[GER] the official DEL/2.liga/oberliga thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
EHCler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedriller
This took place last summer and he did something to a referee. I don't know the details anymore, I guess he punched him or something like that.
But he seems to have his problems with the officials, he got a misconduct in this awful 5th game for abuse of an official.
This happened April 2004, so long time before he was drafted. Gogulla was a kid a that point, so really that should not be taken that serious.

For his actions against the DEG. Those things happen I rather have someone being angry at a ref after he just cost them the playoff final than a player who just goes to the bench and shuting up and not caring. At that stage the series was over. Emotions belong to the game, yes you need to control them but we are talking about a teenager here. There we have thing different things in sports by more mature players and coaches.

Last edited by EHCler: 04-13-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old
04-16-2006, 10:30 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

better - faster - more feisty - more concentrate - more disciplined = champion Berlin

would have appreciated a lot if Duesseldorf were not that out of gas in the finals ... tomorrow we'll call it a season !!

Old
04-16-2006, 11:30 AM
EHCler

Yeah I Eisbaeren are cream of the crop again.

To be honest I really liked the approach they took this season. Rather than just filling up the roster at the start of the season with seasoned vets, they gave their prospects R. Mueller Gawlik... the chance to prove themselves at DEL level and than signed players during the season (Peoperle...) to fill the wholes.

Old
04-17-2006, 09:50 AM
EHCler

Berlin won the titel again congrats. Sweept the DEG in the final and just dominated in the players.

Additionally their arena plans are moving forward.

Not a shame for the DEG they can be more than pleased with their season.

Next season will be exiting. Guess Mannheim and Cologne will restock to make a push.

Old
04-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCler
Guess Mannheim and Cologne will restock to make a push.
I've read (on another message board) that Cologne has offered 3 year extensions to both Gogulla and Greiss to keep them around. The call of the NHL might be too loud for the young guys though.

A pipedream I have would turn the DEL into the AHL Europe (under a different league name...just giving the idea). Allow teams to have affiliates and place European prospects on the team and maybe 2 or 3 NA prospects (vice versa for the AHL) all under NA-style rules and rinks to adjust their transition to the NHL. But there are too many factors that work against it (organizational player depth, cost of running franchise, etc) for it to be considered an option at this point. I just don't want to see the DEL lose its top young players but rather have more come in.

04-17-2006, 01:03 PM
EHCler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice
I've read (on another message board) that Cologne has offered 3 year extensions to both Gogulla and Greiss to keep them around. The call of the NHL might be too loud for the young guys though.
If either of them 3 year deals without NHL get out their agents should be shut. I think another year of DEL will not heart either of them, Gogulla should definitly stay here for now he will be a top 6 forward next season in Cologne.
For Greiss really depends. Another full season in the DEL would not heart but he could also easily take the starting spot in the AHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Ice
A pipedream I have would turn the DEL into the AHL Europe (under a different league name...just giving the idea). Allow teams to have affiliates and place European prospects on the team and maybe 2 or 3 NA prospects (vice versa for the AHL) all under NA-style rules and rinks to adjust their transition to the NHL. But there are too many factors that work against it (organizational player depth, cost of running franchise, etc) for it to be considered an option at this point. I just don't want to see the DEL lose its top young players but rather have more come in.
Interesting idea, do not think it will work as long as all the different hockey bodies somehow figure out how to work together. I personally like to see more callobration between the DEL and NA but more on Junior level. I think quite a few German players would benefit from playing junior hockey in the CHL after growing out of the DNL.
German hockey federation and DEL teams should promote kids to go there for a year or two. I actually would not mind having a German junior team taking part in one of the canadian junior leagues and putting 18 - 20 year old German players and coaches over the pond during the season.

Old
04-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Sanderson

It looks like there will be three (big) changes in the new DEL-season.

1) Ten teams will make the playoffs, the top six plus a shorter round between 7-10 and 8-9, similar to what the AHL had a while ago.

2) If a game is tied, it goes to a five minute four-on-four overtime just like in the NHL. If there is no winner it will go to the shootout.

The playoff overtime rules remain the same, but ot is played four-on-four as well.

3) The intermissions will be three minutes longer (18 instead of 15 minutes). Only exception will be premiere games, where it remains at 15 minutes.

Old
04-24-2006, 05:01 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Anyword if Griess or Gogulla are going to accept those 3 year offers from the Haie? Or will this not be solved until the NHL is finished?

Old
04-25-2006, 03:38 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

I see N.Goc has signed with Hannover. Can anyone describe what type of game he has and his potential of coming to the NHL?

Old
04-26-2006, 12:47 PM
MANYCBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
I see N.Goc has signed with Hannover. Can anyone describe what type of game he has and his potential of coming to the NHL?
His brother is already playing there so it may have been a reason for signing with the Scorpions. I cannot tell you anything about his game but I am sure he will see some ice time next season. Besides Berlin (with their coach Pierre Page) the Scorpions (coach Hans Zach) are a team you wanna play for as a young German.

Old
04-27-2006, 12:05 AM
EHCler

Quote:
Anyword if Griess or Gogulla are going to accept those 3 year offers from the Haie? Or will this not be solved until the NHL is finished?
Just to quote Gogulla:

"Wenn der Arbeitgeber des deutschen NHL-Profis Jochen Hecht wieder anruft, muss sich Gogulla, vom Kölner Boulevard in Anlehnung an Fußball-Jungstar Lukas Podolski "Eis-Poldi" getauft, entscheiden: noch ein Jahr in der DEL oder Flug in die USA. "Ins Trainingscamp würde ich auf jeden Fall gehen und dann versuchen, drüben Fuß zu fassen."

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_32352.html

Looks like he will go over as soon as the Sabres want him too. Whatever Deal he signs will be with exit clause.

Old
04-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Rob Leask has signed with Hamburg. Looks like they're pretty much complete now. With him, they have 6 Dmen and a kid or two waiting in the wings.

Signing Smyth is interesting and I'm VERY curious if he'll be the big-impact player his stats would indicate he will be.

Old
05-03-2006, 10:20 AM
RealFalconsSupporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
Rob Leask has signed with Hamburg. Looks like they're pretty much complete now. With him, they have 6 Dmen and a kid or two waiting in the wings.

Signing Smyth is interesting and I'm VERY curious if he'll be the big-impact player his stats would indicate he will be.
Brad has had some terrific years in pro hockey including 20 goals for Karpat a couple of years ago and a 68 goal AHL season I believe. He has not been great in the playoffs so far this year and it might be because he is thinking ahead to the DEL already. If he wants to be he can be a force. Outside of Immonen he is the best all round forward on the Hartford Wolfpack.

Old
05-08-2006, 10:18 AM
EHCler

Gogulla just signed a new contract with Cologne Haie till 2009. The contract will allow him to move to NA, with the DEL transfer rights lying with the Haie if he decides to come back.

Greiss is expected to sign a similar deal.

Old
05-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Giguere27

The Frankfurt Lions signed defender Petr Smerk,who played last year in Sweden.
Hannover signed contracts with forwards Mike Green and eric Schneider,but suprisingly they didn't resign best german scorer Robert hock,who already signed with iserlohn.

Old
05-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHCler
Gogulla just signed a new contract with Cologne Haie till 2009. The contract will allow him to move to NA, with the DEL transfer rights lying with the Haie if he decides to come back.

Greiss is expected to sign a similar deal.
I'm not sure if this clause has any meaning, as every European contract is voided if the player signs an NHL contract.
If a player really wanted to, he could circumvent that clause easily.

Old
05-08-2006, 05:09 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Is there a lot of talk that Gogulla will come over this year?

Old
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
GPF
US Bandwagon

no not at the moment .. but he will get his chance .. for sure !! if not this year than the next!!

good kid!

Old
05-10-2006, 06:18 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

I see Muller was born in Frankfurt. How did he get away from the Lions and end up in Koln?

Old
05-10-2006, 11:54 PM
strobbel

Send a message via ICQ to strobbel
hi @ll

i'm a fan of the german team starbulls rosenheim and our coach ron chyzowski stayed in north america the last weeks.
he searched for players for the next season, especially in college or minor leagues i think.
has anyone heard anything about that or where could i post a thread about that ?

greets strobbel

Old
05-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobbel
hi @ll

i'm a fan of the german team starbulls rosenheim and our coach ron chyzowski stayed in north america the last weeks.
he searched for players for the next season, especially in college or minor leagues i think.
has anyone heard anything about that or where could i post a thread about that ?

greets strobbel
NCAA board or the AHL board would be best choices

Old
05-16-2006, 01:12 PM
LFlyers Dad

Dnl

Hi all

I am looking for information on the DNL League in Germany. I have a 91' birthyear son who has been playing hockey in the U.S. for 9 years. He currently plays U16 AAA which is the highest level of youth hockey in the U.S and Canada except Juniors. He is thinking about going to school in Germany for a year in Berlin while living with his grandfather there. I know the DNL team is Berlin is the Eis Baren. Does anyone know how and when these teams are selected. The cost of playing on a DNL team or any other relevant information

Old
05-16-2006, 02:05 PM
FAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFlyers Dad
Hi all

I am looking for information on the DNL League in Germany. I have a 91' birthyear son who has been playing hockey in the U.S. for 9 years. He currently plays U16 AAA which is the highest level of youth hockey in the U.S and Canada except Juniors. He is thinking about going to school in Germany for a year in Berlin while living with his grandfather there. I know the DNL team is Berlin is the Eis Baren. Does anyone know how and when these teams are selected. The cost of playing on a DNL team or any other relevant information
On the homepage of the DNL team of berlin it says:

"For questions concerning a try-out training or applications to the DNL team, please contact Mr. Andreas Hobuß, GM of the Eisbären Juniors: geschaeftsstelle@eisbaerenjuniors.de"

Old
05-16-2006, 07:52 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Any confirmation that Mike Zigomanis has signed with the Frankfurt Lions?

Old
05-17-2006, 03:29 AM
SensAndy77

Send a message via ICQ to SensAndy77
Quote:
Any confirmation that Mike Zigomanis has signed with the Frankfurt Lions?
Not yet, I thought that they are going to sign two defensemen. I think their forward-roster is already full.

Closed Thread