HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 4-1, Emotional Reactionary Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2011, 09:06 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
WTF ? I will take my hockey as passionately as i damn please. I spend around 180 days over the year at the Arena. And the glass of water comparison is really stupid.
Because there is world hunger i should stop taking the sport i breathe for seriously ?
How about you, ship off to Africa and help all those thirsty people and we will stay here in cold Canada and cherish our hockey ?
Nice comment... if only thirsty people existed in Africa. I'm done with this topic, as I see it won't do any good.

Old
12-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr San Diego Hab View Post
I was at the game last night with seats on the glass right behind the Ducks goal for the 1st and 3rd periods.

This team is pathetic. After a solid start, once Cammy blew a chance for a 2-0 lead the team stunk. The PP is a friggen joke. Players just don’t seem to be working hard enough or heck…are good enough to compete night in and night out.

Montreal sucked the life out of the building with their play in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I have tickets again for the game in LA on Sat but no way this team wins playing the way they did last night…UGH

I'd go to that game vs Kings, Habs all time record out in LA 41 wins -19 loss

If you got San Jose tickets sell them ...haven't won there since 1999.

Smells like a 1-2 trip at best .

Old
12-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I'd go to that game vs Kings, Habs all time record out in LA 41 wins -19 loss

If you got San Jose tickets sell them ...haven't won there since 1999.

Smells like a 1-2 trip at best .
yup with that win coming in Anaheim, oh wait.......

Old
12-01-2011, 09:26 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
yup with that win coming in Anaheim, oh wait.......
i'm trying to be optimistic as i can ..lol

We actually had a winning record on the road vs ducks ...just didn't work out .

So i'm banking hard on the Kings as a win , i mean Habs are 41-19 Alltime in LA,that is Brodeur vs Montreal like!

We come back 0-3 ouch....Perry get's his azz fired again .

Last edited by Habaneros: 12-01-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old
12-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
How the hell does one team being down by only 1 goal going in the 3rd period manages to get only 3 shots, the first one coming with only 5 mins left in the game and was a fkn dump.

HOW?!?!

Old
12-01-2011, 09:48 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
How the hell does one team being down by only 1 goal going in the 3rd period manages to get only 3 shots, the first one coming with only 5 mins left in the game and was a fkn dump.

HOW?!?!
Playing with the lead? Dump and wait.
Trailing by two? Dump and wait.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
That doesn't mean it's right, right? I'm not going to go on a rant about global warming, oil addiction, and **** like that, because it's a hockey forum. But we better hope hockey and other sports are still being played in another 30-40 years.
I understand your point of view, but you will never win this fight on this forum. Guys over here are way too into the Habs to budge on that position.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post

HOW?!?!
Soft, soft, soft... I understand that Plek, Cammy, Gionta, Desharnais are smaller than 95% of the league, but I am sick and tired of seeing them put the brakes when going in the corner or along the board if a player from the other team is near. If you don't want to play NHL hockey, there's Europe waiting for you. You give you 20-30 pounds on the guy? Run him even harder, don't freaking let him get the puck and them give him a light shove in the back.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Protest the Hero

Thread title should be:

PGT: Habs lose 4-1, but we got the coach fired!

Old
12-01-2011, 10:09 AM
habsrule22

If habs lose their next 2 games, somebody better not be coming back to montreal, coachs, players, somebody.....

Old
12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
If habs lose their next 2 games, somebody better not be coming back to montreal, coachs, players, somebody.....
Pretty sure Leblanc will be heading back to Hamilton.

Old
12-01-2011, 10:47 AM
PKarey Plekoretty

Quote:
That doesn't mean it's right, right? I'm not going to go on a rant about global warming, oil addiction, and **** like that, because it's a hockey forum. But we better hope hockey and other sports are still being played in another 30-40 years.
30-40 years?? Yowzas, you really think it's that much of an issue?

Old
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Et le But

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...741/story.html

Saku I miss you

Old
12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
The fact that the world is screwed up doesn't make being passionate about hockey wrong. In fact, the ideas are hardly related. If they are, their interests and ends are hardly opposed to each other.

So, I'm sorry to say, but I don't think I'm alone here: but just wtf are you talking about, really?

Did someone get into the chomsky section of their local independently owned movie store? I think they did...

Old
12-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Man go to the unicef main board if you want to talk about charity causes and humanism. It's called hf board as for HOCKEY FANS Europe has their soccer team we have our hockey team. That doesn't mean we don't take anything else seriously but a man can do whatever he please in my book.

It's a passion as simple as that you can't explain it or try to mesure it.

Does the real madrid fans accept a ****** team? Does Barcelona Manchester United? Does the dallas Cowboys or the Packers accept a bad team no?

It's the same we are in the right of having a good team and being pissed off because we suck like hell right now. If Gomer Gionta Cammalleri are living in Mansions and have a bunch of cars it's because of us fans. So if we pay their god damn salary we should be able to have the right to talk.

I'm a passionate fan that will stay a habs fan forever but i have high expectations for the habs a club wich such glorious history. 18 years without a cup or a stanley cup final is pretty horrible. Habs fan deserves better than that they pay a ridiculous price to go see a miserable showing they have the right to be pissed off.

If you pay to go to the restaurant and have a bad service or bad food will you return? No people still goes to the habs even if they have been a mickey mouse team for 18 years now.

Old
12-01-2011, 12:48 PM
HCH

There is a mathematical reason why the Habs are actually better than they appear. There is also a mathematical reason why Gomez better than he appears. You just need to know how to interpret the statistics.

If we just weren't so darn unlucky we would be in first place

Old
12-01-2011, 02:19 PM
NamberSixthy8

Ok this is the problem with montreal and this is were it started.

1- Carboneau fired while Canadiens had a good winning streak going
2- Bob Gainey playing Georges Laraque on the first line with Kovalev against Bruins
3- Bob Gainey buying Camalleri / Gomez / Gionta
4- Bob Gainey getting rid of Jaroslav Halak, for once we had a goalthender making key saves on a constant basis were as Price still has a bad record when it comes to playoffs. You can compare in some way Price`s performance in playoffs with Luongo.

The only positive thing that happened in the last 3 years is hiring Cole.

Old
12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Lshap

It felt like we lost more than a game last night. It felt like we lost hope. That's why so many of us are jumping onto our individual lifeboats today. One person's lifeboat has a missile launcher aimed at Gauthier and Martin's heads; another person's lifeboat has a book on Zen philosophy, helping them attain greater perspective on life beyond this frustrating game we love. Both are valid ways to deal with disappointment. As they say, whatever floats your lifeboat.

I'm having trouble accepting that this team is playing so bar below where I firmly believe it should be. Bad bounces, bad calls, unlucky shots -- it's like these things are external forces getting in the way of the REAL team. But maybe this is the real team. One bounce short, one too many bad goals allowed, one too many blown chances, one more loss.

That said, it really is too early to throw in the towel. I still maintain that almost all our offensive problems - especially on the PP - are due to our kiddie-corps defense. We need solid, experienced defensemen to make it happen moving up the ice and directing the PP. That's coming, as our injured guys come back soon. But the rest of the problem is in the dressing room and between the ears. Are the players still onboard? Are they still a tight unit? Do they still trust JM? If so, this season will turn upwards. If not, with or without Markov, Spacek and Campoli, this season may already be done.

Old
12-01-2011, 03:04 PM
kovatroll*
David Clarkson ✘👎

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamberSixthy8 View Post
Ok this is the problem with montreal and this is were it started.

1- Carboneau fired while Canadiens had a good winning streak going
2- Bob Gainey playing Georges Laraque on the first line with Kovalev against Bruins
3- Bob Gainey buying Camalleri / Gomez / Gionta
4- Bob Gainey getting rid of Jaroslav Halak, for once we had a goalthender making key saves on a constant basis were as Price still has a bad record when it comes to playoffs. You can compare in some way Price`s performance in playoffs with Luongo.

The only positive thing that happened in the last 3 years is hiring Cole.
Meh Price >>>>>>>>>> Halak these days. Montreal probably would have been out in 4 last year with Halak.

Old
12-01-2011, 03:05 PM
kassian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Darche's stat line for the season:

GP: 25
G: 1
A: 0

Can someone explain to me why the **** he is still on the team and STILL getting PP time?
Do you really need an answer?

Old
12-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Playing with the lead? Dump and wait.
Trailing by two? Dump and wait.
Habs motto: "...and now we wait."

Old
12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
sawchuk1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
this....

Old
12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
sawchuk1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halakalakaboom View Post
Sick to my stomach too. Not only are we far far away from a cup, it's not ENTERTAINING to watch the Habs anymore. Hire some goons at least to send a message, hire some tough guys to start some drama for Christ sakes. If we're going to lose, make it ENTERTAINING.

I have some tickets vs NJ Devils on December 10th. Might as well go with a bag on my head. I'll bring it, if the Habs don't show up I'll be wearing it and my 5 buddies will do as well.
laraque?

Old
12-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamberSixthy8 View Post

Seriously?

Old
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post

Seriously?
Same exact reaction...

Closed Thread