HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

St Louis-Stamkos-Ryan?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Benders Lindyhop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
This is gonna sound weird but I can tell you that I've heard some ducks fans that want Hiller out of there, they have some nice goaltending prospects and Hiller is not playing like he used to before vertigo.

Hiller
Ryan

for

Downie
1st
Purcell/Malone
Roloson/Garon
Panik
Hiller was/is/could be a really good goalie, but I'm really leery about making a trade for yet another goalie that has issues with his brain or any major medical problem. And while Ryan would be a nice shiny new toy for the offense, giving up that much for something we don't really need and something we need but may be broken is a bad idea.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:37 AM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
I wouldn't trade for Ryan he would cost us too much and I rather keep Ashton/Conolly. I would only move those for a star goalie/defenseman.

12-01-2011, 12:12 PM
newham89

Going by previous trades I would say that Ryan would cost something in the area of Gervais and a 5th.

Old
12-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I don't think Bobby Ryan is as likely a trade possibility as the quackers have a new coach, and will want to give them a shot together first.

Bobby Ryan's value also has to be sky high right now, as the media has been talking about it and the Ducks have both the pressure and the leverage to get significant assets in a trade for him.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
Well, Bobby Ryan is always the guy I try to trade for in the EA NHL games, so I could live with him coming to us... I just can't imagine it's very likely. Plus, why would the Ducks try to move him? The kid is 24, already a star, and all upside.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Rschmitz

I'd stay away unless it was a great deal. Would require a top 6 forward headed Anaheims way to make sense. Purcell is actually on pace to outscore him for a fraction of the salary, and we could have added offense in the offseason if we wanted to.

Old
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
If we are looking into adding another forward may I suggest Derick Brassard who has a small but very successful history with Boucher and probably is the ultimate change of scenery player.

Plus he can probably be had for cheap...

Quote:
"While I have tremendous respect for (general manager) Scott Howson and the rest of Columbus' management team, the situation regarding Derick Brassard has become untenable. The coach has a history of burying players and using them as scapegoats to mask his own lack of success on the ice. Derick has been singled out, almost from the very beginning of the season, to be the fall guy in case things don't go well. The Columbus organization cares about Derick and has been good to him, but at some point, one has to say, enough is enough."
-His agent

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...t-unloads.html

12-02-2011, 05:00 PM
AllAbout813

I agree with the idea that we need to pursue a top D/G before we consider tackling more top forwards. If we are gonna give up big assets, they need to strengthen D.

Old
12-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Rschmitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickov View Post
If we are looking into adding another forward may I suggest Derick Brassard who has a small but very successful history with Boucher and probably is the ultimate change of scenery player.

Plus he can probably be had for cheap...

-His agent

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...t-unloads.html
With that cap hit, where is the incentive?

Closed Thread