Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Bacchus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
Doesn't help that Rousson lets every five-hole shot into the net
He's a great goalie, but he can't stop these shots to save his life...
Maybe he needs some bigger balls?

Old
12-18-2004, 04:11 AM
Sanderson

There were already some suggestions that they are too big, so he can't close his legs properly

Old
12-23-2004, 06:05 PM
Nick Lidstrom

Mannheim Wins against Augsburg
but Kelly was injured on his ankle

and Rousson gets a full hand + 1 once more.

Old
12-23-2004, 06:27 PM
zecke26

kassel - iserlohn 6-4

pretty nice game. kassel played brilliant hockey at times, but iserlohn fought hard and almost made a comeback. both goalies looked good despite the amount of goals. only the first goal for kassel was a slight mistake by kotschnew.
christian laflamme and ralph intranuovo had a nice fight. laflamme started great and made some nice punches, intranuovo got the upper hand later and was able to score a few times, so i'd say it was a tie.
kassel with coach milan mokros is finally playing good hockey and they have now won three in a row. this team isn't as bad as it looked earlier this season. it's pretty much clear that they played against their former coach mcparland.
iserlohn with mike york is also not a bad team and i wonder why they struggle so much. but rumors are that they will add two more NHLers soon.
both teams don't deserve to go into the play-downs. at the moment just hannover really deserves it. so the next weeks will be really entertaining.

Old
12-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Nick Lidstrom

Mannheim wins 2:1 against Kassel.

Kassel was lucky and Gage was great.

Tripp and Healey played well also Butenschon

Passmore hat a few great saves.

Old
12-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Sparky

Mannheim/Kassel was frustrating. Mannheim dominated play for most of the game but just couldn't finish. Corbet gets my first star for creating a ton of chances and for a great open-ice hit. Passmore had some fun in net making acrobatic saves, but didn't have to make too many of them.

On another topic, what's this about the possibility of Kolzig signing with Berlin? I heard that there are rumors floating around.

Old
12-27-2004, 03:18 AM
Sanderson

Kolzig won't play anywhere but the NHL this year. He wants to spend time with his family and is the goalie coach for his former junior team.

He wasn't even sure about the World Championships. He said that if the coach wants him to play he would come, but he made it clear that he would have no match praxis at all.

Old
12-27-2004, 07:11 AM
Nick Lidstrom

Quote:
Mannheim/Kassel was frustrating. Mannheim dominated play for most of the game but just couldn't finish. Corbet gets my first star for creating a ton of chances and for a great open-ice hit. Passmore had some fun in net making acrobatic saves, but didn't have to make too many of them.
Thats it. They where shoting and shoting but it won't went in. May first star of the game was Tripp he missed the empty net but he played great in the Powerplay (Homer style ) i didn't see his Goal cause i was outside flirting with the Saley Women on the Hot Dog Bar . Healey also played well i hope he stays togehter with Kelly.
Yes Passmore is nice to watch with his flopper style.

Old
12-28-2004, 08:09 AM
Sparky

Quote:
Kolzig won't play anywhere but the NHL this year. He wants to spend time with his family and is the goalie coach for his former junior team.

He wasn't even sure about the World Championships. He said that if the coach wants him to play he would come, but he made it clear that he would have no match praxis at all.
I figured as much, but there's always a chance I guess. That's why Berlin is trying...

Lidstrom, the woman where, sitzplatz or stehplatz? I hope you mean at the corner on the stehplatz side, that's where the young pretty ones work.

I did not see either goal well, I'm afraid, I was screened on both...

Old
12-28-2004, 08:44 AM
Sanderson

Actually some newspapers report that the Freezers want Kölzig as well and have already contacted him. That's what Capla had to say about it.

I don't know why Berlin or Hamburg would want him. Both teams have good starting goaltenders but need a backup who can play some games. Olaf Kölzig surely wouldn't come to Germany to sit on the bench, just like Rousson and Jonas would be a waste on the bench. In case of Hamburg a true goalscorer (like Iginla ) would be much more helpful.

Old
12-28-2004, 05:53 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Lidstrom
Tripp and Healey played well also Butenschon
Didn´t know that he´s able to play well

Old
12-29-2004, 08:40 AM
Nick Lidstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky
I figured as much, but there's always a chance I guess. That's why Berlin is trying...

Lidstrom, the woman where, sitzplatz or stehplatz? I hope you mean at the corner on the stehplatz side, that's where the young pretty ones work.

I did not see either goal well, I'm afraid, I was screened on both...

stehplatz of course

yes i meant at the corner on the stehplatz side.

But the prettiest is over thirty thats a shame

Quote:
Didn´t know that he´s able to play well
I think the problem is that wwhat some had expectet from Butenschön.

Most People expect form a NHL Defender hard hits, great passes and a laser beam slapshot.

At the beginning of the Season he had much problesm with the greater ice rink. And skates through the ice like he was looking for mushrooms.

But know he isn't bad in my opinion i countet his passes wich endet in turn overs trogh the last game and that wasn't much.
He also is OK on one on ones and uses his reach efficiently.

He destroys the game of the other team and thats finaly his Job.

Old
12-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Hellström

Quote:
I think the problem is that wwhat some had expectet from Butenschön.
Hmm, i´d say the problem is the whole organization, not the expectations of "fans"

Quote:

He destroys the game of the other team and thats finaly his Job.
I´m sure the GM thinks about that a little bit different :lol

Old
12-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Nick Lidstrom

Quote:
I´m sure the GM thinks about that a little bit different
You think

are you sure about that ?

Old
01-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Sanderson

Wow, Kassel got blown out often in Hamburg, but today was truly the worst game I've ever seen them play.
The game could have been over after five minutes, the score of 8-3 was way too low.

How could this team win against Hamburg at home and then loose so badly on the road?
It's not like the teams changed since then...

Someone needs to convice Johnson and Reid to stay in Hamburg, they are just awesome.

Old
01-04-2005, 04:44 PM
zecke26

Quote:
How could this team win against Hamburg at home and then loose so badly on the road?
It's not like the teams changed since then...
we have never won in hamburg, so i did expect something like this. and the huskies are great at home, but i don't know what they're doing away. in mannheim they were outplayed, when they faced them at home they were slighty better than mannheim. a totally different showing.

Old
01-05-2005, 04:17 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Hh

Welp, the thing that bugs me about the Hamburg victory is simply seeing them lose 3-0 to Ingolstadt, 5-0 to Mannheim and 6-1 to Köln. They could have used some of those 8 goals in a few other games!

Still, word is here that there will DEFINITELY be an NHLer coming over after the "expected" decision on the 14th of this month. Be on the lookout!

However, Dowd doesn't look to be coming back and his license is gone. That was a big mistake!

Old
01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
What happened to Dowd? When did he leave?
And who is currently injured for Hamburg?

Also, does anyone know why Krefeld's website has been down for the WHOLE season?

Old
01-10-2005, 11:09 PM
Firedriller

Send a message via ICQ to Firedriller Send a message via MSN to Firedriller Send a message via Skype™ to Firedriller
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJay28
What happened to Dowd? When did he leave?
around Dec. 19th. Official statement was that he brought back his family to the US... and stayed.

Quote:
And who is currently injured for Hamburg?
I'm not really sure but it seems that nobody is injured at the freezers rooster. Nevertheless at the match against Ingolstadt on Sunday they had to compensate the drop out of van Impe due to gastro-intestinal diseases and Peacock, Purdie und Johnson played weakened by the flu.

Quote:
Also, does anyone know why Krefeld's website has been down for the WHOLE season?
The site isn't down, it just moved to http://www.krefeld-pinguine.de/
Real stupid story: they got rid of their spokesman who also owns the domain and took it with him (for becoming a fansite in the future). So they had to move.

Old
01-11-2005, 07:19 AM
Sanderson

Right now Hamburg has two injured defensemen, Smazal and Manning. Both are already out for some weeks and won't return in the near future.
It's a pity, as both are extremely important for the team. Smazal is the Captain and Manning the top shut down defenseman of the team (and maybe even league).

The team didn't have a full roster for the last few months, there was always someone missing. I hope that we can get a premier NHL-forward soon, most of the team isn't really dangerous (anymore).

Old
01-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Sanderson

You can add another one to that list. Rumrich has a broken kneecap and won't return before march.

Old
01-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
You can add another one to that list. Rumrich has a broken kneecap and won't return before march.
Yep, that's pretty bad too. Throw in that Plachta is now suspended for 4 games and well, things are getting ridiculous in Hamburg. I don't know if it's a financial issue or what, but this team can't afford to play the next 5 or 6 games just praying to get through. They just don't have the bodies.

Right now, they immediately need a German Dman and a capable 3rd/4th line German forward who can be dependable defensively. Then - in light of the cancelled meeting on the 14th - that NHLer must come now!!! I don't know if it'll be a guy like Chris Drury, but the team desperately needs a left-handed sniper who'll put up 20 points in the last 15 games. Anything short of that and I'm not sure they'll hold on to a playoff spot.

Ohhhh, and for the fella in California, Jim Dowd went home on account of "personal family reasons". On television, it was said that his wife pretty much just hated life here in Hamburg. However, everything and everyone else is saying it was a distinct case of differences with the coach, his inability to get used to life in Europe and well, quite honestly, his total lack of effectiveness in his short time here. 13 points in 20 games wasn't actually all that bad, but about 7 of those came in a 3 game span. He was more or less AWOL in the others. I think he had one or two games with 3 points a piece. Still, his departure hasn't been overcome.

Old
01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Hi, I have a quick question. Are there any teams in the DEL or 2.liga in the Munich area? I may get a chance to go to Munich in the fall and am wondering if there will be any hockey that I might be able to see.

Thanks so much.

Old
01-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Hellström

The Munich area offers a lot of teams:

Pretty close are (atleast i think that those teams are pretty close):

ERC Ingolstadt (DEL) www.erci.de
(Roughly 80 km, just drive north with the autobahn A9 - it´s a new arena, pretty nice but not that big, but better than before where they played in subsurface stadium - sounds weird, yes it was weird. Some trees did grown on the roof )

Augsburg Panthers (DEL) www.aev-panther.de
(Roughly 80 km, just drive the autobahn A8 and you get to Augsburg - don´t be too shocked, the arena is a little bit frosty )

From the 2nd tier group:

EV Landshut www.la-cannibals.de
(about 80 km to Landshut. Driving the autobahn A92 is useful, you get pretty close. Landshut is a former DEL-Team. Pavel Bure and Scott Young for example had short stints there in 1994/1995)

and EV Regensburg http://eisbaeren.donau.de/
(about 120 km. Driving the Autobahn A9 and later A93 will get you there. Really strong team, maybe they are able to get to the DEL soon (read an interview with interest in joining the DEL in about 3 years)

If you´d like to see a team in Munich itself:

The southern 3rd tier group offers
the EHC Munich www.ehc-muenchen.com
(it´s in munich itself and the team is playing in the Olympic Icearena, so it´s pretty close to the Soccer Stadium "Olympiastadion"
Concrete adress:
Olympiapark
Spiridon-Louis-Ring 3
Munich)

Starbulls Rosenheim www.starbulls.de
(About 70 km south-east of Munich - A8 will get you to Rosenheim. Attention: driving the A8 into the south will get you to Rosenheim, driving the A8 north-west will get you to Augsburg )

SC Riessersee www.sc-riessersee.de
(Riessersee is no city, it´s the hometeam of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. About 90 km from Munich to Garmisch with the autobahn A95 you get pretty close to Garmisch, older stadium, but really traditional team)

EHC Klostersee www.ehck.de
(There´s no place called Klostersee, it´s just a teamname, maybe there´s a lake called Klostersee, don´t know. Klostersee is playing in Grafing and Grafing is a about 35 km east of Munich)

EC Peiting www.ec-peiting.de
(about 90 km distance, slightly soutwest of Munich)

TEV Miesbach www.tev-miesbach.de
(about 45 km south of Munich, driving the autobahn A8 to the south will get you close, don´t know much about the team)

km = kilometres, i´m too lazy now to convert it into miles right now
Autobahn = a freeway

If you need more information, feel free to ask again.

Old
01-13-2005, 02:31 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
The Munich area offers a lot of teams:
Thank you so much, very helpful and informative!!

Closed Thread