goals in that game and I guess assistet on another. I never saw a better player before I guess - not even in the DEL. And after years and years just being a fan of the NHL I became a Preds fan after they drafted David. unfortunately he hasn´t that impact in the NHL yet. Anyways, so despite we do not like the Wings I'm linked in some way to Detroit.
And as the Preds do the Lions are desperately searching for a first line centerman. I do hope the management is more active looking for one here in Frankfurt than it looks like reading the media - it's the great silence actual.

I guesss Marcel Goc will take the step to NHL as soon as possible. Last time I saw him was in the PO's 03/04 - the first game he came in and scored the game winner and he impressed me alot. And surprised about his development. If Columbus get's Crosby in the draft I suppose Ohio will get cup crazy in a couple of years. Nash, Zherdev, Crosby - whooooo .. sounds a bit like Gretz, Messier and Kurri in the 80s he ??

ps:
Why does no one from Cleveland ever root for an Pittsburgh team ?

pps:
It will make the guys here very proud that a hockey fan in Cleveland,OH is following the Lions when I tell them!
And - ahhm, please forgive my bumby english Dan! I do the best I can !
Your english is just fine. Better than me trying to write in German and have you understand it. Which is too bad since all my family lives there. But that is another story.
Yes I think the interest in hockey would take a big spike in Ohio if the Blue Jackets landed Crosby. It would be good for this region since hockey takes a major back seat to baseball, american football and basketball. It would get more kids playing the great sport. Although I did begin playing hockey myself for the first time and I'm in my late twenties!! Obviously I'm not the greatest,but I've actually come a long way in the past year I've picked it up. I figured I've always been a huge hockey fan and now we had a ice arena I could go to near by. I've played many sports my whole life and even a the college level(baseball),but not one of my favorites(hockey)
Also I always look for reasons to wear my 3 Lions jersey's out(although I'm not sure my wife thinks I"m crazy or not.) as well as my 2 t shirts and hat and to answer you question as to why no Clevelander would ever root for a Pittsburgh team is more of less two reasons. One of them being that both cities close to each other.And secondly and most importantly is the rivalery between the two American football teams- the Browns and the Steelers. Many many great games between the two and sometimes very nasty. Big hatred between the two teams and cities.
Are the Lions talking to any possible free agent centers? Obvioulsy not much news that I get to hear as far as that goes. Hopefully Lebeau has another fantastic season.

Old
07-18-2005, 04:29 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

In your late twenties? Hey, I know how you feel! Shadow of age 30 is raising faster and faster and faster .. I know that!
You got 3 jerseys, 2 shirts and a hat?!?!?!? Man, you embarrass me! I´ve got just 1 shirt and 1 uniform! Anyways .. despite of our great reg. season last year we were weak at center the whole season long (I do not count Doug Weights games here - but they were freaky! What a player!!). We need one to get the preassure off Lebeaus shoulders. Someone that can on one hand assist on Lebeau and on the other hand score as well a couple of own goals. I don`t doubt that Lebeau will dominate the leagues offensive stats as long as he`s playing in the DEL. It`s so much fun watching him. We got Dan Corso on Center out of Kassel but that´s more a second string guy I guess. I hope the Lions are talking to some free agents but their are no rumors at the moment. If Corso plays 1st centerman we#ve got a deep deep hole on center here next year. But I don't think that'll happen.
CLE vs. PIT sounds a bit like the Mannheim - Frankfurt rivalery in hockey here. The greatest hate games we've got here in Frankfurt. God how I would hate it not to have the Mannheim svckers in the league - it would be a lot more boring! So if you ever get a chance to watch a derby between Lions and Mannheim - use it! Intencity gets close to NHL hockey (sometimes including 200+ PIM).

what members of your family are living in Germany?

Old
07-18-2005, 05:14 AM
Hellström

1st round of the DEB Cup

Dresdner Eislöwen - Adler Mannheim
REV Bremerhaven - Hannover Scorpions
Blue Devils Weiden - Iserlohn Roosters
Bietigheim Stellers - Kassel Huskies
ETC Crimmitschau - ERC Ingolstadt
Moskitos Essen - Hamburg Freezers
SC Mittelrhein - EHC Straubing
Schwenninger Wild Wings - EHC Wolfsburg
Bayreuth Tigers - Augsburger Panther
EHC Freiburg - Eisbären Berlin
EHC München - Kölner Haie
Lausitzer Füchse - Krefeld Pinguine
ESV Kaufbeuren - Nürnberg Ice Tigers
Eisbären Regensburg - Frankfurt Lions
Landshut Cannibals - EV Duisburg
Tölzer Löwen - DEG Metro Stars

Old
07-18-2005, 07:29 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Lions at Regensburg - could be a lot easier I guess. But gotta beat them!

Old
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF
In your late twenties? Hey, I know how you feel! Shadow of age 30 is raising faster and faster and faster .. I know that!
You got 3 jerseys, 2 shirts and a hat?!?!?!? Man, you embarrass me! I´ve got just 1 shirt and 1 uniform! Anyways .. despite of our great reg. season last year we were weak at center the whole season long (I do not count Doug Weights games here - but they were freaky! What a player!!). We need one to get the preassure off Lebeaus shoulders. Someone that can on one hand assist on Lebeau and on the other hand score as well a couple of own goals. I don`t doubt that Lebeau will dominate the leagues offensive stats as long as he`s playing in the DEL. It`s so much fun watching him. We got Dan Corso on Center out of Kassel but that´s more a second string guy I guess. I hope the Lions are talking to some free agents but their are no rumors at the moment. If Corso plays 1st centerman we#ve got a deep deep hole on center here next year. But I don't think that'll happen.
CLE vs. PIT sounds a bit like the Mannheim - Frankfurt rivalery in hockey here. The greatest hate games we've got here in Frankfurt. God how I would hate it not to have the Mannheim svckers in the league - it would be a lot more boring! So if you ever get a chance to watch a derby between Lions and Mannheim - use it! Intencity gets close to NHL hockey (sometimes including 200+ PIM).

what members of your family are living in Germany?
Yes, I saw Doug Weight put up some great numbers. That is one of the jersey's I have of the Lions Also I've heard good things about the Mannheim - Frankfurt games. Maybe I'll luck out and they will be playing when I come in the winter. Who do you think will start in goal for the Lions? As far as what family members live in Germany they are as follows.. My Oma und Opa, my Aunt and Onkel and my cousin. My mother was born and raised there until she came to the States at age 24. She is actually leaving tomorrow for a month's stay. I wish I could go,but I can't get out of my summer job for that long. But I'll get to spend time with my Oma and Opa during Christmas which I haven't done since I was a little kid

Old
07-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Hellström

Mark Greig has signed a one-year contract with the Iserlohn Roosters.

Former german international Jürgen Rumrich (Hamburg Freezers) has called it a career. Knee surgery forced him to make that decision.

Old
07-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Former german international Jürgen Rumrich (Hamburg Freezers) has called it a career. Knee surgery forced him to make that decision.
Sad to hear. Still one of my favorite Preussen-players.

Old
07-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Hellström

Steffen Zische: one year contract with Kassel

Alexander Serikow: two year contract with Kassel

Good to see the Huskies get going

Closed Thread