Notices

Games Lost to Injury

Old
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

vCash: 50
Games Lost to Injury

Does anyone have stats on how many man games the Jets have lost to injury so far this season?

Also wondering how our situation compares to the rest of the NHL. I've got to believe we are near the top in terms of games lost.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:08 PM
jetsairforce

vCash: 500
I heard a report today that the Jets have dressed 28 different players this year which is the most in the league.

jetsairforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 04:01 PM
epo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsairforce View Post
I heard a report today that the Jets have dressed 28 different players this year which is the most in the league.
28 is the amount of different skaters who have played for the Jets, and the Jets still have their rights.

epo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:05 PM
auberginedreams

I believe on the TSN Jets pregame show last night it said the Jets have lost 118 man games to injury (before last night's game, so probably ~125 now).

I also saw on another message board a few days ago that the Jets were third in man games lost so far this year (after Montreal and Columbus). However, there was no legit source for this so I can't be sure if it's true.

auberginedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:11 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Just be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsairforce View Post
Actually 33 guys have played one or more games for the Jets so far this year (30 skaters, 3 goaltenders).

I've been keeping a spreadsheet of game-by-game line up stats. Based on my analysis, where's the number of games each player has missed due to injury:

Fehr - 20 games
Hainsey - 20 games
Meech - 16 games?
Enstrom - 14 games
Jones - 13 games?
Antropov - 3 games
Slater - 2 games
Stuart - 2 games
Maxwell - 4 games?

Total = 94 games

Like every other team in the league, the Jets don't exactly reveal everything about their injuries publicly. Sometimes it's hard to tell if a guy is not playing because he may be injured or that he's just a healthy scratch. For instance it's hard to really gauge how many of the 18 games that Randy Jones hasn't played in this year were due to injury or being sat out. Same goes with Meech and Maxwell when he was here.

With the hiding of injury information these days, we'll really never know the real answer to this question.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote