HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fedotenko = unsung hero of our success so far?

Old
12-01-2011, 03:49 PM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Eh, Avery and Christensen will be gone, and Prust and Mitchell headed to UFA as well. We're going to need some veteran presence on those bottom lines. If Feds takes a slight pay cut he's a perfect fit.
there is no way the team brings back feds and lets prust walk.

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Feds is good. He plays well. He deserves as much credit not named Callahan, Stepan, Anisimov, Gaborik, Richards, Hank, Girardi, McD....

ok. Maybe he's not the driving force. But he's producing, and we need that.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
pld459666

Fedotenko is a brick kind of player.

Can he be replaced by another brick, yes, but for what is asked and required of him he does his job and as one poster mentioned above, when the PO's roll around, you tend to see his name on the score sheet more often as he excel's in tighter games.

Unsung hero? Not sure, but the move to Richards line and the promotion of both Hagelin and Mitchell has infused talent onto the roster and allowed the team to ice 4 solid lines.

We would not have been able to do that with Devereau, EC and Wolski dressing nightly.

I agree that it will not last, but until things get stale, I'd leave this alone for as long as possible.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
If Feds costs $1.4M, what would Brodziak or Moss cost? Feds is a known commodity that the coach and his teammates love, and will be cheaper.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chip chipperson View Post
there is no way the team brings back feds and lets prust walk.
I didn't mean to imply that they would. I'm sure we'll do everything we can to keep Prust. You never know if someone comes along to make a crazy offer though, and that's my point--lots still up in the air in terms of the bottom six for next season. Feds should absolutely still be an option.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
If Feds costs $1.4M, what would Brodziak or Moss cost? Feds is a known commodity that the coach and his teammates love, and will be cheaper.
Brodziak and Moss WILL be more expensive than $1.4m, which is why I don't want to bring Feds back despite Avery and Christensen leaving. They'll be more expensive because they provide more to the team and I'm saying we need more skill in our bottom-6. Unless they find a 3rd/2nd line tweener player in a trade, always possible... especially at the deadline...

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

My least favorite player.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
overrated. Has a spot because of his history with Torts. He's serviceable. I didn't want him resigned in the off season. He's standing in the way of a young guy with little or no benefit to the team IMHO.
Agreed, he's had a good couple of games but soon he'll become unnoticeable in a line with Boyle and Prust.

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
How many points does he have. There is your answer.

Everyone with more points has been more of a hero. Everyone with less bows down to Feds.
Ohh, like Gaborik? The guy with the most on the team?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

This thread is grasping at straws trying to portray Fedotenko as any sort of difference maker.

Hes adequate - does a good job, but hes kinda just "there" in my opinion.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This thread is grasping at straws trying to portray Fedotenko as any sort of difference maker.

Hes adequate - does a good job, but hes kinda just "there" in my opinion.
Agreed. And the thing is - that's fine. He's no more and no less than you would want to have as a veteran jack-of-all-trades forward. On the current roster, you slot him where you need him. As the kids come up - potentially as soon as next year - he's the 13th forward (if he signs for little enough) or he moves on to his next journeyman gig.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:14 PM
OverTheCap

I like Feds a lot, but I do think he's a little more up and down this season than he was a year ago. He's losing more board battles than he was before.

I think he's a fine fit for this year's team, but it may be a bit premature to pencil him in for next season's lineup.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:19 PM
ThisYearsModel

Hard to quantify. As the forward talent gets deeper, a guy like Feds should be on the 3rd line. However....he is a good soldier and a decent value at his salary.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:24 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
I didn't mean to imply that they would. I'm sure we'll do everything we can to keep Prust. You never know if someone comes along to make a crazy offer though, and that's my point--lots still up in the air in terms of the bottom six for next season. Feds should absolutely still be an option.
i would rather over pay prust (not richards money so that we are clear), than sign a cheap feds.

Old
12-01-2011, 05:25 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Definitely not among the "heroes" at this point in the season but it's unfair to see how little love he gets in this thread. It was said above - he brings all of the qualities to the table that are needed in an upper echelon team. You can put him on any forward line, as any of LW-C-RW, in any situation (even, 4-4, PK, PP) and he's going to do the role he's given.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Definitely not among the "heroes" at this point in the season but it's unfair to see how little love he gets in this thread. It was said above - he brings all of the qualities to the table that are needed in an upper echelon team. You can put him on any forward line, as any of LW-C-RW, in any situation (even, 4-4, PK, PP) and he's going to do the role he's given.
its not that he isn't getting appreciated, its that we shouldn't act like he is so under rated that we therefore over rate what he has done this year.

Old
12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Feds has been better than everyone else in our bottom 6 except Prust, and now Hagelin.

Very happy to have him here. Hopefully though we can put him back in the bottom 6. I hope when Rupp comes back, we don't sit Fedo.

Really though, it's such a shame Dubi is sucking hard, because Feds gives us that much of a better bottom 6.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:08 PM
LyNX27

The amount of crap that Fedetenko is catching for playing a steady game is ridiculous. People need to SERIOUSLY get over pedigree on these forums and start actually saying... Hmmmmm, this player works well on the cycle, OR, that player plays pretty mistake free hockey, OR EVEN, keeps the play simple and makes space for others.

Feds has the talent to be a decent player on ANY of our lines, and the higher up he plays, the more depth that gives us. The fact that he found Chemistry with Richards and Callahan and people are still saying he's useless is pretty ridiculous.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

^Overreact much? No one has said he's useless. The worst things that have been said about him are that he's "serviceable", and "replaceable", has "stone hands" and "I don't really want him back next year"

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:25 PM
LyNX27

^ Over react much more? Of course, cause this is the only thread where people have expressed their feelings for Fedetenko.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2011, 06:52 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

He's here because of Tortorella.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
^Overreact much? No one has said he's useless. The worst things that have been said about him are that he's "serviceable", and "replaceable", has "stone hands" and "I don't really want him back next year"
someone also said "least favorite ranger on the team."

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
The amount of crap that Fedetenko is catching for playing a steady game is ridiculous. People need to SERIOUSLY get over pedigree on these forums and start actually saying... Hmmmmm, this player works well on the cycle, OR, that player plays pretty mistake free hockey, OR EVEN, keeps the play simple and makes space for others.

Feds has the talent to be a decent player on ANY of our lines, and the higher up he plays, the more depth that gives us. The fact that he found Chemistry with Richards and Callahan and people are still saying he's useless is pretty ridiculous.
i agree with all of this. he's a horse with the puck along the boards, only to be outshined by callahan in that department. this is the kind of stuff this team needs and he brings it at a good price. i don't think (esp considering what we're paying) that he's as dismissable as many are claiming. i think he's helped this team to win and creates tons of space for the other guys on his line. no matter what his skill, he is tough to defend against.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:37 AM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

Richards excels with two guys who are strong on the boards. I don't think its a coincidence he's been scoring with Feds on the wing. Plus they know each other from Tampa. It's a good fit.

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:53 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Last season, the best all-around player on the Fedotenko-Boyle-Prust line was Fedotenko. Prust is a very nice 4th line sparkplug/fighter, probably one of the best in the league, and a solid penalty killer. But aside from fighting, Fedotenko can do everything that Prust does, and a bunch more.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote