Closed Thread

Old
09-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Hellström

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Let's all celebrate the Lions first victory of the season. Hip Hip Hurray!!
Never ever !

Old
09-20-2004, 10:03 PM
rbeeler

why isn't Robert Muller playing for Krefeld?

Old
09-20-2004, 10:09 PM
EHCler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeeler
why isn't Robert Muller playing for Krefeld?
He injured himself in the World Cup.

Old
09-21-2004, 07:45 AM
Sanderson

I'm curious about the game tonight.
Ingolstadt slaughtered Berlin and Hamburg isn't exactly playing good right now, could get ugly.
Can't be worse than last year though. Loosing to Augsburg and than to Freiburg (the only road win!) to start the season wasn't really impressive either...

Old
09-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Sanderson

Talk about having bad luck...

The game between Hamburg and Ingolstadt should have ended in a shoot out, but one fluke goal and the game was over.
Both teams had many great scoring chances, but just couldn't hit the net. Both had some problems with their communication and their passes.

A shot like this had to go in, after all the chances they missed. A shot from the blueline, deflected by the leg of a defender to the left of the goal, were it hit a player from Ingolstadt and went right into the net.

Old
09-21-2004, 10:47 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
Talk about having bad luck...

The game between Hamburg and Ingolstadt should have ended in a shoot out, but one fluke goal and the game was over.
Both teams had many great scoring chances, but just couldn't hit the net. Both had some problems with their communication and their passes.

A shot like this had to go in, after all the chances they missed. A shot from the blueline, deflected by the leg of a defender to the left of the goal, were it hit a player from Ingolstadt and went right into the net.
How did Sturm look?

Old
09-22-2004, 04:34 AM
Sanderson

He was fast, but didn't generate anything spectacular on offense, McDonald was better.

Old
09-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Wow, Kassel just picked up Minnesota's Nick Schultz. Not a bad replecement for JM Liles!

Old
09-24-2004, 08:50 PM
Bacchus

The "Schlittschuhclub" beats former 1st placed SC Mittelrheid-Neuwied 4:2.

Funny: Defender Marko Rentsch lost his stick during an 3 on 5 PK. He then stole a stick from an SCM player which resulted in a brawl and a displaced goal. The referee called a break in which Rentsch was able to get a new stick. Scoring was 0:0 early in the game.

Last edited by Bacchus: 09-24-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old
09-25-2004, 06:09 PM
zecke26

i just read that pagé signed a new contract with the eisbaeren for three more years. that's pretty good for the eisbaeren and for german hockey. now he can really develop some german prospects into good if not great players.

Old
09-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

OK Zecke, this is for you man:

Just got back from the Freezers - Huskies 2-1 win. I could say A LOT, but I won't. Basically, I was surprised how weak Kassel looked. In addition, they started off VERY poorly and looked very out of sync. It got better during the game, but the defense looked very shaky in moving the puck out of the zone.

Nick Schultz got the Kassel goal on a questionable play. There was lots of confusion in front of the net and a Huskie fell on Rousson pulling him way out of the goal. Then Schultz got the puck and had LOTS of room + an empty net. It came too late though.

Also, officially there were 51 shots on goal in the game but I can't even remember 30 of them, half coming from no closer than 20 meters away. Weak shots. I think Kassel had 3 good scoring chances. Same with Hamburg.

The Freezers had one PP and it looked great. They scored. Kassel had several early on and just couldn't set up too well.

I didn't see Corso the whole time, so I assume he is injured. House also didn't play and man, do the Freezers look like they are SEVERLY lacking a sniper. The season is young and we've got to assume they're hunting an NHLer because there's no way they continue to win on defense alone. They must produce more and not just against non-playoff teams (OK, so they scored 5 times against Frankfurt).

Both Swanson and Johnson were pretty unnoticeable, although Johnson got two assists.

Brandon Reid is a fast little guy and it was obvious why he's been a touted NHL prospect. Still his hands and feet are far faster than his decision-making capability. He is also easy to remove from the puck, but does have 'avoidance' instincts when it comes to being checked. A fan favorite as well. I think he'll eventually get used to the DEL and play an important roll.

Tomlinson, Rumrich, Hynes and Plachta were all effective, despite being slower. Very solid citizens. Oravec, Antons and Martinovic got LOTS of ice time and held their own. Martinovic had one really strong scene. All of the defensemen for both teams got ice-time. Peacock looked as solid as in last Spring's playoffs. That's a big improvement over last fall.

For Kassel, there was a line of Hammer-Retzer-Hommel and it got several shifts but didn't do much more than clog the middle.

All in all, the Freezers controlled the game and the flow and were only pressured on a few occasions. If they had a York or Sturm or Heately (?), they'd immediately become a VERY hard team to defeat.

Ohhhhh, Rousson was excellent! Can't complain about Gage either.

Old
09-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Hellström

Great report

thx !

Old
09-29-2004, 08:29 AM
Bacchus

Indeed!

Any new words on Heatley?

Old
09-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Sanderson

According to Capla the choice is down to 20 players, who would stay for the whole season. One of the rumoured players is Dean MacAmmond.

Old
09-29-2004, 10:06 AM
michbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
According to Capla the choice is down to 20 players, who would stay for the whole season. One of the rumoured players is Dean MacAmmond.
I seriously doubt that a player like McAmmond would commit to a European club that early. He'll probably wait a few more weeks to see how the talks between the NHL and the players' union are going before he makes a decision.

Old
09-29-2004, 12:41 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Honestly, McAmmond wouldn't be much better than Johnson. I saw the guy play plenty in his first 6 years in the NHL and he was certainly NOTHING special. Don't get me wrong. He would help and probably would be a step up from Greig of course, but in Reid and Purdie, the Freezers have guys who can set up others.... they just don't really have the 'others' there to be set up. House is good, but he's injured and who knows how long it'll be before he gets back to his good ol' streaky self. McAmmond's decent numbers with Calgary certainly coincided with Iginla's development.

However, if I'm an NHL player, I'd assume this entire season will be locked out.

I figure Heately or Iginla would fit the bill for the Freezers.

Old
09-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Hellström

First six years ??

He´s been a Hawk in the beginning,but then he spent 5 seasons + 6 games (injury plagued short season in 94/95) in Edmonton...so you must have been there...

In 96/97 i´ve been there too....

Old
09-30-2004, 08:32 AM
michbeck

The Hamburg Freezers signed C Jim Dowd (Montreal Canadiens) to a one-year-contract.

Old
09-30-2004, 08:40 AM
Sanderson

Well, not McAmmond, but still a pretty good player. Scored more than Johnson the last few years.

A bit old, but that is some kind of tradition in Hamburg

Old
10-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Bacchus

BSchC Preussen lost to the Eisbären Juniors yesterday 4:3 OT after a 3:0 lead. I suppose Youri Ziffzer was in goal for the EHC - if so - he did an amazing job.

Old
10-05-2004, 05:38 AM
Tronador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
BSchC Preussen lost to the Eisbären Juniors yesterday 4:3 OT after a 3:0 lead. I suppose Youri Ziffzer was in goal for the EHC - if so - he did an amazing job.
Yes, it was Ziffzer for sure, who played an excellent game with some great saves!

Old
10-05-2004, 08:17 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Dowd in Hamburg

Normally, I'd say Dowd is an improvement for any DEL team. In this case though, I have to ask, what is Hamburg thinking? Seriously, what are they thinking.? What do they NOT need??? Right-shooting centers. I don't care how good Dowd might be, this team let Greig walk and House is injured. They desperately need some scoring wingers. Heck, if Tomlinson hadn't been great up to this point, Hamburg would be hurting. He's got 5 goals, do they think he's gonna keep up this pace???
But instead they get an old, defensively oriented playmaking center who shoots right - just like Purdie and Reid.

Also, Hannover is rumored to maybe pick up Richard Park. I must say that he was VERY impressive at this year's WC. He's exactly the type of player the Freezers could use, and would be cheaper than Dowd.

Should Park actually come to Hannover and once Cisar can actually play again (currently injured), the Scorpions would definitely be a club to watch out for!

Old
10-05-2004, 08:40 AM
zecke26

on sunday i had bad luck, because i had to watch kassel - wolfsburg. this game was just brutal. after 2-3min i wanted to go home, his game was so annoying.

something is wrong with kassel at the moment. the teams looks unmotivated. it's always nice to watch nick schultz, but even he is playing bad.

sooner or later we will have the coach-discussion again. just like duesseldorf who fired komma today.

Old
10-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26
sooner or later we will have the coach-discussion again. just like duesseldorf who fired komma today.
BSchC needs a new coach!

Old
10-05-2004, 10:20 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
BSchC needs a new coach!
why don't they have a coach?

Closed Thread