HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #26 Colorado vs St. Louis|7:00 PM MTN|We be ALLLL up in Stewbear's Grill Tonight

Old
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
foppagirl21

vCash: 500
Dater biotching about how both EJ and Mueller pulled their groins in that skate.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:43 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
The only bright side of Johnson's injury is at least we know they do bag skates.
But at the same time...what does that say about the conditioning of some of these players? It's been pointed out by several posters who saw the bag skate, as it was posted on youtube I believe, and they believed that it didn't look incredibly grueling.

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:45 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
Dater biotching about how both EJ and Mueller pulled their groins in that skate.
You know deep down inside Dater wishes McClement had a groin pull as well.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
But at the same time...what does that say about the conditioning of some of these players? It's been pointed out by several posters who saw the bag skate, as it was posted on youtube I believe, and they believed that it didn't look incredibly grueling.
Posters on a forum are saying it doesn't look "incredibly grueling"?

Dater wrote a big article about how EJ was in the best shape of his life and he has been playing 23 mins/game against the other team's best players. I don't know how anyone can question his conditioning.

Also, him or Mueller could have just turned or stopped the wrong way and tweaked their groin. Doesn't mean they were poorly conditioned.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:03 PM
AvsFan7*

Has there been any word at all about a timeline of return for Mueller???

Im pretty sure he has started skating again since the groin pull, but whats his status with the Concussion?

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:36 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Posters on a forum are saying it doesn't look "incredibly grueling"?

Dater wrote a big article about how EJ was in the best shape of his life and he has been playing 23 mins/game against the other team's best players. I don't know how anyone can question his conditioning.

Also, him or Mueller could have just turned or stopped the wrong way and tweaked their groin. Doesn't mean they were poorly conditioned.
It was actually posters on THIS forum...I didn't bother to watch the video the Bag Skate, I just remember some posters having a general reaction of "They call THAT a Bag Skate?" and things like "I've skated worse Bag Skates in HS hockey..."

Even Dater mentioned that while it was a Bag Skate, it had nothing on the infamous Herb Brooks Bag Skate on the US Olympic team.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:41 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post

Im pretty sure he has started skating again since the groin pull, but whats his status with the Concussion?
I myself am under the assumption that his skating regularly is only possible because he hasn't been feeling the effects of his Post-Concussion Symptoms, and that once his groin injury is healed he would have a good chance at rejoining the Avs in full-contact practices and then in games.

And besides, doesn't the NHL have very strict protocols in regards to Concussions and Concussion-Like symptoms? Like aren't there some base-line tests that Mueller would have to pass before he could even begin skating?

Old
12-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Pathetic to blame groin injuries on a light bag skate. That's just stirring up **** for the sake of stirring up ****.

We can't have players skate in practice because they might break? Really?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:57 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Pathetic to blame groin injuries on a light bag skate. That's just stirring up **** for the sake of stirring up ****.

We can't have players skate in practice because they might break? Really?
I didn't blame injuries on anything, I simply wondered aloud what it may have said about the condtioning at the time of EJ or Mueller, we knew that Mueller's conditioning was pretty poor, he even alluded to it in some interviews...go back read some of the posts around the time of the Bag Skate, plenty of other posters who were pissed at Sacco for doing the bag skate, even though the team deserved it.

Old
12-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

We lucked out. David Perron is set to return tomorrow against the Hawks.

HUGE fan of DP, tremendous talent, but I'm glad the Avs don't have to contend with him.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
We lucked out. David Perron is set to return tomorrow against the Hawks.

HUGE fan of DP, tremendous talent, but I'm glad the Avs don't have to contend with him.
Having missed almost a year, I think the avs are safe either way. I just wanted to see Perron play but it looks like we have to wait until tomorrow.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

I can't wait to see Stewart maul the Blues...

... ****.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
bradrich99

From todays St Louis paper:

* The Blues' big trade has been a success. As the Blues play at Colorado tonight, it's a good time to look back on the major deal between the teams that went down on Feb. 19. The Blues sent defenseman Erik Johnson and defensive center Jay McClement to Colorado for defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk and winger Chris Stewart. (The teams also exchanged draft picks, with the Avalanche getting the more beneficial tradeoff there.)
Sure, Stewart has cooled down and needs to find his scoring touch. He's had a disappointing start fo the season but will likely get going. With the Blues Stewart has 18 goals and 12 assists and is a plus 3 in 47 games.
Shattenkirk continues to impress; I don't know how many people realized how good he was at the time of the trade. Since becoming a Blue, Shattenkirk ranks second among all NHL defensemen in points (35) and assists (31.) He's a plus 12. He's been a marvel.
Johnson's play still qualifies as disappointing and that perception hasn't gotten any better since the swap. The former No. 1 overall draft choice a minus 12 this season, with no goals and nine assists. He has three goals and 15 assists in 38 games with Colorado and hasn't scored an even-strength goal in his last 36 games. McClement does a serviceable job, and always gives an honest effort. But he's a minus 8 with Colorado.
The Blues are 26-20-4 since the deal.
Colorado is 16-31-2.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...#ixzz1fPXs2oqo

bradrich99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:37 PM
AvsFan7*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I can't wait to see Stewart maul the Blues...

... ****.
Hehehe I lol'd.

As for Mueller, I too was thinking if he's still skating then the Symptoms must be gone or very rare. Im all for letting him fully recover like Crosby before we play him, but at the same time I dont want to wait untill February before he plays, and then if he plays pretty good for him have a similar situation to Fleishmann last year were we dont resign him because of Injury questions. I want to see him come back relativly soon and play for a long period of time so we dont end up not resigning him. I still think he can come back and play as a good Top 6 guy, and would really improve our top 6!

Personally If he is Symptom free Im hoping for a Mid to Late December return.

AvsFan7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrich99 View Post

* The Blues' big trade has been a success. As the Blues play at Colorado tonight, it's a good time to look back on the major deal between the teams that went down on Feb. 19. The Blues sent defenseman Erik Johnson and defensive center Jay McClement to Colorado for defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk and winger Chris Stewart. (The teams also exchanged draft picks, with the Avalanche getting the more beneficial tradeoff there.)
Sure, Stewart has cooled down and needs to find his scoring touch. He's had a disappointing start fo the season but will likely get going. With the Blues Stewart has 18 goals and 12 assists and is a plus 3 in 47 games.
Shattenkirk continues to impress; I don't know how many people realized how good he was at the time of the trade. Since becoming a Blue, Shattenkirk ranks second among all NHL defensemen in points (35) and assists (31.) He's a plus 12. He's been a marvel.
Johnson's play still qualifies as disappointing and that perception hasn't gotten any better since the swap. The former No. 1 overall draft choice a minus 12 this season, with no goals and nine assists. He has three goals and 15 assists in 38 games with Colorado and hasn't scored an even-strength goal in his last 36 games. McClement does a serviceable job, and always gives an honest effort. But he's a minus 8 with Colorado.
Colorado is 16-31-2.

Good read, thanks.

No surprise the trade is working out in STL's favor right now. They're farther along in their rebuild than we are. I still think we got two (three if you count Siemens) very important pieces that address important needs. But yeah, giving up Shatty hurts a HELL of a whole lot worse than giving up Stewie right now.

Any word on what Rattie projects to be for them? Forgot that he was gotten with our 2nd rounder.

Old
12-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post

Was it actually concussion? I mean, I remember that it was at one point "not feeling well", but did it turn out to be an official concussion?

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
Was it actually concussion? I mean, I remember that it was at one point "not feeling well", but did it turn out to be an official concussion?
With the Avs, is anything ever "official?"

Old
12-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
With the Avs, is anything ever "official?"
Yeah, but usually those are pretty bad things that are official.

Old
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Good read, thanks.

No surprise the trade is working out in STL's favor right now. They're farther along in their rebuild than we are. I still think we got two (three if you count Siemens) very important pieces that address important needs. But yeah, giving up Shatty hurts a HELL of a whole lot worse than giving up Stewie right now.

Any word on what Rattie projects to be for them? Forgot that he was gotten with our 2nd rounder.
http://www.whl.ca/article/hawks-ratt...r-of-the-month

Rattie is WHL player of the month. There are questions about his size, as an NHLer, but things look pretty promising for him.

The Blues aren't really in a position to need to rush prospects into the line-up like they used to 3 or 4 years ago. I suspect Rattie is 2 or 3 seasons away from being a serious candidate for the roster, and that he'll probably project as a 3rd liner with offensive upside.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:03 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrich99 View Post

Colorado is 16-31-2.

Some nice stats there, but just as an fyi....this is not the Blues regular beat writer. This particular writer tends toward hyperbole and has not shown himself to be particularly knowledgeable about the team.

Personally, I think its too early and a little irresponsible to write an article like this with the headline, "Blues won trade" or whatever. But this guy has a record of going with inflammatory stories.

I hope a healthy-feeling EJ plays tonight, but it sounds unlikely. I'm anticipating a pre-letdown game tonight from the Blues who are anticipating Perron's return at home tomorrow.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Balls on the table!

vCash: 140
Why is it that people always say "Oh well, Stewie will turn it around." this and that, and also say that "Johnson won't ever live up to his potential" Both are "who knows" at this point IMO. People just like to ruffle feathers I guess.

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Personally, I think its too early and a little irresponsible to write an article like this with the headline, "Blues won trade" or whatever. But this guy has a record of going with inflammatory stories.
I totally agree. After all, Jay McClement has an 'A'. Erik Johnson has had a positive impact on the team during the last four games, the GAA has went nicely down and Johnson has personally had less games on minuses and kept his goal scoring level on very balanced level.

Old
Mike Liut

If Seimans turns out to be a beast like I think he can, the Av's made out well on the trade. There doesn't have to be a winner. Seimans is the player I wanted for the Blues if they were able to keep their 1st rounder. A little irony. BTW, I am disappointed in how Stewie floats around. As of right now. I would trade Stewie back to the Av's for EJ. I just wouldn't include Shatty in any deal. The dude can play. Good luck to you guys.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zingbo2133

Halak in goal tonight per dater.

Zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Some nice stats there, but just as an fyi....this is not the Blues regular beat writer. This particular writer tends toward hyperbole and has not shown himself to be particularly knowledgeable about the team.

I hope a healthy-feeling EJ plays tonight, but it sounds unlikely. I'm anticipating a pre-letdown game tonight from the Blues who are anticipating Perron's return at home tomorrow.
2MM is being kind here.

Miklasz has let himself go from being a decent enough columnist 15-20 years ago to being that mouth-breather at the bar who has to make ridiculous points to get anyone to pay attention to him. Unfortunately St. Louis does not have a single columnist with any real insight to hockey.

As 2MM notes, when one is talking about young players I think everyone is aware that, of non-goalies, the ones who always take the longest are defensemen and power (viz: large-bodied) forwards. The players traded fall in to those genres...and major components of the trade were drafted just this past year.
A few years from now, this trade can be more readily evaluated...but not yet.

Looking forward to a good game tonight, and hoping Stewart does not become confused and start scoring against the Blues to end his slump.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote