Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

[GER] the official DEL/2.liga/oberliga thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2005, 02:49 AM
Sven

vCash: 500
They are a good team, no problem to admit that, but they are not my team.

Old
02-26-2005, 12:27 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Doug Weight scores his first DEL goal and another by Pat Lebeau! Here come the Lions!!

Old
02-26-2005, 12:54 PM
danista

Send a message via MSN to danista
It was'nt Weights first DEL-goal, he played for Rosenheim in the 94-95 lockout and made 3 goals there.

Old
02-26-2005, 04:51 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danista
It was'nt Weights first DEL-goal, he played for Rosenheim in the 94-95 lockout and made 3 goals there.
Oops. My mistake. His first goal since coming back.

Old
02-27-2005, 09:15 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Doug Weight with the hat trick!! Lebeau a couple more points. These two and the Lions can not be stopped!!!

Old
02-28-2005, 08:40 AM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Doug Weight with the hat trick!! Lebeau a couple more points. These two and the Lions can not be stopped!!!
Yes, if these two continue their play and the other important players like Robidas, Norris, Young & Hackert also continue to shine, the Frankfurt Lions will be real tough to beat in the Playoffs.

Old
02-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

I think at this point, Frankfurt must be the overwhelming favorite to take the title. They were that before Weight arrived, but with 6 points in 2 games, it's looking like he's the dangerous weapon that no other team has, nor can handle.

Old
02-28-2005, 08:05 PM
earl

Will Waite and Sturm play today?

Old
03-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Welp, I think within a matter of a few short days, we all know EXACTLY who Ingolstadt does not want to face in the playoffs.

Frankfurt is justing looking incredible.

Am I the only one here kinda hoping the Scorpions will be able to overtake Wolfsburg and avoid the relegation round???

And am I the only one still disgusted with the Freezers? In a year where it was sooooo obvious that they'd need extra offense and with over 350 NHLers in Europe, all they could scratch up was Jim Dowd for a lousy 20 games - unreplaced. Giguere is a great pick-up, no doubt, but that's only because Rousson was failing miserably after the first 25 games. This team is still DESPERATE for offense. Their only real hope is that they'll have EVERYONE back for the playoffs and Giguere will play out of his mind. Also, this playing with 5 established defensemen for 3 months is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen a DEL team put itself through. They've missed Manning and Smazal incredibly over large chunks of the season. On the other hand, I have this gut feeling that Purdie is suddenly gonna show up for the Freezers big-time in the upcoming playoffs. It's just a gut feeling, but if he, House, Reid and Johnson could ALL produce at the same time, then their problems would be quelled.

Old
03-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Sanderson

Well, right now Johnson and Reid need to come back from injury first
It's really incredible, the game against Berlin was close all game long, but Berlin got some lucky bounces while the Freezers couldn't score.

King was fired today, Mika Schmidt will take over for the rest of the season. I expected them to wait with that until the end of the season, not firing him right before the playoffs.

I don't think things will change, too little time and too little difference between King and Schmidt.

Old
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle
Am I the only one here kinda hoping the Scorpions will be able to overtake Wolfsburg and avoid the relegation round???
No, me too. But they waste match-point after match-point, it's utterly frustrating.

Old
03-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Sanderson

It's really funny, Hannover has no problems in beating Mannheim, Berlin or Köln, but they don't beat the teams I want them to beat (Krefeld, Augsburg).

Now it's a pretty close race for 7th place and as described above I have the feeling that Hannover will hurt Hamburg again

BTW, Lukas Lang is the "super sleeper" in the new redline report. Doesn't really come as a surprise to me, as Lang is having an excellent season, even in the DEL.

Old
03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Mannheim's problem this season is just the following: They only need to play on their constant level. Nobody expects them to have 10 perfect games in a row, but every real good game is followed by a miserable one...
If they can play at their constant level, they will be tough to beat...

Old
03-03-2005, 05:46 AM
michbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
It's really funny, Hannover has no problems in beating Mannheim, Berlin or Köln, but they don't beat the teams I want them to beat (Krefeld, Augsburg).

Now it's a pretty close race for 7th place and as described above I have the feeling that Hannover will hurt Hamburg again

BTW, Lukas Lang is the "super sleeper" in the new redline report. Doesn't really come as a surprise to me, as Lang is having an excellent season, even in the DEL.

What's this?

Regarding the Freezers, I'd say they should fire Boris Capla. That guy is just ridiculous. Every other manager in the DEL would have put a quality product on the ice if he had had the Freezers' money.

Old
03-03-2005, 10:22 AM
Sanderson

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...red-line_x.htm

Yeah, he isn't exactly the best manager, but he isn't really responsible for the team. Player search was the job of Dave King and Chris Reynolds (who took over the job from Max Fedra), Capla is more responsible for the business-side of the Freezers.

Hamburg isn't much worse than they should be, with the money they have. Sometimes Hamburg's budget is listed as the highest of all DEL-teams, which isn't true at all. It's just that the Freezers have to pay a large rent for the color line arena, way more than any other team besides Köln.
The player budget should be around 6th in the league, maybe one place higher or lower.

Old
03-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson
[url]
Hamburg isn't much worse than they should be, with the money they have. Sometimes Hamburg's budget is listed as the highest of all DEL-teams, which isn't true at all. It's just that the Freezers have to pay a large rent for the color line arena, way more than any other team besides Köln.
The player budget should be around 6th in the league, maybe one place higher or lower.
This is true. I'm not surprised to see King go. The fact that he was coaching the team THROUGH Schmidt is a serious problem in and of itself.

Basically, Hamburg needs to settle down and win 2 of their last 3 or 4 games. Then, in the playoffs, they need each of Manning, Van Impe, Smazal, Peacock, Walter and LeTang ready to play. A loss of any one and the D is just too thin. Then, they need Purdie and House to wake up from their season-long slumps (and who knows, they might now that King is gone) while each of Reid, Johnson, Tomlinson and Rumrich need to be playing. Should that be the case and Reid and Johnson can also produce as they have been, then Hamburg will be the scare of the playoffs. Why? Because a solid defense along with four lines will keep Giguere only facing 20-25 shots a game and if that's the case, chances are the opponents won't be scoring more than twice a game.

However, a lot of factors need to come together in that scenario.

Old
03-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Sanderson

You've got to be kidding me. Is someone using voodoo against the Freezers or why won't it stop?

Johnson was supposed to return soon, now he injured himself in training and has to be operated. Reid, who was set to return in the next few days, will miss the rest of the regular season as well.

He had bruised rips and a bruised shoulder and layed down for a massage, but had to sneeze while doing so. It seems like some of his rips cracked because of that, he couldn't breath anymore.

Old
03-13-2005, 10:16 AM
Sanderson

The regular season is over...

Wolfsburg and Hannover changed places every few minutes, but in the end a three time lead wasn't enough and Wolfsburg has to play against Kassel in the playdowns.

quarterfinals:
Frankfurt - Hamburg
Berlin - Augsburg
Nürnberg - Mannheim
Köln - Ingolstadt

I'd say Frankfurt and Berlin won't have a problem with their opponents and will both win 4-1. The other two matchups are closer, but I think Nürnberg and Köln look better right now.

Not to forget:
Patrick Lebeau finished the season with 29 goals and 65 assists for 94 points, which is second all time behind Robert Reichel in 95/96. He had more assists than the next player had points (Mike York with 62).
It's only the second time in league history that a player finished a season with the most goals and points, Brad Purdie did it in 2001/02.

Doug Weight had a pretty good finish as well, 6 goals and 9 assists in 7 games.

Now, why does Hamburg have to play against these guys?

Old
03-13-2005, 12:32 PM
MAF
Rookie User

I think I'm going to watch one of the Lions vs. Freezers games. I'd love to see Doug Weight and J-Sebastien Giguere in action.

Old
03-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF
I think I'm going to watch one of the Lions vs. Freezers games. I'd love to see Doug Weight and J-Sebastien Giguere in action.

You'll see Doug Weight, but Giguere is injured. Guess it was too much, too quick after a nine month pause. Looks like the Freezers are entering the playoffs without Giguere and without Johnson. Reid played today, so I guess he'll play through the pain. Don't think Rumrich will back for the first few games.

Frankfurt is just incredible. It'll be interesting seeing what they achieve, especially with Weight and the amazing impact he's had thus far. Lebeau was enough, now they've got a guy who might have the most impressive point-per-game pace the DEL has ever seen.

Congatulations to Augsburg. 6 games ago, it looked like they just weren't gonna make it.

I'm predicting Mannheim will go down fast. They have been amazingly inconsistent. The real battle is gonna be between Ingolstadt and Cologne, although Ingolstadt hasn't finished the season very well.

By the way, congrats to Hannover as well. They earned their way out of the elimination round with big victories today and Friday against Frankfurt! Almost poetic having Soccio score two today in an immensely important game! Almost tied his season total!

Wolfsburg has had an impressive first year, but it would be REAL strange seeing a DEL season start without Kassel.....

Old
03-13-2005, 04:19 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle

You'll see Doug Weight, but Giguere is injured. Guess it was too much, too quick after a nine month pause. Looks like the Freezers are entering the playoffs without Giguere and without Johnson. Reid played today, so I guess he'll play through the pain. Don't think Rumrich will back for the first few games.
But if Giguere is injured, what has he been the backup goalies of Rousson on this weekend? If something happens to Rousson, the Freezers do have a serious problem...I'm optimistic he can recover till next Thursday.

Old
03-13-2005, 05:12 PM
quebec2

Send a message via MSN to quebec2
I think Koln-Ingolstadt will be the most unpredictable quarter.. very interesting!

How works relegation playout. Who is involved: Wolfsburg, Kassel and Hannover?
They play in a round robin? please can explain...

Old
03-13-2005, 06:48 PM
michbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by quebec2
I think Koln-Ingolstadt will be the most unpredictable quarter.. very interesting!

How works relegation playout. Who is involved: Wolfsburg, Kassel and Hannover?
They play in a round robin? please can explain...

It'll be a best-of-seven series between Wolfsburg and Kassel.

Old
03-13-2005, 09:58 PM
earl

What's Giguere's injury? How long will he be out?

Also, are the playoffs 2-2-1-1-1 (home/away)?

Old
03-14-2005, 03:28 AM
michbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl
What's Giguere's injury? How long will he be out?

Also, are the playoffs 2-2-1-1-1 (home/away)?

No, the series will be alternating between home and away games.

Closed Thread