HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

YOUR limit with Lindy?

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Torts is a scary man. Effective though. He rewards trying hard with ice time, and he will tell you if you aren't doing what you are there to do. The only problem is Torts juggles lines, A LOT... Which, at this point, may not be the worst thing for the Sabres. Just usually these coaches are..scary.
To be fair, Lindy juggles lines a lot too. Often for no reason besides that...he can.

Quite frankly, this team NEEDS the fear of God put into it for 60 minutes(at least)per game, not 40 or 20 or however many minutes the Sabres like to play.

Old
01-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
To be fair, Lindy juggles lines a lot too. Often for no reason besides that...he can.

Quite frankly, this team NEEDS the fear of God put into it for 60 minutes(at least)per game, not 40 or 20 or however many minutes the Sabres like to play.
Point seen. Every Rangers game I've been to in the past 4 years (at least 15-20 per, until this year since I live in WNY now, happily.) The lines were mixed up, but, players who genuinely gave no effort were benched, not the hard working rookie aka Hagelin who tried generating speed and room, like Grigs has shown us for a combined 20 minutes or so in 4 games, that's what it feels like. Torts' training camp involves massive amounts of conditioning and endurance as well. Would be good for our guys.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:39 PM
5 Minute Major

You'd think we have Scotty Bowman coaching this team instead of Ruff with his tenure.

Oh wait, this team did fire Scotty Bowman once upon a time.

In all seriousness, I don't see Ruff ever leaving the Sabres organization. He will remain the coach until Pegula finally says enough is enough, which I don't see any time soon, and he will then create a cushy spot for Ruff in the organization.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Torts is a scary man. Effective though. He rewards trying hard with ice time, and he will tell you if you aren't doing what you are there to do. The only problem is Torts juggles lines, A LOT... Which, at this point, may not be the worst thing for the Sabres. Just usually these coaches are..scary.
Haha Mike Keenan is a free agent coach........ he also use to coach in the organization and also won a cup with Rochester (Like Torts).

I couldn't imagine Keenan and some of the soft players on our team.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:01 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
If they miss the playoffs this year he needs to go IMO....

Old
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
JPurp26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
If they miss the playoffs this year he needs to go IMO....
In all fairness, our roster is a 8-10 range roster. We are extremely young and coming in I didn't have to high of expectations. I think we missed out on Dineen. We should've put Ruff in the Front office and hired Dineen. He knew our players and he was great. Now, the only way I see Ruff going is promoting him into some VP or front office role and hopefully not hiring Rolston.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Ruff has had 15 years. plently long enough. he hasn't won **** and needs to go. Don't understand the love affair with this guy. I don't. Not to mention Pittsburgh makes it to CUP FINALS, next year after they struggle a bit, FIRE their coach AFTER MAKING THE CUP FINALS and then hire a new coach and win the cup. I hate this how we're so tied to Ruff. HE BLOWS.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:41 PM
Tank For Reinhart
HFBoards Sponsor

Reached my limit with him 2-3 years ago. The guy is just a bad coach.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
Reached my limit with him 2-3 years ago. The guy is just a bad coach.
I think Ruff is a good coach.

However, every coach eventually runs their course with a team. That time was a couple years ago with Lindy.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Endless Ike

I think Ruff is a very good coach, but I also think coaches have shelf lives. It's hard to imagine another scenario in any professional sport where a coach who has missed the playoffs as often as he has made them is given 15 years (absent perhaps stringing together a few championships to achieve a permanent place in the fans' pantheon).

No one will ever have as many wins as Lindy in franchise history, because no one will ever be given this long.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:53 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
I think Ruff is a good coach.

However, every coach eventually runs their course with a team. That time was a couple years ago with Lindy.
After 2007-2009, (2010 the players coached themselves.) he was done I thought.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:32 PM
CrankyJay

The Darcy extension should indicate where Ruff ain't going....

NOWHERE

Old
01-26-2013, 08:35 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
The Darcy extension should indicate where Ruff ain't going....

NOWHERE
Soooo ... If he ain't going nowhere.. He is going somewhere. Where?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Soooo ... If he ain't going nowhere.. He is going somewhere. Where?
Grammar win. Toronto likes to sign famed legends.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:44 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Facts are facts, Ruff doesn't get annual results like he should. He hits a couple of times due to goaltending(hasek) and rules change foresight by his gm(lockout).

Old
01-26-2013, 09:52 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

I'm not anti or pro Ruff. But those that want Ruff moved today ... Right now ... 4 games in ... What coach that doesn't have a job and is sitting at home would you replace Ruff with.

Answers like "duh, anyone". You obviously haven't thought it out and just love to complain and whine. Give solid, real, logical names. I would bet when it all boils down, as of today, right now, only one name, maybe two, is truly a real logical well thought out option.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:02 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
I'm not anti or pro Ruff. But those that want Ruff moved today ... Right now ... 4 games in ... What coach that doesn't have a job and is sitting at home would you replace Ruff with.

Answers like "duh, anyone". You obviously haven't thought it out and just love to complain and whine. Give solid, real, logical names. I would bet when it all boils down, as of today, right now, only one name, maybe two, is truly a real logical well thought out option.
Painfully right about the availability...

Old
01-27-2013, 07:37 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:

Addition by subtraction!

Old
01-27-2013, 09:51 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:

So breaking up with your terrible girlfriend is a bad idea because you don't have a rebound exactly lined up?

And, if nobody from Junior (Boughner, Roy, I'm forgetting somebody obvious and it's not Dale Hunter, etc) can get out of their contract mid-season, just make Patrick an interim for the rest of the season and go from there depending on how the team responds. Not exactly rocket surgery.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
So breaking up with your terrible girlfriend is a bad idea because you don't have a rebound exactly lined up?

And, if nobody from Junior (Boughner, Roy, I'm forgetting somebody obvious and it's not Dale Hunter, etc) can get out of their contract mid-season, just make Patrick an interim for the rest of the season and go from there depending on how the team responds. Not exactly rocket surgery.
Trade coaches

Old
01-27-2013, 10:11 AM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:

Well, we could have had Kevin Dineen most likely if this organization wasn't married with Ruff. That ship has sailed.

Clearly Ruff won't be fired during the season, they'd never let him go like that..but the question is, do they finally let him go when we inevitably miss the playoffs again this year?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:37 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

So if I understand this right, we have...

Coach "painfully right"
Coach "addition by subtraction"
Coach James Patrick

I'm sure the experience of those coaches will do so much better than Lindy. There can be solid reasons for departing with Lindy. I can clearly see both sides of the debate. But firing a coach without potentially throwing away the entire season just "to do it" at 4 games in is lunacy. I know, I know .... History 14 years

Nice

Keep making me laugh on this cold Sunday. Name a real, logical, better choice who is available today.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:48 AM
littletonhockeycoach

I burned a game......

I picked up Ruff's comments in this a.m.'s TBN on the web. He admitted that he blew Friday night's game with his poor coaching decisions.

Admits he mishandled Grigs putting him out on the 4th line. (Grigs was the guy left out of the mix.)

Wanted Hecht out vs Staal. I guess both of them given Jochen's ice time!

Said Grigs wouldn't have his legs in the 3rd after sitting so long on the bench. Un freakin believable.

Uh, who put Grigs in that situation? It only takes 2 quick shifts, 3 max to get the blood pumping again!

And the rest of the team had ZERO legs so anything Grigs contributed would have been an upgrade.

To dismiss all of this with a "Oh well I screwed up" sort of shrug off, really, really bothers me.

Lindy, there are only 48 games this season. You can't afford to burn a single one 'cause you're not getting this one back!!

Old
01-27-2013, 10:52 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
I picked up Ruff's comments in this a.m.'s TBN on the web. He admitted that he blew Friday night's game with his poor coaching decisions.

Admits he mishandled Grigs putting him out on the 4th line. (Grigs was the guy left out of the mix.)

Wanted Hecht out vs Staal. I guess both of them given Jochen's ice time!

Said Grigs wouldn't have his legs in the 3rd after sitting so long on the bench. Un freakin believable.

Uh, who put Grigs in that situation? It only takes 2 quick shifts, 3 max to get the blood pumping again!

And the rest of the team had ZERO legs so anything Grigs contributed would have been an upgrade.

To dismiss all of this with a "Oh well I screwed up" sort of shrug off, really, really bothers me.

Lindy, there are only 48 games this season. You can't afford to burn a single one 'cause you're not getting this one back!!
Oh I would like to hear that! Interesting. Post that link please.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:59 AM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Oh I would like to hear that! Interesting. Post that link please.
Lindy quotes in article by Harrington, etc.. Don't know how much of this might be TBN spin....

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs...130129298/1104

Closed Thread