HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

YOUR limit with Lindy?

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 11:13 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
I picked up Ruff's comments in this a.m.'s TBN on the web. He admitted that he blew Friday night's game with his poor coaching decisions.

Admits he mishandled Grigs putting him out on the 4th line. (Grigs was the guy left out of the mix.)

Wanted Hecht out vs Staal. I guess both of them given Jochen's ice time!

Said Grigs wouldn't have his legs in the 3rd after sitting so long on the bench. Un freakin believable.

Uh, who put Grigs in that situation? It only takes 2 quick shifts, 3 max to get the blood pumping again!

And the rest of the team had ZERO legs so anything Grigs contributed would have been an upgrade.

To dismiss all of this with a "Oh well I screwed up" sort of shrug off, really, really bothers me.

Lindy, there are only 48 games this season. You can't afford to burn a single one 'cause you're not getting this one back!!
So he admits he messed up and explains why and posters are mad he did that as well

Posters don't seem to realize that this is about him wanting to protect Grigs. He feels bad he put Grigs in that situation -vs- Canes. He wants to get him in the best situation possible to succeed. Ruff genuinely seems to like the kid, how his game is developing and his work ethic.

He's hardly the evil coach that hates Grigs, hates Russians or any of the other crap thats been spewed on this topic. Its certainly valid to get on Ruff if you disagree with how he's used Grigs but the nonsense being spewed about his feelings about Grigs, Russians etc has been asinine (not saying thats been you littleton).

Old
01-27-2013, 11:27 AM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
So he admits he messed up and explains why and posters are mad he did that as well

Posters don't seem to realize that this is about him wanting to protect Grigs. He feels bad he put Grigs in that situation -vs- Canes. He wants to get him in the best situation possible to succeed. Ruff genuinely seems to like the kid, how his game is developing and his work ethic.

He's hardly the evil coach that hates Grigs, hates Russians or any of the other crap thats been spewed on this topic. Its certainly valid to get on Ruff if you disagree with how he's used Grigs but the nonsense being spewed about his feelings about Grigs, Russians etc has been asinine (not saying thats been you littleton).
Yeah, I think he showed his support for Grigs by his comments in that same interview.

I wished he hadn't set him for so long on Fri. that he could justify why he couldn't use him later in the game. Weak.....

OK, he manned up and took the blame. I'll give him that. But he (or the article) conveys it poorly - like it's no big deal - I dunno, TBN bias?

Old
01-27-2013, 01:43 PM
Sabresfansince1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I've hardly seen anything but a few sarcastic comments about Grigs going back to Russia (that don't even make sense anyway). Nothing about Ruff hating Russians. If there have been, it's a minute % of the overall discussion that you are exaggerating.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:58 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Name a real, logical, better choice who is available today.
Patrick Roy

Old
01-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Zippster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni
Name a real, logical, better choice who is available today.
Same argument we have to listen too each season this team hits the crapper. New players, spend more money, but always looks the same. Common denominator? Coaching. I like Lindy, but its just not working here anymore.

Old
01-27-2013, 04:05 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Patrick Roy
bang

Old
01-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Any coach is better than Lindy Ruff plz God make this happen

Old
01-27-2013, 04:06 PM
Afino
The Juice

he said "available"

Old
01-27-2013, 04:32 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

I'm a better coach

Old
01-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Layne Staley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Same argument we have to listen too each season this team hits the crapper. New players, spend more money, but always looks the same. Common denominator? Coaching. I like Lindy, but its just not working here anymore.
I find it funny.The Ruff apologists one and only retort is saying

"yeah, well if you fire Ruff then WHO do you bring in to be coach,huh?"

Like it's so hard to bring in a coach to NOT win a playoff round in 6 years We can bring in probably 20 coaches (unemployed,AHL,CHL coaches) who would do a better job then Ruff.If you want to finish 7-10th in the conference and not win in the playoffs but atleast finish with a "respectable" record (aka not being bad enough to get a top draft pick but still garbage enough to miss the postseason ) then Lindy Ruff is your guy!

One of my favorite responses about firing Ruff is how soon he would get hired, in my mind that would be great, that would guarantee whatever new team Ruff would be coach of would then never win a cup

Old
01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Sabreality

screw Roy...gimme Dallas Eakins right now

Old
01-27-2013, 05:07 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Like it's so hard to bring in a coach to NOT win a playoff round in 6 years We can bring in probably 20 coaches (unemployed,AHL,CHL coaches) who would do a better job then Ruff.If you want to finish 7-10th in the conference and not win in the playoffs but atleast finish with a "respectable" record (aka not being bad enough to get a top draft pick but still garbage enough to miss the postseason ) then Lindy Ruff is your guy!

One of my favorite responses about firing Ruff is how soon he would get hired, in my mind that would be great, that would guarantee whatever new team Ruff would be coach of would then never win a cup
Truth, Dineen was just an AHL coach before taking over the Panthers and leading them to the top of the Southeast division with just an average roster. This isn't the NFL where all the top candidates are big named guys, there's plenty of people that could be brought in to be a fresh face.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:08 PM
sba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I'm a better coach
Where would you play Jochen Hecht?

Old
01-27-2013, 05:09 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

Quote:
Where would you play Jochen Hecht?
Europe

Old
01-27-2013, 05:10 PM
TheyAreGoodScaryGood

I'd take a look at the Toronto Marlies coach, have heard good things

Old
01-27-2013, 05:11 PM
sba

Quote:
Europe
Hired.

Old
01-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Eakins would be a great candidate and if Regier was smart and not married to Ruff he would and should be inquiring about him.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Daz28

Quote:

So true.

I wonder if the Chiefs are still kicking themselves for firing Romeo Crennel? That's about the NFL equivalent.

Teams in the NHL and NFL are not(well, all but the Buffalo Sabres)afraid to fire a coach, because they're afraid of who's available. Whoever thinks this needs a lobotomy.

Lindy Ruff will have no excuse to miss the playoffs this year. NUN.

Then next year, if we get the same result from the new coach, Darcy Regier will have no excuse why we're not winning. THIS is how the sports world operates when not in a vacuum.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:04 PM
hizzoner
HFBoards Sponsor

Lindy has had a great run here and bleeds Sabre blue and gold. But guess what-no professional coach ought to be in charge forever. Imlach, Bowman-great coaches-had to move along. Sometimes a change for the sake of change is needed to shake things up. We are a team without an identity--we are not the fastest, not the toughest, not the team other teams hate to play, not an offensive juggernaut----a coach who decides what identity we need to win with the players we have or can get might be a step forward.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:06 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Patrick Roy
So he's available right now? He's not coaching anywhere? He's not committed to another organization? He can step in today and be as more effective than Ruff? Hey, if the answers are a "positively yes"! Then sure lets fire Ruff today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Give me a coach that could take over today. All the "heard this for so long" garbage doesn't produce an NHL coach. I am all ears for a good replacement for Ruff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Any coach? Boy, you must only watch Sabres games when they lose, or other teams only when they win.
Quote:
I'm a better coach
A better Coach at what? Coaching NHL hockey? Maybe at NHL13 you are.

Quote:

Conveniently ignore my statement of not being anti or pro Ruff. And spin spin spin. Typical from you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
Quote:
I'd take a look at the Toronto Marlies coach, have heard good things

So he's available right now? He's not coaching anywhere? He's not committed to another organization? He can step in today and be as more effective than Ruff? Hey, if the answers are a "positively yes"! Then sure lets fire Ruff today.

Again, give me a real logical name that can be hired today so we can fire Ruff. Or is all this huff n puff really about who the Sabres can hire after this season? That would make more sense.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Why do they need to find someone to replace him today? If they really wanted to get rid of him immediately, fire him and give the rest of the season to Adams or Patrick. Find a replacement in the off-season.

That's not happening either way, so the whole thing is moot. If (and it's a massive if) they do decide to remove him, it'll be after the season.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Rick Bowness?

Old
01-27-2013, 06:56 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

I LOATHE anyone who makes excuses for Ruff. Dude is a washed up coach who's peak can only be labeled as "Almost there"

GET RID OF HIM

Old
01-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Fire everyone

Old
01-27-2013, 07:04 PM
Mikeyc1983

FTBS!!

Lindy isn't going to Win you a Cup Pegula! KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread