HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guys you would rather not want to see traded and why

Old
11-30-2011, 08:24 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
The only type of trade that I'm averse to seeing is one that costs significant young assets and doesn't shake up the top six.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Tyler Myers: Because he's our franchise dman

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

My Untouchables

Myers
Ehrhoff
Regehr
Vanek

oh... and Leino()

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:16 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Vanek
Ennis
Kassian
Adam
McNabb
Hecht
Myers
Enroth
Miller
Regehr
Weber

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Luceni

No one.

I'd deal everyone for the right offer.

Vanek for Getzlaf? Done!
Pomineville for Brassard? Done!
Miller + Stafford a First rounder and Ennis/Sekera/Weber for Hiller, Koivu/Getzlaf and Ryan? Hell yes!
Leino and Boyes for solid picks and prospects? done
Roy + Stafford and a first Rounder for Flips and Helm? Done!

You could go on with every player of our team. The only player I really don't want to give up is Regehr.... These kind of dman are hard to find....

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 12:52 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Untouchables:

Myers.

AAaaand we're spent. That's it. Just Myers.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:22 AM
Luceni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Untouchables:

Myers.

AAaaand we're spent. That's it. Just Myers.
Myers, Stafford and a second rounder for Getzlaf and Ryan?

I'd take that deal and run.....

Vanek - Getzlaf - Pomineville
Ennis - Roy - Ryan

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Dsmietana

I don't really get all the love for Myers? People clamoring about nonsense awards or how he had such heart after his benching? You see his first goal the game he came back? a Gimmie and he fanned...He is a fast, tall D man with above average hands. That being said being tall doesn't make you Nick Lidstrom. It's so overvalued (and I'm 6'4), if Myers was six foot would you even consider him good? I think he would be considered a slightly less talented Sekera. I would take another Regehr in a second. Seriously, he is lights out, hasn't made any sort of glaring error and is one of the toughest guys on the ice. The only two guys on this team who can't be traded are Regehr and Vanek.

You only are able to obtain high level talent by taking risks. Right now Myers is so over hyped it is the perfect time to trade him. Hell, he got outplayed by nearly all are Dmen in the playoffs last year, including some newbies (MAG)!

On a seperate note; we really need to move Stafford and Roy. They have put up numbers that could be enticing to some but we all know they aren't what championship teams are made of.

Dsmietana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:25 AM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Yes, I'd trade one of the top 10 scorers in the NHL for a guy who has been a healthy scratch on the worst team in the league too.

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 02:28 AM
clumping platelets

Prospects I do not want traded: Kassian, Foligno, McNabb, Enroth, Tropp, Boychuk, or Szezchura(sp?)

Basically any other prospect is on the table.

Roster players I do not want traded: Myers, Miller, Vanek, Leino (give him more than 20 something games), Regher, Gaustad, Pominville, McCormick, Ehrhoff, Finley (we need this type of player BIG time), Kaleta, or Adam

That leaves: Roy, Stafford, Boyes, Ennis, Gerbe, Hecht, Ellis, Leopold, Weber, Sekera, Gragnani and any prospect I did not name.

My proposal to the Ducks:

F Stafford, D Sekera, F Ennis, prospect D Brennan, and draft choice ($7.625 million cap) to Ducks for F Ryan, D Lydman, and prospect or pick ($8.1 million cap).

Then Ducks could move Stafford or Sekera to 3rd team for picks and prospects for financial relief.

clumping platelets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:21 AM
Mellifleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
Prospects I do not want traded: Kassian, Foligno, McNabb, Enroth, Tropp, Boychuk, or Szezchura(sp?)

Basically any other prospect is on the table.

Roster players I do not want traded: Myers, Miller, Vanek, Leino (give him more than 20 something games), Regher, Gaustad, Pominville, McCormick, Ehrhoff, Finley (we need this type of player BIG time), Kaleta, or Adam

That leaves: Roy, Stafford, Boyes, Ennis, Gerbe, Hecht, Ellis, Leopold, Weber, Sekera, Gragnani and any prospect I did not name.

My proposal to the Ducks:

F Stafford, D Sekera, F Ennis, prospect D Brennan, and draft choice ($7.625 million cap) to Ducks for F Ryan, D Lydman, and prospect or pick ($8.1 million cap).

Then Ducks could move Stafford or Sekera to 3rd team for picks and prospects for financial relief.
I would do this in a heartbeat. Can I take over as the GM of Anaheim for just one day please so I can facilitate this for the Sabres ?

Mellifleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
No one.

Vanek for Getzlaf? Done!
Miller + Stafford a First rounder and Ennis/Sekera/Weber for Hiller, Koivu/Getzlaf and Ryan? Hell yes!

You could go on with every player of our team. The only player I really don't want to give up is Regehr.... These kind of dman are hard to find....
The bolded trades are really bad. Pominville for Brassard would get us laughed at league-wide, and Ken Holland would probably think Darcy was joking if he offered Roy and Stafford AND a 1st rounder for Flip and Helm.

"Wait, you're going to give me a 70-point center on a great contract and a young winger who scored at a 40-goal pace before his 25th birthday, as well as mid-to-late 1st rounder in a stacked draft, and all I have to give you is two bottom-6 centers? Seriously?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsmietana View Post
I don't really get all the love for Myers? People clamoring about nonsense awards or how he had such heart after his benching? You see his first goal the game he came back? a Gimmie and he fanned...He is a fast, tall D man with above average hands. That being said being tall doesn't make you Nick Lidstrom. It's so overvalued (and I'm 6'4), if Myers was six foot would you even consider him good? I think he would be considered a slightly less talented Sekera. I would take another Regehr in a second. Seriously, he is lights out, hasn't made any sort of glaring error and is one of the toughest guys on the ice. The only two guys on this team who can't be traded are Regehr and Vanek.

You only are able to obtain high level talent by taking risks. Right now Myers is so over hyped it is the perfect time to trade him. Hell, he got outplayed by nearly all are Dmen in the playoffs last year, including some newbies (MAG)!

On a seperate note; we really need to move Stafford and Roy. They have put up numbers that could be enticing to some but we all know they aren't what championship teams are made of.
I'd certainly move either in a deal that improves the team, but we don't need to move them. Roy needs to be properly cast. He's not ever going to be the top center on a championship team. So, other than trading him and possibly making our team worse, what's the other solution? Get a better center in here to carry that load and allow Roy to play a more secondary role. Gee, what a novel idea, one that's only been preached by anyone and everyone for years, yet we haven't done it. And I'm really not getting all the Stafford hate right now. Do we trade every player in an eight-game slump just for ***** and giggles?

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:46 AM
gallagt01

Quote:

There's love for Myers because for long stretches of time in his first two seasons, he's proven that he can be the most dominant player on the ice. He's young, and he's inconsistent. You take your time with defenseman. Myers has shown time and time again that he can, and will be, something special in this league.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

You have a Connolly Leaf jersey as your profile picture, therefore your opinion holds no value here.

You're judging Myer's value based purely on point production, saying things like he got outplayed by all the Dmen in the playoffs is purely asinine.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 08:58 AM
HiddenInLight

I would really hate to see Myers or Vanek walk away from here for any reason except to retire....otherwise anybody else Id trade if the return was worth it....Also I think it is possible with our wing depth and our massive amount of defensive prospects to net a number one center without trading roy. Honestly Adding a number one Center while keeping Roy and Adam gives us great depth at that position:

Vanek - Center - Pomminville
Ennis - Roy - Stafford
Hecht - Adam - Kassian/Boyes/Leino
Gerbe - Gaustad - McCormick/Katetta/Ellis/Tropp

Then if a center goes down we just bump the line up amd to fill in at center we have good options in:

Hecht, Boyes, Leino, McCormick, and Ellis. All of whom (especially hecht) can make passible centers until the injured one comes back. We could definatly afford to trade a few young talented wingers such as Stafford, Ennis, Tropp, or Kassian along with say McNabb or Brennon and/or a pick or two (maybe enroth depending on the team) to grab a number one center. We honestly have great wing and defense depth let's shed some for that Centerman.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:19 AM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Vanek
Kassian
Enroth

Vanek because he is a true franchise forward, Kassian because he is a rare breed who is now a necessity in the new NhL and Enroth because he is a young great goaltender.

Everyone else, including Myers I would trade in a good deal. Myers has regressed 2 seasons in a row now, it really is frightening how bad he has become.
Talk about an overreaction. My god he's only in his third full NHL season, and is only 21 do you expect him to be Chris Pronger or Scott Niedermayer already? Give the guy some time to fully develop his game he's got a long career ahead of him, but your going to give up on him already, but our backup goalie is untouchable? Glad you don't run the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
It's amazing McNabb has attained near-untouchable status already, at least based on things said in this and other threads. If he's the difference between getting Bobby Ryan or not, later Brayden.

Here's my exhaustive list:

Myers

--END--
I think guys like Kassian and McNabb are two guys unique skill sets that don't come around every day. Kassian especially and I'd rather hold on to them if we can. But if a deal comes up for #1 center or a guy like Ryan there's no way you don't include them if that's what it takes to get that player. I just think a guy with Kassian's combination of skill, size, and toughness don't come around very often.

For me Myers and Vanek are the only untouchables for obvious reasons. Although if the right package came up I'd consider moving Vanek, but I don't think that package would.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Miller... He's a great goaltender and he's been our best player for the last four years now. Additionally he signed a new contract in Buffalo, which was very impressive to me, because all other key players have left Buffalo in the last couple of years. I really give him credit for this and I do think that he'll be our number one goaltender for years to come, I don't think that Enroth will replace him in the near future.

Other than Miller I would definitely hesitate to trade Myers. He's got the potential to be a top defenseman in the league. I would only trade him for another promising young defender like Doughty or Pietrangelo.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

To me, there is a difference between "Untouchable" and "Rather Not Trade".

My "Untouchable" list is blank. Myers was once untouchable. But, I'd move him off that list and onto the "Trade only if the offer is one I can't refuse" which is pretty much equivalent to "Rather Not Trade" to me.

So, here is my "Rather Not Trade" list:

Vanek - I'd rather not trade a guy that is currently sitting in the top 5 in the NHL in pts and wears an A

Pominville - I'd rather not trade a guy that is currently sitting in the top 10 in the NHL in pts and is wearing the C

Myers - Too much upside to move without the return being a no-brainer

Miller & Enroth - I like this duo and it would take quite an offer to move either guy

Roy - I like his cost to production ratio and he plays a position that the Sabres are light in

Adam, McNabb, Kassian, Foligno, Tropp - I see these guys as the next round of future core guys that up the team's size & grit and I'd rather not move guys like that out.

I think that's pretty much it.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Jame
Dream '16

I don't want to trade Kassian.
In fact, I'd like to make roster room to see him stay in Buffalo the rest of the year.

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
No one.

Vanek for Getzlaf? Done!

Good god I just threw up in my mouth. A lot of people seem to have an infatuation with Brassard and I'm not sure why. I loved him when he was drafted but it's just about time to move on, he has 4 points in 18 games and has been a healthy scratch for 6 out of the last 8 games (if I'm not mistaken) on one of the worst teams in the league. We're going to trade our captain, top 10 scorer in the league, for that guy? He's essentially had a 31 game stretch early in his career where he was an effective scorer, and that's it.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
Talk about an overreaction. My god he's only in his third full NHL season, and is only 21 do you expect him to be Chris Pronger or Scott Niedermayer already? Give the guy some time to fully develop his game he's got a long career ahead of him, but your going to give up on him already, but our backup goalie is untouchable? Glad you don't run the team.

I think guys like Kassian and McNabb are two guys unique skill sets that don't come around every day. Kassian especially and I'd rather hold on to them if we can. But if a deal comes up for #1 center or a guy like Ryan there's no way you don't include them if that's what it takes to get that player. I just think a guy with Kassian's combination of skill, size, and toughness don't come around very often.

For me Myers and Vanek are the only untouchables for obvious reasons. Although if the right package came up I'd consider moving Vanek, but I don't think that package would.
Pronger was on his second team and had been traded after an under-aged drinking charge (here in Buffalo) and needed to dry out by his third year. He was a -33 career at that point and was just completing his first season being groomed and tutored by former Conn Smythe winning D-man Al MacInnis. Pronger, at the same point in time, was a big talent who had to grow up off the ice and start putting his game together on the ice. Myers is not the experience Pronger we've seen over the last ten years. Same thing with Chara -- a guy who required a lot of patience who didn't improve until his fifth year (and first in Ottawa). Impatience seems to be pandemic.

12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:

You only are able to obtain high level talent by taking risks. Right now Myers is so over hyped it is the perfect time to trade him. Hell, he got outplayed by nearly all are Dmen in the playoffs last year, including some newbies (MAG)!On a seperate note; we really need to move Stafford and Roy. They have put up numbers that could be enticing to some but we all know they aren't what championship teams are made of.
You really think so? Myers was a beast in the playoff and our best D man.

Tend to agree with you about Roy and Stafford however.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoubleD View Post
Agreed, and Chain touched on it too but go back and watch Pronger in his first couple years, or Chara for that matter.

Chara was not a really effective player in the NHL until just before the lockout, when he was 25-26 years old. Before that he was a lumbering big man with a bit of a temper and that was it.

Pronger, as Chain described, was a disappointment early in his career until he started turning it around when he was 22-23 years old.

The biggest thing with young players is inconsistency, we have seen flashes of how dominant Myers can be, once he irons out those inconsistencies I have faith that he will become the player a lot of us expect him to be. Give it time, he's only 21.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:24 AM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
Agreed, and Chain touched on it too but go back and watch Pronger in his first couple years, or Chara for that matter.

Chara was not a really effective player in the NHL until just before the lockout, when he was 25-26 years old. Before that he was a lumbering big man with a bit of a temper and that was it.

Pronger, as Chain described, was a disappointment early in his career until he started turning it around when he was 22-23 years old.

The biggest thing with young players is inconsistency, we have seen flashes of how dominant Myers can be, once he irons out those inconsistencies I have faith that he will become the player a lot of us expect him to be. Give it time, he's only 21.

Exactly!

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

1. Myers is my favorite defense man in the league, although I fear I may have rested him too high atop a pedestal, and he will never live up to my hype! Regardless, he's pretty much my favorite hockey player, and that's on raw talent alone. If he gets smarter, he could be the kind of guy you can call a "franchise player" or an "elite level" defense man. So, for all of those reasons, he is on top of my list of players I would rather not see traded. Ever. If he did, I would want to see him go to the Penguins so I could watch him play live more often!

2. Miller is my favorite goalie in the game. And he is one of the very best in today's NHL. And thinking with pure reason, there is no possible way to improve the team by trading Miller. None.

3. Regehr. I've been a fan of his for a very long time and it's great to see him play every game now. They need more like him, not less.

4. Leopold. I'm surprised to find myself saying this but he is one of only 4 players on my list. He's giving the Sabres the very best years of his career, and he's a rock solid player in every zone. He loves the system, and he quietly leads on the ice. Very steady, very underrated, and it would have to be an amazing offer to even make me consider trading him.

Other than that, every body can be moved. Even Vanek. Love Vanek. But I would trade him for Malkin and 1 or 2 other players. I like pretty much the whole team but with the exception of the 4 players listed above, I can think of several ways to make the team way better by moving the some of the other players.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote