Notices

Bruce Boudreau replaces Randy Carlyle as coach of the Ducks

Old
12-01-2011, 01:30 AM
NeilYoung

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Look at some of the player you are even mentioning? I guess Gordon and Jason Blake are tough as well
Erskine does not fight and name me one heavyweight BB has dressed regulary?
Who did I list that was incorrect? Go for it.

Erskine doesn't do stupid staged fights every night like most of the fighters in the Pacific, but he'll take on anyone and is a damn good fighter him and Hendricks were protection enough for the Capitals. He sticks up for his teammates all the time.

I don't know why your so touchy about Carlyle being gone hes a damn good coach no doubt. But it was very clear to everyone but you evidently that his message was being ignored. Your team won 3 out of 19 I believe. That says it all really.

Also Bruce has coached Parros before and it didn't look like he was at all hesitant to play him so simmer down

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:31 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Anyway... it was going to happen. It got to the point where, in my opinion, Murray's job was going to be on the line too. This was to save Murray's ass, in my opinion. Hopefully it wakes the team up too.

Too bad though. They looked pretty good tonight.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
They actually look related
Ha!

And another thing, Boudreau is a pain in the ass to type. Yeah, I went there.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bender66
Duck you

Meh. lateral move at best. Not a fan of haagen dazs.

Hopefully he can get this team to play better defense than the Caps did at the end of his time there. They turned the puck over just as much as the Ducks do right now in the d-zone.

Bender66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Anyway... it was going to happen. It got to the point where, in my opinion, Murray's job was going to be on the line too. This was to save Murray's ass, in my opinion. Hopefully it wakes the team up too.

Too bad though. They looked pretty good tonight.
Exactly, if it wasn't for a fire and a hire it would of been his ass out the door. It's a dog eat dog world especially in hockey. I disagree with this hire though, BB got fired for the samething RC did

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Exactly, if it wasn't for a fire and a hire it would of been his ass out the door. It's a dog eat dog world especially in hockey. I disagree with this hire though, BB got fired for the samething RC did
So the team will automatically tune out BB then? And whichever team hires RC will tune him out too?

Really? At least give it some time. This team needed a spark like this and a fresh system might do it. Certainly is better than trading away Ryan or doing nothing and watching the team fail.

12-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
A beast offensively in the Olympics? With what? His 0 points? Sbisa played a conservative game in the Olympics. He played the Swiss game.

And in the U20 tournament he played 3 games, and got injured. Again, 0 points. Where is the beastly offense you keep raving about? He showed decent offense in the WHL, and that was pretty much it. Face it, at the NHL level he hasn't shown the offense you're claiming he has.
Just wait until he is UNLEASHED.

Maybe he'll go buckwild and score 4 in the next 140 games, DOUBLING his career output. Then we'll know.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:37 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
BB lost the team just like RC lost the team, neither coach is bad at their job just their players stopped skating for them... it was obvious the team has tuned out RC, we will wait and see how the do in front of BB
That's not really fair. Your citing a reason that probably 75 percent of coaches are fired for

Old
12-01-2011, 01:38 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
Who did I list that was incorrect? Go for it.

Erskine doesn't do stupid staged fights every night like most of the fighters in the Pacific, but he'll take on anyone and is a damn good fighter him and Hendricks were protection enough for the Capitals. He sticks up for his teammates all the time.

I don't know why your so touchy about Carlyle being gone hes a damn good coach no doubt. But it was very clear to everyone but you evidently that his message was being ignored. Your team won 3 out of 19 I believe. That says it all really.

Also Bruce has coached Parros before and it didn't look like he was at all hesitant to play him so simmer down
Because every year we contended with Carlyle before that we had a joke lineup Burke and Carlyle cleaned things up and we played like the Bruins currently within 2 years for some unknown reason our clown gm came in and we play smurfs and midgets on our lower lines basically no hitting no fighting and instead of going back to our proven winning formula he fires the coach and will keep this joke lineup

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
The poster your quoting is 100 percent correct. You DO realize that BB was fired for the same thing RC was fired for right? You don't replace a problem with a problem.
So Carlyle should never get another head coaching job? Sound logic.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Oh my whatta.... I'm almost certain that every coach will get fired in some point of their careers and they can still be good coaches and get success with different team and players...no?
Reports saying BB was fired for the exact same thing as RC was. With horrible playoff success and players not responding to him HE is a problem. They don't fire a head coach with the best player in the world surrounded by stars for nothing.

Old
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
That's not really fair. Your citing a reason that probably 75 percent of coaches are fired for
And that's why these 2 coaches got fired... they are part of the 75%... Occupy NHL

It's not a knock on either coach... they're both really good which is why Boudreau didn't stay unemployed long and why Carlyle won't be either.

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:40 AM
Dirk316

Sbisa unleashed > prime Orr

Old
Fighter
Legend

I doubt BB will work here in Anaheim, I would have preferred to see Murray gone way before Carlyle.

IMO the team will remain pretty much the same and we will end up in the bottom 3, at this point better bottom 3 rather than endind out of the playoff with a 10# or 11# pick.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DarthYenik

I just did a google image search on Randy Carlyle. Half the pictures were Bruce Boudreau. Kind of creepy when you think about it.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
How many games did King play under fatboy? In fact has he ever dressed an enforcer? Nope
Donald Brashear says hi.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:45 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumperkisser View Post
commit more boneheaded turnovers that we've seen from him before?
Boudreau developed Alzner, Green, and Carlson in a short period of time, I am optimistic that he can develop Fowler and Sbisa

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:46 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
And that's why these 2 coaches got fired... they are part of the 75%... Occupy NHL

It's not a knock on either coach... they're both really good which is why Boudreau didn't stay unemployed long and why Carlyle won't be either.
Great post

Old
12-01-2011, 01:47 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Boudreau developed Alzner, Green, and Carlson in a short period of time, I am optimistic that he can develop Fowler and Sbisa
They seem to be developing fine.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:48 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Donald Brashear says hi.
Oh now you've done it......Brashear rant coming

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dirk316

I guess we can hope for an eventual Neids, Teemu and Marchant coaching staff

Old
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
So Carlyle should never get another head coaching job? Sound logic.
Every coach needs a fresh start, but to hire a coach that got fired for the same thing the previous coach did? Cmon now that doesn't make sense half this board sees this.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:49 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Hes great at that, a lot of Ducks fans are overlooking this.

I don't know if he's the guy that will bring a cup for the Ducks but I know he'll develop all your young talent better than anyone else. More than likely he could be a transition coach until that talent is established

Old
12-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

There's a major disconnect as to the shelf life of NHL coaches on this board. Especially abrasive old school coaches like Carlyle. Tortorella won in Tampa then got canned. Hitchcock has been fired something like 73 times in the last 5 years alone. Keenan. Then they get replaced by players coaches, who help for a while, then get taken advantage of. Then you get another old school coach. This is normal. And yes, Carlyle is a great coach. And Yes, he won a cup. And yes, he's won a grand total of 1 series since then. And yes, enough of the team was clearly tuning him out to start the season (again) that enough was enough.

The people saying Washington is too soft just sound like they never watch the Caps. They have plenty of grit.They had 45 fights last year. The Sharks had 48.Philly had 47. The Kings had 49. Are they soft too?

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Unholy

So you automatically assume BB loses control before they even have a practice? Teams usually respond nicely to a fresh system so I'm not sure why you think there's already a problem with BB and the players. Doesn't make sense considering nothing has happened yet.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote