Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[GER] the official DEL/2.liga/oberliga thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Sanderson

vCash: 500
Pretty good day for our talents today.
Kink, Hospelt and Gogulla all with one assist each.

Old
01-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Hellström

Send a message via ICQ to Hellström
Olaf Kölzig is supposed to sign with either Hamburg or Berlin if the final lockout call comes.
If he´s heading to Hamburg it´ll be like oil in the fire after the most likely signing of Barta - i´m excited about that little clash

Something i´ve never liked - everybody knows that the players and teams are talking about contracts and even signing contracts and it hasn´t been a problem in Europe in the last decade, so why deny all rumours, talk about "no contract offers till the POs are over" and that stuff - it´s too obvious...

Old
01-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Sanderson

MOPO reports that Kölzig rejected Hamburg.
I'm actually glad he did. Hamburg doesn't need a goalie of his caliber. A backup who can play some games would be better, but the most important thing would be a sniper. Iginla wouldn't look bad in a Freezers-jersey

Old
01-20-2005, 10:42 AM
Eisbären Rgb Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakos
From the 2nd tier group:

EV Landshut www.la-cannibals.de
(about 80 km to Landshut. Driving the autobahn A92 is useful, you get pretty close. Landshut is a former DEL-Team. Pavel Bure and Scott Young for example had short stints there in 1994/1995)

and EV Regensburg http://eisbaeren.donau.de/
(about 120 km. Driving the Autobahn A9 and later A93 will get you there. Really strong team, maybe they are able to get to the DEL soon (read an interview with interest in joining the DEL in about 3 years)
I'm from Regensburg, and Landshut and Straubing (http://www.straubing-tigers.de/) are our arch rivals, if you want to see some excellent hockey and a great atmosphere, watch one of these games. Last sunday we won the game against Straubing with 4:3 and it was a very good match.

Old
01-20-2005, 11:00 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
I'm actually glad he did. Hamburg doesn't need a goalie of his caliber. A backup who can play some games would be better, but the most important thing would be a sniper. Iginla wouldn't look bad in a Freezers-jersey
I would like to see Iginla in the DEL, although he has stated several times he is not coming to play in Europe this season.He said maybe next year if the lockout continues.

Old
01-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Well, after seeing the game against Hannover live last night, I can say that Hamburg just looks lacking in ideas, lacking in ability to establish a power play and very willing to allow the opponent to create a decent attack. In addition, Rousson just looked terrible. Any 2 of the first three goals could have been stopped. No slight to Hannover.... they played solidly, creatively and consistently. That was a surprise. If they can somehow continue that for the last 13 games, they just MIGHT avoid the relegation round. Too late if you ask me.

As for Hamburg, Johnson is a Godsend and Reid has his moments, but if the Freezers think they're gonna do ANYTHING in the playoffs, they MUST get a potent NHL player. At this stage, I think it's too late. Sorry, as well as they've performed in some stretches, this team isn't gonna win a thing with a third line consisting of the likes of Antons, Martinovic, Young and Oravec. They're barely staying above water!

For Hannover, I must say that Röthke and Hock looked very alive and smart. Mara looked like he was sitting in the stands and watching the game himself. He showed zero impulses and definitely slows down Hannover's game. Totally disinterested!

Old
01-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Sanderson

Yeah the goals looked weak, the shots weren't hard at all.

I think the third line looked good yesterday, better than in the last weeks. Still, even with the return of Plachta in the near future, they need a sniper soon. You can't play with three lines all the time, especially if one third of your roster isn't known to score goals.

It's funny, the team was pretty successful the last few weeks, but somehow they always lose against a bottom feeder when they have the chance to close the gap to the top.

Now, if someone could tell me what Richard Schütz was doing on the ice, he was absolutely atrocious.
Reid and Cipolla getting two minutes each for unsportsmanlike conduct although both were clearly hooked by the opponent?
Molling getting two minutes after Röthke ran into Rousson?
You've got to be gidding me.

Old
01-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Now, if someone could tell me what Richard Schütz was doing on the ice, he was absolutely atrocious.
Reid and Cipolla getting two minutes each for unsportsmanlike conduct although both were clearly hooked by the opponent?
Molling getting two minutes after Röthke ran into Rousson?
You've got to be gidding me.

Didn't see Schütz at all, but I did Reiss once and he looked like a very good skater. Looked bigger than I imagined him too.

Yep, there were some bad calls last night, but to me it looked like Molling crosschecked Röthke pretty hard while Röthke stood poking at Rousson. Granted, this happens all the time and usually isn't called. It didn't need to be called then either.

Old
01-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Sanderson

Yeah, that's what I meant.
It's not like Molling thought "now is a good time to crosscheck somebody", there was a reason for it. Either you send both guys off or none of them, but not only one.

I still wonder why the faceoff was suddenly in the neutral zone with ten seconds left. There was no reason for it, it was a normal stoppage of play, the goalie covered the puck.

Well, you can't change it now, they just have to beat Iserlohn on Sunday now.

Old
01-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Bacchus

Short upgrade from the Oberliga: The Preussen won their game in Hannover 3:1 - their 19th victory in a row! 3000 fans visited the "Pferdeturm"...

Old
01-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Nick Lidstrom

Reichel looks toward a lon suspention 'cause he beat one of the linesmen in yesterday game.

Old
01-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Sanderson

Not only did he spear a linesman, he pushed the ref before that.
Just as an information, the ref was from Sweden.

The Freezers don't even have three lines anymore, Francz is now injured as well. Maybe I should ask if they need any help

Old
01-23-2005, 04:09 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz
Short upgrade from the Oberliga: The Preussen won their game in Hannover 3:1 - their 19th victory in a row! 3000 fans visited the "Pferdeturm"...
Make that 20! 6:0 vs Neuwied in the Deutschlandhalle!

Old
01-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Sanderson

I got the feeling I don't post anything else anymore: the Freezers lost another two players to injury

I don't know how long Molling (concussion) and Reid (arm injury) will be out, but right now we're down to eight forwards and five defensemen. Luckily Plachta returns from his suspension or would it be even less...

Old
01-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Tronador

Quote:
Make that 20! 6:0 vs Neuwied in the Deutschlandhalle!
And the first goal from Thorsten Kunz....

Old
01-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Why can't Hamburg just bring up a few players from Division 2 to fill their roster? They had that Schadewaldt guy and now he's back down, which sounded very bizarre since they needed players. And what about Jury Lütgen? He's been listed on the Hamburg webpage for two years now and hasn't played a single game. Couldn't he get brought up?

What's up with Wolfsburg's goalie situation right now? Has Marc Seliger been injured pretty badly or something? For the last few games, they brought in some 45-year old goalie to backup. And today they signed Edmonton goalie Ty Conklin. Are they expecting that Seliger's not going to play again this season?

Old
01-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Sanderson

Hamburg has some players with a "Förderlizenz" in Bietigheim, but they can only use them when Bietigheim agrees to it.
Most of the DEL-teams pay the contracts of their Förderlizenz-players and loan them to a second or third division team, so they can recall them whenever they want.
Hamburg didn't want to spend money on them, so they are under contract in Bietigheim. As they are paying the salaries, they can decide if Hamburg can call them up.
It's not like they wouldn't let them go, but both teams play on the same day all the time.

Seliger has missed the last 15 games and they don't know when he can return.

Marek Mastic was janked in favour of Kevin Mc Gibney today, after letting in four goals on 21 shots. Mc Gibney played 30 minutes in his DEL-debut and made 15 saves on 16 shots. Not bad for a 45 year old guy who retired years ago

Last edited by Sanderson: 01-25-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old
01-26-2005, 07:55 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Yeah, I couldn't believe that when I was looking up McGibney's bio, that's why I had to figure that Seliger was hurt.

Any news on how long Martin Reichel is suspended?

Old
01-27-2005, 04:24 AM
michbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJay28
Yeah, I couldn't believe that when I was looking up McGibney's bio, that's why I had to figure that Seliger was hurt.

Any news on how long Martin Reichel is suspended?

Reichel is suspended for the rest of the regular season. He is eligible to play in the play-offs, but on parole.

Old
01-28-2005, 05:53 PM
Bacchus

21st victory in a row! Preussen beat the Eisbären Jr. 3:1!
And the big Eisbären lost to Krefeld at home.

Old
01-28-2005, 08:25 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Well, Hannover won for the 4th time in a row.

A little late I guess ....

Old
01-29-2005, 04:17 AM
Eisbären Rgb Fan

Quote:
21st victory in a row! Preussen beat the Eisbären Jr. 3:1!
And the big Eisbären lost to Krefeld at home.
At least the Eisbären Regensburg have won... they beat Duisburg with 4:0 which is a great performance for an away game against a team which is on second place at the moment. But we're only one point behind them now.

Old
01-29-2005, 05:16 AM
matys

Alex Sulzer

Can some Dusseldorf fan tell me how is Alex Sulzer doing? I heard he was better under new coach. Has he got a chance to become NHL player? What do you think? Thanks a lot for info.

Old
01-30-2005, 09:02 AM
Sanderson

I don't know if we have a Düsseldorf fan here.
He isn't playing today that's all I know. From what I can remember he looked solid, but I've only seen one or two games...

Hamburg looks good today, letting in four goals in ten minutes against Düsseldorf isn't easy at all...
From what I've heard the goals were pretty weak. Well, the team already looked tired on Friday, after they came back in the second period against Mannheim.

Old
01-30-2005, 03:40 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

If anyone wants to know, Paul Stanton (ex-Lion captain) came out of retirement to play for the worst team in the Swedish Elitserien.

Closed Thread