Section 205!!!

I will be adding my voice to the Go Jets Go! chants

Old
12-01-2011, 03:36 PM
ATLbound

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Not a lot of class on display in the Phoenix GDT... here's hoping ours stays classy.
Agreed. I just find it funny how they are making fun that the Peg got the much worse team yet we thought they where a "better" team. Really I think we will see who is laughing in 3 years time when we are much much better
Wherever they are in 3 years anyways.

Thats all I will say.

We need to stay OUT OF THE BOX! Going to have to work hard for these 2 points. If we play like we did the past 5-6 games not counting last game we should win, regardless of what the yotes fans think

4-2 Jets

Little, Kane, Ladd, KLINGBERG

Old
12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
If anything I feel this Jets team should have a fire lit under their ass to go out and play a solid 60 minute hockey game at both ends of the ice. The last game vs. the Sens some could say we deserved the 2 points. In the end, we did do things to not deserve the 2 points, but overall, we played fairly well and I felt at a few points during the game we were surely to win the game. We just gotta learn not to try and run and gun for a full 60 minutes. By doing so, you can play a great 50-55 minutes of a hockey game but that 5-10 minutes where you are over doing it can easily be enough to bite you.

Come on Jets, show me 2 big points tonight!

12-01-2011, 03:41 PM
BrianSTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLbound View Post
Agreed. I just find it funny how they are making fun that the Peg got the much worse team yet we thought they where a "better" team. Really I think we will see who is laughing in 3 years time when we are much much better
Wherever they are in 3 years anyways.
The ONLY thing I hate about getting the Thrashers is the history Winnipeg Jets version 1.0 is stuck in Phoenix

But I think Jets 2.0 has an awesome future!

Old
12-01-2011, 03:41 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
I've got an idea for a sign if anyone wants to steal it.

Doan come back no more!

Old
12-01-2011, 03:45 PM
ATLbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I've got an idea for a sign if anyone wants to steal it.

Doan come back no more!

Old
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Jets win 6-2. At least I hope. We must blow this team out.

Old
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Mossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunhil View Post

LOL!!! That's a pretty damn good photo shop, just wish you didn't steal my avatar to make it!

In all seriousness, good luck tonight. I hope it's a good game this time around. Last game it seemed like you're team was trying and squeezing those sticks a little hard.

Old
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
I have a request for the out of town boys (Jets fans preferred) who will be watching the Phoenix TV feed

As some of you might know Matt McConnell is the new TV play by play man for the Yotes and Matt is the former play by play man of the Thrashers and I heard him in a good interview on XM NHL network this September. During his interview McConnell commented on the Zacky Goj situation and Mitch was very grounded and balanced in his assessment. He mentioned that Zack is really young and will have played for three different coach's by the time this season starts and he wasn't even on speaking terms with one of his coach's last year. He went on to say that 21 is really young and the circumstances (injuries etc) have not played in Zackís favor to date. Then Matt said something that made me pumped to have Bogo on our team before I had even seen Bogo play when Matt said "no matter what with Zack you know he's going to be all in"!! I became an instant "root for the underdog" guy after the interview and also after reading Guerzy's breakdown's of Zackís junior career on this board. As Holden can tell you I have even been delusional enough to think our boy Goj is catching up to drew Doughty (homer alert!!) in the defensive end of the rink (watching allot of Drew lately and my homer googles are still telling me lies HC)

I would really like to hear Mitch's take on some of the boys he covered in Atlanta tonight! specifically if he talks about Zack's progress! I would also like to hear his take on Bumri, Kane etc

I will be at the game and am PVR'ing it but I can't get the Yotes TV feed on my centre ice package and I assume itís because I have Jets TV and they don't broadcast both??
hope the boys don't mind if I bump this request over to page 2 so it doesn't get buried

As I said earlier I hate this match up and I only see three ways we win. #1 Phoenix lays an egg and I give that about 5% chance. #2 We come out with immense team energy like we did against Tampa and we play in an overwhelming fashion keeping Phoenix on their heels which covers up for the few inevitable gaff's. #3 Pav (or Mason) has his best game of the year especially on 2 on 1's and Break away's

I actually have butterflies for the first time this year which is weird

Old
12-01-2011, 04:09 PM
bluefan

vCash: 159
I'll be at the game tonight and hope the crowd isn't too hard on Doan. Come on people, he's only one of the trio left still playing and him leaving for Phoenix and not wanting to move back is completely warranted. Family trumps all.

GO JETS GO!

Old
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Do I have permission to make a Gov. Jan Brewer joke?

Old
12-01-2011, 04:10 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
hope the boys don't mind if I bump this request over to page 2 so it doesn't get buried

As I said earlier I hate this match up and I only see three ways we win. #1 Phoenix lays an egg and I give that about 5% chance. #2 We come out with immense team energy like we did against Tampa and we play in an overwhelming fashion keeping Phoenix on their heels which covers up for the few inevitable gaff's. #3 Pav (or Mason) has his best game of the year especially on 2 on 1's and Break away's

I actually have butterflies for the first time this year which is weird
So far this year, McConnell has been pretty mum about his time in Atlanta, but I'll let you know if he says anything.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:13 PM
C Plus

vCash: 505
The Yotes pre-game meal:

Old
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
I'll be at the game tonight and hope the crowd isn't too hard on Doan. Come on people, he's only one of the trio left still playing and him leaving for Phoenix and not wanting to move back is completely warranted. Family trumps all.

GO JETS GO!
Oh, I'm sure Shane is a nice guy, and a great family man. And I'm sure 99.9% of us having nothing personal against the guy, but he's gonna GET IT tonight. It's just like chanting the goalies name, we're gonna latch on to the smallest excuse to lay into the guy. It's all part of the fun.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist18 View Post
Do I have permission to make a Gov. Jan Brewer joke?
Always

Old
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM
pegcity

And let the winner of this epic battle inherit Shane Doan.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcity View Post
And let the winner of this epic battle inherit Shane Doan.
No thanks. I don't want the entire city smelling like horse ****.

Besides, I hear Shane has a lot of horses.

12-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663

We don't like no people across no border.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:40 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

interesting stats guys

on the WTF side of things our top + - player is Blake Wheeler at a + 5 I have never been a Blake hater and always thought our expectations for him based on his historical stats were way out to lunch, but, that being said this stat is a bit of a head scratcher for me?

in the no surprise category our worst + - player is Buff at a -10 and the next worst Defender on the team is a -3 and its Stuart who was probably plus until he was united with Buff. I am sure that stat doesn't catch anyone by surprise but its causing this team problems

Old
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I don't know why you guys hate Shane Doan so much. As far as I know, all he said was that he wanted to stay in Phoenix, he never said anything bad about Winnipeg. Maybe you are confusing him with Eric Belanger who actually did say some ****. (Which is funny, because he plays in Edmonton now haha)

Anyways, just wanted to put that out there, I'm not trying to cause a fight or anything. Good luck tonight, I hope it's a great game.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:46 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
So far this year, McConnell has been pretty mum about his time in Atlanta, but I'll let you know if he says anything.
funny avatar

Matt is a pro and I am sure he knows where his bread is buttered but he might reference some former Thrasher players based on his history with them

We will let you know how Turris looks live....wonder if he ever thought of hiring Tkachuk as his advisor for his hold out

Old
12-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist18 View Post

We don't like no people across no border.

Hate to say it but I think we lose this one. We match up pretty bad versus the Coyotes. Try and prove me wrong Jets.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:50 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I don't know why you guys hate Shane Doan so much. As far as I know, all he said was that he wanted to stay in Phoenix, he never said anything bad about Winnipeg. Maybe you are confusing him with Eric Belanger who actually did say some ****. (Which is funny, because he plays in Edmonton now haha)

Anyways, just wanted to put that out there, I'm not trying to cause a fight or anything. Good luck tonight, I hope it's a great game.
I don't know why, despite most of us repeatedly stating the opposite, everyone thinks we hate Doan at all. Sure, some people do, some people hate everyone, but it looks to me like the majority of us are going to be booing Doan because it'll be fun and we do this to someone every game.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I'm going to ask for a little help from his holiness.

Sorry. Just any reason to post that video.

Old
12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post

I don't think any of us said we hate Doan, but we're going to give it to him anyway just like any other team that comes to town. Nobody blames him for wanting to stay where his family has lived for 15 years.

And Belanger will get a full force of boo birds when Edmonton is here in February.