HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

What is wrong with Brassard?

Old
12-03-2011, 01:21 PM
squarelaces

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
disagree strongly.

Jake is a *very* nice person, typical of most hockey players. he's always been accommodating and pleasant. Brass doesn't strike me as the same kind of guy, but I've had far less interactions with him over the years.
posts 96 & 97

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:03 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
I've met him, informally, a few times around the Arena District, and "primadonna" couldn't be farther from the truth.
Hell, one time he spent five or ten minutes watching me weld something because he thought it was cool, and even asked if he could give it a try!
Voracek's face and eyes always looked like he'd been looking at a welder for too long.

Back On Topic....

Brassard looked ineffectual last night.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
JrussJacket

Ive ran into brass on more then a couple of occasions down town. He is an Ashat. Getting hammered the night before games and trying to get a peice is all he is out to do. Last year i was at the cold war kids concert at the LC, Brass, Upshall and lepisto were all there. I was in line for some beers and Brass and crew cut in front of everyone (LOOOOOONG LINE), I *****ed at them, along with everyone else. but they were so messed up they didnt care...We played the wings the next day, and got our butts handed to us if I remember right. They were so drunk and obnoxious that night, I lost all respect for them. Acutally, I lost all respect for Brass another night but Im not gonna even get into that story.

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:22 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarelaces View Post
posts 96 & 97
post 92?

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:56 PM
tkeats

I didn't trust this guy at first but seems like he has gotten better, not including the Nabokov mishap that a lot of people fell into...

"The Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets have been in talks regarding F Derick Brassard. The Hurricanes would like to move a D."

https://****************************...63464737378305

Personally I hope Kaberle doesn't come up

tkeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post
I didn't trust this guy at first but seems like he has gotten better, not including the Nabokov mishap that a lot of people fell into...

"The Carolina Hurricanes and Columbus Blue Jackets have been in talks regarding F Derick Brassard. The Hurricanes would like to move a D."

Justin Faulk, remember that name.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 04:32 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tough Nuts View Post

Do not write the name because he will come here...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 04:33 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Justin Faulk, remember that name.
Dream with us... only our dream

Old
12-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Sounds like Voracek.
Where do you get that impression? It appears you have some sort of grudge against him. You clearly have not spent time with Jake. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Is it based on hearsay, or have you ever had ANY contact with Voracek? Those who have seem to have a very different perspective of his character than you do...

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 05:22 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Where do you get that impression? It appears you have some sort of grudge against him. You clearly have not spent time with Jake. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Is it based on hearsay, or have you ever had ANY contact with Voracek? Those who have seem to have a very different perspective of his character than you do...
TW look at Kubo:

(not seriously of course )

Old
12-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
Ive ran into brass on more then a couple of occasions down town. He is an Ashat. Getting hammered the night before games and trying to get a peice is all he is out to do. Last year i was at the cold war kids concert at the LC, Brass, Upshall and lepisto were all there. I was in line for some beers and Brass and crew cut in front of everyone (LOOOOOONG LINE), I *****ed at them, along with everyone else. but they were so messed up they didnt care...We played the wings the next day, and got our butts handed to us if I remember right. They were so drunk and obnoxious that night, I lost all respect for them. Acutally, I lost all respect for Brass another night but Im not gonna even get into that story.
redacted

Last edited by Hipster Letestu: 12-13-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 07:53 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

When I was coming back from Paris this summer (words I'd never thought I'd write!), I flew through New York. Jake and Brass sat in the row right behind me on the flight to Columbus. Jake was super nice. Brass interacted with Jake some, but kept to himself. So I can't say anything about him.

Anyway, to answer the question "What is wrong with Brassard?" He has "destination disease." He seems happy to be an NHL player when he could be a very good NHL player given his skill set. GMSH probably contributed to this with the premature big contract.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:37 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
I remember hearing about Brass at the Cold War Kids concert from more than one person, apparently he made quite an impression on some people that night. I have been to practices, and Brassard always looks like he's goofing off. I've been in the locker room, and I think it's easy to see which guys take things seriously and which ones don't. I would put Brass firmly in the latter category.
If this is true and not an isolated incident, then why is this POS still on our team? Hmmm Howson and Arniel?

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:25 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
If this is true and not an isolated incident, then why is this POS still on our team? Hmmm Howson and Arniel?
sorry... but what`s POS... I don`t understand this? Is it a word or the first qualifiers of words... ?

Old
12-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
sorry... but what`s POS... I don`t understand this? Is it a word or the first qualifiers of words... ?
It's an abbreviation for "piece of crap" (although the S stands for a synonym for crap that starts with an S)

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Renion

I'm positive Brass was focused, sober and friendly when he was at his best during the season the Jackets made the playoffs. Then he got not so focused, not so sober, and not so friendly. Then he got focused, sober and friendly again--briefly. Then not so focused, sober and friendly--again. Not sure where he's at right now. Possibly fairly focused, a smidgen sober, and not the friendliest of fellows. If he goes on a hot streak, you can rest assured he's fully focused, sober and friendly again.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:39 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I'm positive Brass was focused, sober and friendly when he was at his best during the season the Jackets made the playoffs. Then he got not so focused, not so sober, and not so friendly. Then he got focused, sober and friendly again--briefly. Then not so focused, sober and friendly--again. Not sure where he's at right now. Possibly fairly focused, a smidgen sober, and not the friendliest of fellows. If he goes on a hot streak, you can rest assured he's fully focused, sober and friendly again.
Intervention on A&E called.... They are working on getting Brass's family together....

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post

That answer is so obvious.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Bills09

Kaberle to CBJ for Brassard I could see.

Bills09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:51 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Kaberle? Where is my prayer beads...

Old
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
BluejacketNut

Getting Kaberle would be typical of Howson spending

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

When with Sens I prefer Brassard and draft pick/Ryan Russell for Nick Folingo and Bobby Butler. Foligno is great in the front of the net, he can play a center and a wing. He uses his high right and he is better Umberger IMO. Our lines would be more versatile with him. Butler is a shooter and get take a puck good. Than we could trade Umberger and something for a goalie.

Old
12-05-2011, 09:19 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
When with Sens I prefer Brassard and draft pick/Ryan Russell for Nick Folingo and Bobby Butler. Foligno is great in the front of the net, he can play a center and a wing. He uses his high right and he is better Umberger IMO. Our lines would be more versatile with him. Butler is a shooter and get take a puck good. Than we could trade Umberger and something for a goalie.
Since you volunteered, make it so!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Intervention on A&E called.... They are working on getting Brass's family together....
They have bigger fish to fry. I'd say any skilled player not in the top 30 in points clearly has issues with focus, sobriety and friendliness.

Jamie Benn better watch out. A new girlfriend, an ill-advised night on the town, or a cold dismissal of some fan, might give Erik Karlsson just enough room to crack the top 30. On the plus side, that'd also mean Karlsson had started being friendly, focused, and sober. It's a turbulent world we live in.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Do not want, and would not want.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote