HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

YOUR limit with Lindy?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
  #426
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
“You want guys that are chomping at the bit. They’re excited to play, they’re going to be full of energy and we’ll tone them down from there.”

Butters was chomping at the bit the last five seconds of overtime.



SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:49 AM
  #427
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,533
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
You mean Quinn and Golisano weren't the only problems?

Rawwwwwr Hockey Heaven
Rawrrrrrr cup in 3 years

Raaaaaaaawwwwwr lindy aint goin NOWHERE.

Pegula is a fan boy. Grew up a fan of Lindy, the hard worker with no skill.

The greatest coach in ALL of sports.

He talked to people in the know around the league. Hed be dumb to dump Lindy. They compete wuth him, yet hold him in high regards.

Hes the greatest coach to ever live...



With nothing to show for it. Not even a team who can win a playoff series in 6 years


Lindy Ruff is the Joe Paterno of the NHL... overstayed his welcome by several years.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:59 AM
  #428
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
the Darcy isn't going to fire Lindy
I'm really starting to wonder about this.

Darcy has been thinking pretty outside the box the past few years...drafting Europeans, trading prospects...maybe it's not far fetched anymore

sba is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:41 AM
  #429
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I'm really starting to wonder about this.

Darcy has been thinking pretty outside the box the past few years...drafting Europeans, trading prospects...maybe it's not far fetched anymore
Id be absolutely floored if he fired him.

Do we even know what Lindys contract is like anymore?

Sorry i got it lost in the shuffle of useless extensions.

S319R11S16 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:50 AM
  #430
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
Id be absolutely floored if he fired him.

Do we even know what Lindys contract is like anymore?

Sorry i got it lost in the shuffle of useless extensions.
I don't think details were ever publicized, it was just deemed a "multi year extension" and it was after the 2010-2011 season.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:22 AM
  #431
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I don't think details were ever publicized, it was just deemed a "multi year extension" and it was after the 2010-2011 season.
Exactly lol.

Why is it such a secret?

S319R11S16 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 06:49 AM
  #432
RazielMoshman
Ever hopeful
 
RazielMoshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Kent, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 842
vCash: 500
While I think Lindy is technically a very good coach and we could do a lot worse his been the coach for a massive amount of time, I think it's time to take that risk and change it. Certainly if we're not getting rid of Regier.

The biggest question for me isn't when (end of season) it's who. I don't want a Mike Keenan, I'd like it to be someone with fire and passion, preferably promoted from lower league coaching job.

RazielMoshman is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:24 AM
  #433
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"
 
TakeThatTootoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
While I think Lindy is technically a very good coach and we could do a lot worse his been the coach for a massive amount of time, I think it's time to take that risk and change it. Certainly if we're not getting rid of Regier.

The biggest question for me isn't when (end of season) it's who. I don't want a Mike Keenan, I'd like it to be someone with fire and passion, preferably promoted from lower league coaching job.
Patrick Roy.

TakeThatTootoo is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:42 AM
  #434
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
Exactly lol.

Why is it such a secret?
I don't know, probably to deflect the attention that comes along with an expiring contract.
They're pretty secretive about everything, but it does seem like most coaches have published numbers attached to their contracts.
Unfortunately there aren't any "insiders" among the media that the organization trusts to report information they wouldn't normally publish themselves, which seems to be common in other cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazielMoshman View Post
While I think Lindy is technically a very good coach and we could do a lot worse his been the coach for a massive amount of time, I think it's time to take that risk and change it. Certainly if we're not getting rid of Regier.

The biggest question for me isn't when (end of season) it's who. I don't want a Mike Keenan, I'd like it to be someone with fire and passion, preferably promoted from lower league coaching job.
I don't know if Keenan ever gets another job in the league.
He's getting up there in age and hasn't had much success in his recent coaching stints.

I like the usual candidates: Dallas Eakins (Toronto Marlies, would be the coach of the Maple Leafs right now if Brian Burke didn't insist on constantly having "his guys"), Todd Nelson (Oklahoma City Barons, was a candidate for the Oilers head coaching position this summer), and the darkhorse, Jean-François Houle (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, this guy is great at getting the most from his teams but I don't know if it'd be a good idea to take a guy straight from junior hockey and expect him to succeed).
There's also Randy Cunneyworth, who somehow looks to be unemployed right now, but there are some who don't want more token former Sabres.

I'd probably be fine with just about anything besides a promotion for Ron Rolston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Patrick Roy.
Eh, I don't know how he'd fare in the NHL.
He's been fined like ten times in the past three or four seasons in the Q because of some of the comments he makes.
He'd probably make Tortorella's antics look mellow.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 07:45 AM
  #435
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

Eh, I don't know how he'd fare in the NHL.
He's been fined like ten times in the past three or four seasons in the Q because of some of the comments he makes.
He'd probably make Tortorella's antics look mellow.
After dealing with Mr. Ho-Hum for 15 years it might be nice to see.

S319R11S16 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
  #436
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,227
vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

I like the usual candidates: Dallas Eakins (Toronto Marlies, would be the coach of the Maple Leafs right now if Brian Burke didn't insist on constantly having "his guys"), Todd Nelson (Oklahoma City Barons, was a candidate for the Oilers head coaching position this summer), and the darkhorse, Jean-François Houle (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, this guy is great at getting the most from his teams but I don't know if it'd be a good idea to take a guy straight from junior hockey and expect him to succeed).
There's also Randy Cunneyworth, who somehow looks to be unemployed right now, but there are some who don't want more token former Sabres.
Would love Eakins. I get the sense, though, that everyone knows he's the coach in waiting for the Laffs, and they won't let him get away, especially to a rival like Buffalo. Even if that means firing Carlyle at season's end to pave the way for Eakins. (I think that writing was on the wall, anyways, when Burke got his walking papers.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Eh, I don't know how he'd fare in the NHL.
He's been fined like ten times in the past three or four seasons in the Q because of some of the comments he makes.
He'd probably make Tortorella's antics look mellow.
You probably just made every Sabres fan who already wanted or was intrigued by Roy, want him even more.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 10:59 AM
  #437
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 8,547
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Posted this in the Darcy thread by accident, but it belongs here.

I was walking the line with Lindy, but after seeing his comments defending Brown and throwing his injured player under the bus have sent me over the edge. It's unfathomable that he took Brown's side. Even if you believe that Brown was right, you have to have your injured players back. How can anyone possibly want to play for this guy?

stokes84 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
  #438
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Eh, I don't know how he'd fare in the NHL.
He's been fined like ten times in the past three or four seasons in the Q because of some of the comments he makes.
He'd probably make Tortorella's antics look mellow.
Where's the problem?

Myllz is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
  #439
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,894
vCash: 500
Awards:
With last night's presser, it seems he doesn't have his players' backs.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:28 AM
  #440
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Lindy's comments post game were disappointing. Not standing up for Kaleta definitely makes you wonder what's going on in his head.

RattleYourSabre is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
  #441
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
With last night's presser, it seems he doesn't have his players' backs.
is he trying to get fired?

Jame is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
  #442
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Lindy's comments post game were disappointing. Not standing up for Kaleta definitely makes you wonder what's going on in his head.
Pretty much. Just sad to see him go that route. If I'm a player in that room, the last thing I want to do is give this guy my all at this point.

CarlWinslow is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:49 AM
  #443
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
is he trying to get fired?
I think it's the opposite, I think he knows he won't ever GET fired so he can say whatever the hell he wants and do whatever the hell he wants because no one challenges it.

The cream puff media won't ever go after him.

sba is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
  #444
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 10,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
The cream puff media won't ever go after him.
I think every prominent poster here has, at one point or another, made a better case for firing Lindy than Gleason, Sullivan and the rest of the Buffalo media combined.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
  #445
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Florida
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 34,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I think it's the opposite, I think he knows he won't ever GET fired so he can say whatever the hell he wants and do whatever the hell he wants because no one challenges it.

The cream puff media won't ever go after him.
But that doesn't make any sense. Look, I believe Ruff is a BAD Hockey Coach... I think he's ALWAYS been bad.

But that doesn't mean I think he doesn't care... he has to be completely clueless about the impact of his own words (I'm saying he isn't)... or he's trying to get fired.

I can't accept that he's both aware of the impact of what he says AND doesn't care... that's just... unbearable to think about

Jame is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:59 AM
  #446
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
But that doesn't make any sense. Look, I believe Ruff is a BAD Hockey Coach... I think he's ALWAYS been bad.

But that doesn't mean I think he doesn't care... he has to be completely clueless about the impact of his own words (I'm saying he isn't)... or he's trying to get fired.

I can't accept that he's both aware of the impact of what he says AND doesn't care... that's just... unbearable to think about
I had the same job for 12 years, towards the end I said whatever I wanted, did whatever I wanted, came in late, left early, took a ******** of days off.

And my bosses LOVED me. And I got away with it.

sba is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:08 PM
  #447
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
I think it's the opposite, I think he knows he won't ever GET fired so he can say whatever the hell he wants and do whatever the hell he wants because no one challenges it.

The cream puff media won't ever go after him.
Doesn't matter if they do.

Harrington went after him last year it did nothing.

Why?

Because Lindy is a human being and he can't perform well at his job if he is getting called out by the fans and the media. The guy is a human being. He has a heart, he has feelings.

- Signed Terrence Pegula

S319R11S16 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
  #448
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
But that doesn't make any sense. Look, I believe Ruff is a BAD Hockey Coach... I think he's ALWAYS been bad.

But that doesn't mean I think he doesn't care... he has to be completely clueless about the impact of his own words (I'm saying he isn't)... or he's trying to get fired.

I can't accept that he's both aware of the impact of what he says AND doesn't care... that's just... unbearable to think about
He's a bad coach who rode the coat tails of Dominik Hasek, Briere, Drury, and Miller at times.

Other than that, he's had dick doo; so he's coached like dick doo.

S319R11S16 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
  #449
La Cosa Nostra
The Future
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,882
vCash: 500
Remember the old Lindy that nearly went into the Philly Crowd with a stick to bash some Philly ******** head in after we got eliminated from the 00 playoffs after he got hit with a beer cup? I don't remember that Lindy either. He needs to go, he never shows any emotion and is it a surprise? I mean the guys been here since 1997, provided average results and his job security is the strongest in the league, even more secure then Cup winning coaches. It's a joke and he just needs to go.

La Cosa Nostra is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:18 PM
  #450
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering
 
S319R11S16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,996
vCash: 500
C'mon guys 10 playoff series wins in 15 years.

You expect better?

S319R11S16 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.