[GER] the official DEL/2.liga/oberliga thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
@BlueFox:
Of course, ebay is a possibility, but you will hardly get a special player, especially, if you're looking for a newer one.

@Dan:
Fans attending our preseasoners noted, that Lebeau is fine, but is lacking his scoring touch. But it doesn't worry me, since Lebeau is well known for average preseason performances.

Old
09-02-2006, 04:07 PM
bluef0x*

I was looking at ebay.de. I don't care about the players as I don't really know any of them. The only one I would like to get is Thomas Greiss.

Old
09-02-2006, 04:10 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
@BlueFox:
Of course, ebay is a possibility, but you will hardly get a special player, especially, if you're looking for a newer one.

@Dan:
Fans attending our preseasoners noted, that Lebeau is fine, but is lacking his scoring touch. But it doesn't worry me, since Lebeau is well known for average preseason performances.
I'm just afraid one of these times it will be due to old age for Mr. Lebeau. He is no spring chicken anymore. Hopefully it is as you stated. Maybe with Armstrong hurt we can bring back Boileau

Old
09-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluef0x View Post
I was looking at ebay.de. I don't care about the players as I don't really know any of them. The only one I would like to get is Thomas Greiss.
Well, I suppose you won't see any Greiss-jerseys at ebay.

@Dan Galvin:
Lebeau's preseason was solid this year and Ulmer and Taylor seem to be a good fit on his line. Ulmer seems to be a perfect sniper and Taylor works hard and enables Ulmer and Lebeau to focus on offense.
My only concern is about Steve Kelly and Pat Lebeau. Well informed sources say, they don't like each other and Kelly was one of the reasons, that Lebeau thought about leaving the Lions this off-season.

Old
09-02-2006, 04:25 PM
GPF
US Bandwagon

@Snoil
I meant "health wise" he was good / fine

Ummmm Boil-who ???

Old
09-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Snoil11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPF View Post
@Snoil
I know, but I wanted to give Dan some more information about Pat.

Old
09-02-2006, 04:47 PM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
Well, I suppose you won't see any Greiss-jerseys at ebay.

My only concern is about Steve Kelly and Pat Lebeau. Well informed sources say, they don't like each other and Kelly was one of the reasons, that Lebeau thought about leaving the Lions this off-season.
EXACTLY !!! I knew it! I saw them talk on the closing ceremony after the final game last season and the disgust on Pats face.
I was sure that was the reason. Kelly is this type of a roadhouse rowdy .. he always reminded me of a guy I go drinking with when I saw him off the ice
Thats the reason Kelly never made it to the NHL as a regular ... a lazy talented kid with a big big mouth

Old
09-02-2006, 04:57 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
EXACTLY !!! I knew it! I saw them talk on the closing ceremony after the final game last season and the disgust on Pats face.
I was sure that was the reason. Kelly is this type of a roadhouse rowdy .. he always reminded me of a guy I go drinking with when I saw him off the ice
Thats the reason Kelly never made it to the NHL as a regular ... a lazy talented kid with a big big mouth
Sounds like a recipe for disaster

Old
09-02-2006, 04:58 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
@Snoil

Ummmm Boil-who ???
Exactly

Old
09-03-2006, 05:01 AM
Sanderson

I wouldn't take disgust on one's face during a talk as sign of not liking someone, you don't really know why he looked the way he did. Using the look of one person at one certain point in time as prove for something, looks a bit far fetched to me.

If Lebeau really didn't like Kelly, why would he even talk to him?

I'm not saying that what you wrote is wrong, but the prove seems a bit weak to me

Old
09-03-2006, 06:07 AM
SensAndy77

Send a message via ICQ to SensAndy77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluef0x View Post

There are no Greiss jerseys on ebay.de and the shop of the club only has the 06/07 jerseys.

I suggest to write them a mail with your questions, I´m pretty sure they have still some Greiss 05/06 jerseys in stock and will ship to the states.

info@haie.de

Good luck

Old
09-03-2006, 06:51 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
I wouldn't take disgust on one's face during a talk as sign of not liking someone, you don't really know why he looked the way he did. Using the look of one person at one certain point in time as prove for something, looks a bit far fetched to me.

If Lebeau really didn't like Kelly, why would he even talk to him?

I'm not saying that what you wrote is wrong, but the prove seems a bit weak to me
there were rumors about this before so I took care about them during the closing ceremony ... they weren't talking face to face but standing there with 4 to 5 players and Kelly was talking and gesticulating and Lebeau turned around with a look in his face that needn't any interpretation.
they are completely differnt persons. Lebeau ist that artist type of guy, a gentleman character, a bit soft maybe, someone who needs to feel comfortable to be at his peak ...
.. and there comes Kelly. If you have EVER seen him off the ice you would know what I mean. I even could imagine him way much more of being a disco / bar king than a professional athlete. His gestures .. this "here I am dudes - let the party begin"-attitude is incredible and is lacking sincerity in many ways IMO.

Much more differnt than Lebeau and Kelly two personalities couldn't be - thats a fact.

Old
09-03-2006, 06:59 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
there were rumors about this before so I took care about them during the closing ceremony ... they weren't talking face to face but standing there with 4 to 5 players and Kelly was talking and gesticulating and Lebeau turned around with a look in his face that needn't any interpretation.
they are completely differnt persons. Lebeau ist that artist type of guy, a gentleman character, a bit soft maybe, someone who needs to feel comfortable to be at his peak ...
.. and there comes Kelly. If you have EVER seen him off the ice you would know what I mean. I even could imagine him way much more of being a disco / bar king than a professional athlete. His gestures .. this "here I am dudes - let the party begin"-attitude is incredible and is lacking sincerity in many ways IMO.

Much more differnt than Lebeau and Kelly two personalities couldn't be - thats a fact.
Probably the same reason Mannheim dumped Kelly last year as well. Seems to be the writing is on the wall about Kelly.

Old
09-03-2006, 10:02 AM
GPF
US Bandwagon

You know Dan if he proves me wrong .. well I'm a happy man. And he looked good thsu far centering Young and Norris - very good.

But seperate both - Lebeau and Kelly - on (and I guess off) the ice, because on the ice they are trying to do the same things. That doesn't work. Lebeau 1st line wing - Kelly 2nd Center. Lebeau 1st PP unit - Kelly 2nd.

That should give us offensive depth on the ice and should keep things allright hierarchical wise IMO ..

.. we'll see

Old
09-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Sanderson

I'm not doubting it
Just saying that I wouldn't base much on the looks. Actually, I misunderstood it. I thought those two were talking with each other, not Kelly talking and Lebeau reacting to it.

Old
09-04-2006, 08:26 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
You know Dan if he proves me wrong .. well I'm a happy man. And he looked good thsu far centering Young and Norris - very good.

But seperate both - Lebeau and Kelly - on (and I guess off) the ice, because on the ice they are trying to do the same things. That doesn't work. Lebeau 1st line wing - Kelly 2nd Center. Lebeau 1st PP unit - Kelly 2nd.

That should give us offensive depth on the ice and should keep things allright hierarchical wise IMO ..

.. we'll see
Very true. I just worry about team chemistry. Much more important than people realize.

Old
09-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Jedda

Send a message via ICQ to Jedda Send a message via MSN to Jedda
Does anyone know where I can find all the DEL transfers for this season? Hockeyweb.de has player signings and new contracts, but what about all the players that have left the clubs? Would be nice if there was a site that had this sorted team by team.

Old
09-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Sanderson

Talking about ugly jerseys, here is Düsseldorf's third:

http://deg.pironet-ndh.com/shop/imag.../060703035.jpg

http://deg.pironet-ndh.com/shop/imag.../060703035.gif

As for the transfers, here you go: http://www.eishockey-magazin.de/modu...howpage&pid=29
Two days earlier and I wouldn't have remembered that site, so credit for finding it goes to predatore

Old
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM
MAF
Rookie User

It's somehow funny that Mannheim only has Germans and Canadians considering they were pretty successful with their EU-foreigners in the late 90s.

Old
09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Talking about ugly jerseys, here is Düsseldorf's third:

http://deg.pironet-ndh.com/shop/imag.../060703035.jpg

http://deg.pironet-ndh.com/shop/imag.../060703035.gif

As for the transfers, here you go: http://www.eishockey-magazin.de/modu...howpage&pid=29
Two days earlier and I wouldn't have remembered that site, so credit for finding it goes to predatore
Wow, those jersey's are something to behold

Old
09-06-2006, 04:42 PM
GPF
US Bandwagon

I mean please .. whats uglier - the jersey or the face starring at you!! ???

Old
09-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Quote:

Those are now officially the worst jerseys I've ever seen. Even the guy wearing that looks like he's saying "What the **** is this!?"

Old
09-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Anyone know of a website that I can get DEL headshots for players this year? Ones that are decently sized, unlike the tiny ones on Mannheim's website, and such.

Old
09-06-2006, 07:21 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
I mean please .. whats uglier - the jersey or the face starring at you!! ???
LMAO

Old
09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

DEL website has a new layout... I kinda like it, though I wish they would've used a bit more html than flash.

Closed Thread