HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/01/11 | Senators vs Stars | Benn There, Done That | 8:30p.m. SNET-OTT, TVA

Old
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
I suppose this means Bryan Murray won't be shopping Kuba any time soon.
February at the earliest.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Anaxagoras
Futbol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
If MacLean's accountability actually rang true Karlsson would be getting less ice-time in the next game...and Spezza would too. Unfortunately we know that won't happen because MacLean's accountability only applies to specific players.
I have had next to zero problems with MacLean this year, and I bet if you asked the majority of Sens' fans they'd agree he's bringing out the best in what he's got. The only people I've heard complain about him are bellyaching about young players (who are still learning the game) not playing enough.

I don't understand this recent belief that MacLean is prejudiced against Rundblad and Filatov.

Why would MacLean (a guy completely new to the team) arrive in Ottawa with any biases for or against players? Why would he be prejudiced against Rundblad or Filatov (a player whom he apparently wanted Murray to acquire)?

He was perfectly willing to let other young guys like Cowen, Zibanejad, and Da Costa play with lots of ice time, so it's not like he sticks solely to his vets. Maybe it's that MacLean actually feels more comfortable with guys like Karlsson, Cowen, Spezza, etc. because we seem to win when we play them more.

Also, who on Earth is going to replace those minutes for Spezza and Karlsson? We're already missing Kuba on D, so we're down to two vets (Gonchar, Phillips), two rookies (Cowen, Rundblad), and then there's Lee. Who takes the extra minutes?

At centre: Zack Smith, Jesse Winchester, Nick Foligno. We're going to match Foligno up against Backstrom and Ovechkin?

Anaxagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
If MacLean's accountability actually rang true Karlsson would be getting less ice-time in the next game...and Spezza would too. Unfortunately we know that won't happen because MacLean's accountability only applies to specific players.
While I do appreciate your frustration, accountability doesn't mean reducing ice time or sitting because of a bad play or a bad game.

Spezza didn't have one of his better games, KK made a mistake, Phillips made a mistake on the first goal IMO, the 2nd goal was Rundblad and Spezza or Greening.

There were turnovers commited by many others, bad passes, and at least one dumb penalty. It was a bad night, but overall this team has been pretty good, over achieving based on early predictions.

So to apply a heavy hand isn't the solution in this case IMO, just turn the page and reinforce the things that need attention at practice or the team meeting, and move on to Washington.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
So to apply a heavy hand isn't the solution in this case IMO, just turn the page and reinforce the things that need attention at practice or the team meeting, and move on to Washington.
Impossible logic for most common fans.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:51 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ View Post
I have had next to zero problems with MacLean this year, and I bet if you asked the majority of Sens' fans they'd agree he's bringing out the best in what he's got. The only people I've heard complain about him are bellyaching about young players (who are still learning the game) not playing enough.

I don't understand this recent belief that MacLean is prejudiced against Rundblad and Filatov.

Why would MacLean (a guy completely new to the team) arrive in Ottawa with any biases for or against players? Why would he be prejudiced against Rundblad or Filatov (a player whom he apparently wanted Murray to acquire)?

He was perfectly willing to let other young guys like Cowen, Zibanejad, and Da Costa play with lots of ice time, so it's not like he sticks solely to his vets. Maybe it's that MacLean actually feels more comfortable with guys like Karlsson, Cowen, Spezza, etc. because we seem to win when we play them more.

Also, who on Earth is going to replace those minutes for Spezza and Karlsson? We're already missing Kuba on D, so we're down to two vets (Gonchar, Phillips), two rookies (Cowen, Rundblad), and then there's Lee. Who takes the extra minutes?

At centre: Zack Smith, Jesse Winchester, Nick Foligno. We're going to match Foligno up against Backstrom and Ovechkin?
I cannot say about Rundblad but Filatov? It is a big mistake. Before the trade Murray ask an advice Paul MacLean and he wanted Nikita. Filatov did not come to Bingo for bad achievments but MacLean is from Detroit and there they have system that they develop a player for his role. MacLean wants from him TOP 6 player so he will not put him to the third or the fourth line and prefered Bingo over it. But IMO after achievments against Canes, Jets (little afraid) and Stars... he will not see Bingo anymore.

I do not understand a logic... Filatov is in Bingo....MacLean hates him. And I like Nikita.

Last edited by mt-svk: 12-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Philadelphia Collins

I see the "i ain't even mad" slogan went down the drain after they started to win a few games

Philadelphia Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
February at the earliest.
Murray might resign him for a year if he makes KK go!!!!

Old
12-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
I see the "i ain't even mad" slogan went down the drain after they started to win a few games

Old
12-01-2011, 10:56 PM
HSF

i am guessing Ottawa wants to give some salary back but CBJ doesnt want to take it.

Lets get it done Murray... Brassard might be better on a puck possession team behind a guy like Spezza and playing with Alfie

HSF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Murray might resign him for a year if he makes KK go!!!!
He's looked good with Cowen when they do that.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Shanny
Let's Win It All

Brassard a Senator?....I ain't even mad.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:02 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
i am guessing Ottawa wants to give some salary back but CBJ doesnt want to take it.

Lets get it done Murray... Brassard might be better on a puck possession team behind a guy like Spezza and playing with Alfie
Brassard has a chemistry with Filatov they played together a time. It would be a good line with Alfie but I think you have centers in the system so I do not know whether it is good step for you.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:10 PM
trobby

Just watched the clip on TSN.ca..

Filly don't look good. Just sayin'

trobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:12 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobby View Post

As you think? Achievment or some injury problems?

Old
12-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Neil Patrick Harris
Playoffs right MEOW

vCash: 50
Quote:

Compared to all the people here saying he did well? Who watched the actual game?

Neil Patrick Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

i thought that was one of filatov's better games. if he keeps improving, he's got a chance at line 2.

i'd like to see more of butler with spezza too.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:

Hasn't shown much for on ice intelligence yet. He may not have needed it in slower levels of hockey.

Trying hard.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:

Yep a 30 second highlight video versus multiple reviews of people of who actually watched all 60 minutes of it.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:20 PM
BK201

Haha that clip does show him just standing around what it doesn't show you is Filatov battling behind the net before the goal than moving out to cover the point.

That possession felt really long in our end and seemed like we were dominated.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:22 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Yep a 30 second highlight video versus multiple reviews of people of who actually watched all 60 minutes of it.
I thought that he thought an interview.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Sensation

Couldn't catch the game tonight, could anyone sum it up for me so that I don't have to flip through the GDT?

Sensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBad View Post
Couldn't catch the game tonight, could anyone sum it up for me so that I don't have to flip through the GDT?
Boring.

Scored first. Then it was tied. Then it looked like we should lose. But then we scored. Then they scored. And then they scored again.

Pretty underwhelming effort from our best players.

Cowen was a standout tonight and played over 22 minutes. Some nice rushes and puck handling that shows a lot of promise for his offensive game in the future.

Karlsson made a mistake on the game winner, otherwise not much from him offensively. Not a bad game really just didn't make a difference offensively.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Crappy defence and mis pairings
****** ice
Stars are boring as hell
Only 1 powerplay
Cowen is a beast
Filatov showing more offense.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Pretty boring. Neither team could string more than a few passes together. Anderson was pretty good.
Spezza kept trying to do everything himself and failed. Filatov was good and had a few chances. Karlsson had a rough game. A few soft plays.
Cowen was really good and threw some monster hits. Rundblad was okay.

Overall not a good game. I can't imagine that Maclean is happy.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 11:35 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Pretty boring. Neither team could string more than a few passes together. Anderson was pretty good.
Spezza kept trying to do everything himself and failed. Filatov was good and had a few chances. Karlsson had a rough game. A few soft plays.
Cowen was really good and threw some monster hits. Rundblad was okay.

Overall not a good game. I can't imagine that Maclean is happy.
IMO Cowen will be the second Chara in Sens. Rundblad is very skill... great defensive pair.

Refs had holidays... you should play three PP not only one.