HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

24/7 filming

Old
11-29-2011, 07:50 AM
FlyersCup08

vCash: 500
24/7 filming

So, I just read something that implied HBO hasn't started filming yet, that it's only December they follow the teams. Is this accurate? If so that sucks, I really wanted to see what was said on & off the ice in the Tampa game.

FlyersCup08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:13 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

they've obviously been filming since during the previews they showed some clips

plus I remember the m saying that HBO was in the building during the Tampa game

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:40 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
JJ and the camera crew were keying on all the cameramen during the entire Rangers game. That game will mark the 1st episode set to air December 14th.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
bauer

i believe HBO starts following the teams right at the start of the season. at least that was the case last year. they were showing the teams playing games in October.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Dubinsky Vs Shelley

Well...I have to give Dubinsky credit for the Shelley slam at least..seems with Zac he's basing it mostly on past transgressions.

Quote:
In case you missed it, Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky returned verbal fire on Flyers enforcer Jody Shelley on Monday.

Shelley, a little-used veteran, had called Dubinsky a "weasel" in HBO's 15-minute "24/7" preview.

"It won't be long before he's out of the league, because he's a terrible hockey player," Dubinsky told the New York Daily News on Monday.

Dubinsky didn’t stop there.

“First of all, if I was him, I'd keep my mouth shut if I don't play, especially since I never see him on the ice," Dubinsky said. "He's usually just yapping from the bench, and I guess now he's yapping from behind the video camera. So that's about all I have to say."

Dubinsky later called the Flyers’ Zac Rinaldo “an idiot" because of his reckless style.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...#ixzz1f8MtgkMm

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Somebody tweeted this morning that HBO was in the room for a Flyers meeting but the beat writers had to wait outside, so they have been doing some filming.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

My friend said that he saw HBO cameras during the shootout loss vs. NJD.

Not exactly reliable but maybe they were there.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
flountown

At the Rangers game was when the real filming began, like the behind the scenes type stuff, but they have been filming here and there during the earlier parts of the season to put together promos and such.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Hbo Cameras Soon To Join Flyers And Rangers For '24/7'

Wish Pronger was healthy since they said he was going to be a big focus...I'm sure they will cover him somewhat off the ice. I guess we'll get some insight into his knee and "virus" maybe...

Quote:
Virtually the same 50 people who worked on last year's series are back again, including producers Scott Boggins and Bentley Weiner, and narrator Liev Schreiber.

But viewers can expect some changes. For one, HBO is hoping to gain even more access than it had a year ago, when it showed footage from inside the dressing rooms, training rooms, players' houses, team planes and even the NHL's video room on a disputed goal review.

"I can't really tell you what (else we'll do) yet because it's not approved, but we're hoping for other microphones and cameras in places outside the rink that'll give you a feel for everything that's being decided and going on," said Harmon.

Camera crews have already spent time with the Rangers and Flyers gathering footage and some long-form interviews, but there will likely still be an adjustment period for the players and coaches once they move in permanently for a month.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381726

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote