HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FRUSTRATION - No Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-15-2012, 03:20 PM
  #1
bleedblackngold
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fairhaven, MA
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
FRUSTRATION - No Justice

how frustrated must you caps fans be with the fact that N. Backstrom (arguably your most solid player with Ovi struggling.) is stillll injured! I'm just a general Hockey fan, bruins in particular and get very angry thinking about how Bourque can blatently throw an elbow into Backstroms head and get 5 games while Backstrom is out for probably the year. WHERE'S THE JUSTICE?! As a biased bruins fan I think about Nathan Horton, injured in a game against Philly with a concussion.... not even a look from Shannahan, let alone a measly 5 game suspension like bouque got.

it's game day, bruins and habs and i hope mcquaid beats rene bouque to a bludgeoned pulp .... just for you guys. that's justice, and that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.

bleedblackngold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
  #2
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 50
Dude, no justice? What are you talking about? He had to beat the **** out of Matt Hendricks, and you're not calling that justice?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
  #3
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust
 
Raikkonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblackngold View Post
it's game day, bruins and habs and i hope mcquaid beats rene bouque to a bludgeoned pulp .... just for you guys. that's justice, and that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.
Just send us Rask if you really feel sorry.

PS: We are frustrated because of methods our team is built with.

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:32 PM
  #4
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 500
5 games was weak and inadequate. 3 games for Ovi for a hit that hurt no one was really what made the handling of Bourque's hit a disgrace.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:34 PM
  #5
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,454
vCash: 500
the bruins play pretty fast and loose with the contact rules and deal out their share of concussions and other injuries.

what is justice? when you succede in injuring another player for the long term or even the very long short term, its hard for the league to punish. beyond that and a good fight what is there? remember cooke getting destroyed by kane? that was for something kane did and not the reverse.

unless you are suggesting bertuzzi/moore mayhem

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM
  #6
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 50
Hold on, I really want this guy to explain how he justifies to himself the idea that having to kick Hendricks' ass wasn't justice. We're waiting dude.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:37 PM
  #7
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
5 games was weak and inadequate. 3 games for Ovi for a hit that hurt no one was really what made the handling of Bourque's hit a disgrace.
the capitals always seem to end up on the short end of these things with the league. the crosby lottery shenanigens screwed the caps. ov and green get hammered. koci crushed green right between the numbers and gets a walk. adams hits ov from behind and head first into the boards and gets a pass.

but whining about it is unproductive

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:37 PM
  #8
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,068
vCash: 500
This is the greatest thread ever.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:39 PM
  #9
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
This is the greatest thread ever.
you know its not. you havent even broken out mikey and the popcorn yet

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:42 PM
  #10
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 8,618
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Get Chara to hit Bourque into a pole at full speed like he did to Pacioretty and I'll feel better.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
  #11
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Get Chara to hit Bourque into a pole at full speed like he did to Pacioretty and I'll feel better.
/thread

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:44 PM
  #12
marcel snapshot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 986
vCash: 500
The no justice thing is pretty common. After ending Savard's career, all Cooke had to do was keep his visor on and turtle against Thornton. Brian Marchmend messed up a whole bunch of guys with his knee-on-knee specials and he never was held to account. Zednik was never the same after taking a vicious elbow to the head from the Bs Kyle McLaren -- nobody did nothin. And the Canucks guy that rung Horton up last year didn't face any music. That said, the Bs got their justice by beating the 'Nucks.

marcel snapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
  #13
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 500
I don't understand how that hit did so much damage to Backstrom. The intent was clearly nasty, but there didn't look like there was all that much contact. How did such a seemingly innocuous hit knock Backstrom out so long?

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #14
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust
 
Raikkonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I don't understand how that hit did so much damage to Backstrom. The intent was clearly nasty, but there didn't look like there was all that much contact. How did such a seemingly innocuous hit knock Backstrom out so long?
Maybe his migraine is caused by something in the brain? Or some youth trauma (like Crosby's concussion around 12 years of age)

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:38 PM
  #15
IafrateOvie34
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblackngold View Post
how frustrated must you caps fans be with the fact that N. Backstrom (arguably your most solid player with Ovi struggling.) is stillll injured! I'm just a general Hockey fan, bruins in particular and get very angry thinking about how Bourque can blatently throw an elbow into Backstroms head and get 5 games while Backstrom is out for probably the year. WHERE'S THE JUSTICE?! As a biased bruins fan I think about Nathan Horton, injured in a game against Philly with a concussion.... not even a look from Shannahan, let alone a measly 5 game suspension like bouque got.

it's game day, bruins and habs and i hope mcquaid beats rene bouque to a bludgeoned pulp .... just for you guys. that's justice, and that's my story and i'm stickin' to it.
I was hoping Tonya Harding's ex would go to the practice and pay Bourque a visit.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:42 PM
  #16
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,719
vCash: 500
You go...guy.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:43 PM
  #17
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Rally Balloon!!!!!1

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:47 PM
  #18
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
When I saw his username I thought I'd be reading about "now you know how it feels when your star player is injured by a blatant head shot" re crosby/steckel

On topic... guys, its not just the beat down he had to give Hendicks, its the verbal onslaught given by Alzner. And I bet Sarge texted Bourque a frowny face from the press box.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:50 PM
  #19
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
When I saw his username I thought I'd be reading about "now you know how it feels when your star player is injured by a blatant head shot" re crosby/steckel

On topic... guys, its not just the beat down he had to give Hendicks, its the verbal onslaught given by Alzner. And I bet Sarge texted Bourque a frowny face from the press box.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:53 PM
  #20
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 50
at the Sarge thing.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 04:55 PM
  #21
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 50
Being serious for a second though, do you think Schultz should be suspended for that kind of severe retaliation?

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:02 PM
  #22
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 50
"What is justice Socrates?"

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:02 PM
  #23
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
I think the discipline was getting traded to the Canadiens.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 05:52 PM
  #24
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Being serious for a second though, do you think Schultz should be suspended for that kind of severe retaliation?
It was a silent suspension. You don't think that Hunts would bench someone of his extreme talents without the league's involvement!?

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
  #25
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Suffocation- No Breathing

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.