HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #25 Kings v. Panthers, 12/1/11 - Post Game WIN, Thoughts & Tidbits

Old
12-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Omni Owl

vCash: 500
That pass by Voynov to Brown was a beauty. Hope its nothing too serious with Rich/Mitch. Hell of a fun game to watch...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:50 AM
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
They're super precautionary with possible concussions anymore which is a good thing. Richards didn't go down after the hit or anything so hopefully they're just being careful. Crossing my fingers.

Hoping the Mitchell injury is also minor, too. Hate losing defensemen.

And this is what pisses me off about post lockout hockey. In the old days, if someone did something to your players, you could start a fight with them whether they liked or not. You had to atone for your actions. Now guys can do things and sometimes there is no retribution depending on the refs. And guys just run away and hide and there's nothing you can do or else risk an instigator penalty.
The instigator penalty has been around for a long time.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:50 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Wow. Dineen just thrashed us bad to the media

Pretty candid. Said that they thoroughly outplayed us, by a wide margin, we couldn't handle their speed, all we could do is run around hack, slash, and crosscheck them, and that he would expect that since we were playing so poorly...

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:51 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Voynov had a fantastic game tonight! Great pass on Brown's goal! I really don't know HOW we send him down.

Doughty also look great tonight! Try to take over a few times...

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post

Pretty candid. Said that they thoroughly outplayed us, by a wide margin, we couldn't handle their speed, all we could do is run around hack, slash, and crosscheck them, and that he would expect that since we were playing so poorly...
Well, I hope he gave the best player credit.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:00 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:

I never thought I'd be looking forward to the next time we play Florida so much.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
NM, he gave Quick credit, said was the only reason for the 2 points.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:

Lol, what a sore loser. That had a bunch of powerplays that they couldn't convert on.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
How does Scuds get the second star? DD and JJ were better on both ends.
I thought Scuderi was nails. His ice time was 30+ minutes, he picked up the most slack of anybody after losing Mitchell, and he gutted it out even though it looked like he got hurt at one point. Plus he saved a sure goal into an open net in the 1st with that stick check.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Gotta watch it again, but I think he actually called out Quick, didn't compliment him It was brutal. Lemme see.
Pft. What a loon. Does he know how many powerplays the team had? But, the Kings owned them on that aspect. He mad.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:05 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

I love how on Kings talk, KTLK just randomly drop a commercial in during the middle of the show

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:05 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Well Dineen did win the baby tears contest, so that's something!

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Pft. What a loon. Does he know how many powerplays the team had? But, the Kings owned them on that aspect. He mad.
Didn't get there in time he didn't call out Quick, someone on Hammond's blog said he did and I couldn't remember, just re-watched, he said Quick was the only reason we got the 2 points. Pretty much said that we played terrible and that the Kings had no choice but to chase and play chippy because they were getting dominated so badly. It was a stern and candid interview now. Up on the NHL Network.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:06 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Did we have a rivalry w/ the panthers now?

Old
12-02-2011, 01:08 AM
outofrange

Geeze I hope that it's just precautionary with Richards and he's good. It also might be a groin issue with Mitchy. Sucks hardcore.

The Panthers finally look like a good team after a decade of suck though. Took them long enough.

Kopecky and Bergenheim are cheap ****ers though. Moreau basically called Berg a ***** after the game.

Voynov is good. Quick is BOSS. That is all.

edit: LOL at Dineen. He's kind of lame, eh? Those improbable wins are getting to his head. He doesn't know how to navigate himself out of the black hole with sounding unhinged. Total class.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:

I never liked Dineen even when he played. This just reinforces it. The words I could use are not permitted on this site.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
"Their goalie certainly got them a couple of points."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/0...#ixzz1fMIfz6xa

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:09 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:

Wait... Kopecky doesn't play for the Kings...

Old
12-02-2011, 01:11 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Amazing game by Quick tonight. I wonder if Bernier really does play on Saturday. Quick is going to need a rest soon, as the games are starting to pile up, but then again he's on a role. Last time Bernier played Montreal, we didn't fair well, though I expect a lot of that was playing in Montreal in front of friends and family with nerves. I guess we'll see. I'm glad Quick went after a few of their guys, but didn't take stupid penalties. It looked like Kopesky was trying to castrate him at one point!

The D overall was awesome, despite giving up so many shots. They were a man short practically the whole game, and then to kill so many penalties. Amazing! Scuds was nails tonight, and the goal he saved was headed right for the back of the net. I loved seeing Doughty actually rush the puck and get chances tonight, as well as JJ. Awesome to see. Voynov seems to get better every game. I thought the last few weeks, he hadn't been bad, but he hadn't been great, but the past two games, WOW. I hope he stays up all year. He's should be a regular NHLer.

Brown had a great game. He needs to stay on the left side, and with Kopi. I know some of you think they're terrible together, but they have chemistry.

Let's pray Richards and Mitch aren't out long, and Richards doesn't have a concussion.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:12 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Didn't get there in time he didn't call out Quick, someone on Hammond's blog said he did and I couldn't remember, just re-watched, he said Quick was the only reason we got the 2 points. Pretty much said that we played terrible and that the Kings had no choice but to chase and play chippy because they were getting dominated so badly. It was a stern and candid interview now. Up on the NHL Network.
Thanks. That's hardly credit though, imo. I would be more upset my team couldnt get a pp goal. But, whatever floats his boat.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:12 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Lol, what a sore loser. That had a bunch of powerplays that they couldn't convert on.
That's what I got out of it too. His team was just as guilty of hacking and slashing too,just didn't get called as much.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Here's video of the hit on Mike Richards
http://vimeo.com/33013437

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
"Their goalie certainly got them a couple of points."

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/0...#ixzz1fMIfz6xa
Just by reading those quotes you think Weiss was the coach and Dineen was the bitter player. Thank you.

Old
12-02-2011, 01:16 AM
damacles1156

Those remarks Dineen made say "I am a sore loser". He Should be more upset with his team not converting on all the PP's. They also had a 5 on 3 for a minute or so.

I would be livid about that as a coach. The Refs+ Kings basically gift wrapped them the Game, and they blew it.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 01:17 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:
]Holding my breath. Richards seems like the kind of guy they need to tie down and lock him into the room to keep him from the ice.
You'd be right. He's played hurt alot, bloodied up, etc He'd play on one leg if they'd let him. Last year, the whole year with a busted up wrst and pneumonia in the playoffs. His best year (30G 50 A 2008-2009) he played most of the year with torn labrums in both shoulders. They shot both shoulders up before the games until the playoffs were done and both shoulders were operated on. That he was hurt, we suspected, that it was that bad and painful and he played through it, was a shock at first, but that's Richie. The guys' a warrior.
And Westgarth is right he is 'one hell of a hockey player'. I think that energy and effort in the third period was a pretty good indicaton of how strongly the team feels about himi and that they're ready to go to war for him. That's a good sign on a team, they're tight.
ANd I wasn't surprised that the team is 'well aware' of the date of the next game.

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote