HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Regular Season Non-Caps Thread (II)

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
Media circus created itself. Not his fault at all, and also totally irrelevant anyway.
Yeah, no way he could have seen that coming.

At least now everyone in the world can sleep tight knowing Tim ****ing Thomas doesn't care for the big bad president. It was pathetic when people were doing it with Bush and its pathetic now. I wish we got a real dictator at some point like we have back in Belarus just so people could wake up and smell their ****

Old
01-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Yeah, no way he could have seen that coming.

At least now everyone in the world can sleep tight knowing Tim ****ing Thomas doesn't care for the big bad president. It was pathetic when people were doing it with Bush and its pathetic now. I wish we got a real dictator at some point like we have back in Belarus just so people could wake up and smell their ****
You obviously didn't read his statement. Anyway, yes, he could have seen it coming. That has nothing to do with whether it's his fault.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:33 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

It just seems a bit childish to boycott a team trip based on presumed political views. What's not to like, cut taxes twice, borrowed to stimulate the economy, our guns are safe. Seems like a good republican to me

I long ago realized both sides are corrupt.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Again, people should read his statement instead of making assumptions about his reasoning. All those dashtary nouns (capitalized but shouldn't be ) really irk me, but I still approve of his attempt to stand on principle.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:42 PM
LetsGoBears

I don't care how he tries to spin it; he did it for political purposes. A party doesn't need to be involved for it to be political.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
You obviously didn't read his statement. Anyway, yes, he could have seen it coming. That has nothing to do with whether it's his fault.
What statement? The one where he plays the "its not about politics the whole government is evil" card when he's very obviously for one side but too afraid to admit it? What of it. Not one tiniest thing in the political landscape will change as a result of his expression of his beliefs. Which he has a right to. But he did send a big **** you to his employers, who picked him out of the middle of nowhere in Europe when he was on the wrong side of 30 and gave him a chance, as NHL players are required to appear for team events (not that Boston would ever call him on it). And, obviously, his teammates, not just on a circus level but on the whole being there reveling in your accomplishments as a team level. But at least he exercised his freedoms in the last country in the world where such a political statement would matter.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:45 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Take it to the politics forum.

Old
01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
LetsGoBears

I'm starting to change my stance slightly on goalies being free game. It seems like a lot more goalie are taking shots at people and skating away. At this point I couldn't image what would happen to a player that went after a goalie that was taking swings. The league and the goalie's team would have a field day.

Old
01-24-2012, 03:30 AM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I'm starting to change my stance slightly on goalies being free game. It seems like a lot more goalie are taking shots at people and skating away. At this point I couldn't image what would happen to a player that went after a goalie that was taking swings. The league and the goalie's team would have a field day.
I dont think it would be as much of a problem as you think. Maybe at first but it would get policed and eventually it would be the same as it is now with your superstar players. You dont mess with them because you know that the hammer is going to fall on you from whoever is on that teams bench. Or in the caps case you get to beat up Hendricks and Alzner tells you how dissapointed in you he is.

Old
01-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Koized

Asham got a concussion? Nice to see if true!

Old
01-24-2012, 07:55 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
Asham got a concussion? Nice to see if true!
Disagree, don't like to see any player get injured, especially a concussion. Wouldn't mind seeing the Caps pick him up in the off season. He'd be a nice addition to the 4th line.

Old
01-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Koized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Disagree, don't like to see any player get injured, especially a concussion. Wouldn't mind seeing the Caps pick him up in the off season. He'd be a nice addition to the 4th line.
A player who mocked another player who was injured deserves what he got. Karma.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:32 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Cooke just with a boarding hit on Jackman in the Pens/Blues game. Looks to me like it will warrant a meeting with Shanahan.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:34 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
A player who mocked another player who was injured deserves what he got. Karma.
That was a low life move by Asham. However, he admitted his wrong in post game interviews and I have to give him some credit for that.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:51 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Cooke just with a boarding hit on Jackman in the Pens/Blues game. Looks to me like it will warrant a meeting with Shanahan.
Anything less then 5 games and Shanahan has reached Campbell level.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:54 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Players get lost in their emotions. Asham was playing it up to the fans. Home fans. He wasn't taunting on the road. Cue airborne beer attack. Hockey is entertainment. If you liked it or hated it, it didn't hurt Beagle anymore than his fist did. If it got a rise out of you, hey, thats normal in old NHL hockey! He apologized. It was good enough for me. He seems like a good enough guy, and still wish we had him instead of Beagle.

I remember when Tie Domi got heckled about doing the WWF belt thing after beating Probert or some punk in a much anticipated tilt. It was laughable he had to answer to that. O Canada media. Still thought it was great when he dragged that flyer fan into the penalty box. Classic.

Lets go to the tube

Shanahan would have been beside himself making a video of that one

Last edited by RandyHolt: 01-24-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old
01-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Nothing but respect for Asham. I too would have liked the Capitals to sign him.

Old
01-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Capitlols

Old
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
Anything less then 5 games and Shanahan has reached Campbell level.
NHL Network (TSN?) announcers in studio immediately said, "oh, it's just a penalty...Cooke actually tries to help him".

Where is the flow chart that shows if you are a Penguin and you ride an opponents head in the boards, its just a flesh wound, and nothing to see here?

Old
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Cooke better be suspended, people say its Jackmans fault, but Jackman was facing his side to the boards and Cooke used a push, not a shoulder hit where you can give him excuses.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:06 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
NHL Network (TSN?) announcers in studio immediately said, "oh, it's just a penalty...Cooke actually tries to help him".

Where is the flow chart that shows if you are a Penguin and you ride an opponents head in the boards, its just a flesh wound, and nothing to see here?
Brian Mitchell nailed it. Canadian media/press sees it differently depending upon the nationality of the player involved.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:09 PM
LetsGoBears

Yeah, Cooke "corkscrews" Jackman a bit with his stick right before the hit and also extends his arms away from his body while making the hit. Sorry, but if 4 games from two years ago earns you games, 20+ from a year ago should be a layup.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:14 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

Speaking of Tie Domi... jeez how did NHL players not get concussed en masse taking on guys of this era. Probert and Kocur types.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:24 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Speaking of Tie Domi... jeez how did NHL players not get concussed en masse taking on guys of this era. Probert and Kocur types.
Probert did. Remember his brain was donated for science and Boston U. found fairly clear evidence of chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

Old
01-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Stewie G

Quote:
Probert did. Remember his brain was donated for science and Boston U. found fairly clear evidence of chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
I have a feeling that Probert will be the first of many.

Closed Thread