HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards gets hit by Sean Bergenheim

Old
12-03-2011, 02:16 PM
SufferingCatFan

vCash: 500
Panther fan who comes in peace.

Liked Richards before the (legal) Booth hit and afterwards . He gives no mercy and asks for none. Plays hard every game. Tough to play against. Never complains/whines when he gets hit etc. He is a throwback. Would love to have him on the Panthers.

No question though that Richard's style of play leads to injuries, both for him and opposing players willing to match his physical style.

SufferingCatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
You also have to factor in the Savard-hit by Matt Cooke, please stop making your arguments look better than they are by not-mentioning important things.

Richards probably wouldn't have thrown that check then.
In fact, he wasn't as physical as before after this incident.

Apples and oranges.
Junior players don't get payed to play this sport.
Booth knew he could get hurt cutting through the middle with his head down, he choose to do so, he payed a price.

I'd still like you to explain us how Richards got traded because of this hit, enlighten us.

Never said he got traded because of the hit. He got traded for being a crappy teamate and a lockeroom cancer. Id love for you to name one guy who was known as a lockeroom cancer that wasnt also a guy who took liberties on the ice.

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Never said he got traded because of the hit. He got traded for being a crappy teamate and a lockeroom cancer. Id love for you to name one guy who was known as a lockeroom cancer that wasnt also a guy who took liberties on the ice.
Proof that he's a locker room cancer?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
You should write for the Philadelphia media. Do some research bub. Read what Richards' teammates and coaches have to say about him, not the Philly papers. Probably wasting my time here because you don't seem like the type of person that lets facts get in his way.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Proof that he's a locker room cancer?
You are right. Teams that are not in financial trouble or struggling to compete routinely trade their captain and best overall player who is in his prime

Old
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
You are right. Teams that are not in financial trouble or struggling to compete routinely trade their captain and best overall player who is in his prime
I asked for proof, not speculation.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Bullpoop! There were no issues in the locker room till Pronger came along. There was a big core of players who were all very close and then things changed when they brought him in. Zherdev, who had nothing to do with anyone had only 1 friend on the team according to Homer, and that was Richards. That's what a captain does, tries to make things good for his teammates.

Keep trying, your lack of facts is hilarious!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
He got traded for being a crappy teamate and a lockeroom cancer
Neither of these are true and you knew that before you posted it. You don't like Richards, that's fine, but lying about him only makes you as irresponsible and pathetic as the other trolls on the net.

You won't fine one former teammate on or off the record (as reporters have tried) who don't praise him as a leader and teammate. Something the Kings players found out early on. (Per Chuck Gormley Burlington Cnty Courier May 26, 2011 -senior beat reporter for the Flyers for years) when asked about any problmes in the lockeroom and specifically Pronger and richards "By all the games I've covered, by everything I've seen and all the players I;ve talked to, Mike Richards is well liked and respected by every player on team, not one would say a bad word about him, on of off the record;' He went on to say the same couldn't be said of Pronger who was respected by most and liked by few. Pronger is abrasive and caustic and very demanding, his word or the highway, no room for others. The players liked Richards and were loyal to him, and afraid to stand up to Pronger.

The 'division' in the room came from Pronger, not Richards. There was no problem until he arrived with his inflated ego, and bad temper. He fractures every room he 's been on and been traded 4 times.

Richards was traded because their 79 year old owner who spent 35 years avoiding getting a real goalie got embarrased nationally in the playoffs . Richards wore the C, the fault was his, and when this team took a tailslide in March/early April and lost points and slipepd in the division, as Snider saw it, he didn't captain the team well enough. NEver mind he was playing with a busted wrist and pneumonia...

Mike Richards in 24 games as a King has already become a leader on and off the ice, (by the accounts of his teammates) and has been aruguably their most valuable and conisistant forward and is quickly endearing himself to the fanbase because he all hustle and heart.

But then trolls like you arent' interested in facts only fiction

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:44 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

To try and address the "how long will Richards have to pay" for it deal- in the fans eye's. Well after this hit by Tucker on Peca, I think to this day if Tucker was passing in front of me I wouldn't even tap the brakes on my truck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv3W09KDnAM

Bergy has always been a physical hitter. Never thought of him as dirty but on the edge for sure. Did not think this hit was dirty but I can definitely see how both fan bases are reacting.

Last edited by PROMputt: 12-03-2011 at 03:49 PM.
PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 03:55 PM
BadBad Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Any contact here was clearly incidental.
The head was not the principal point of contact.
As almost all of you have stated in the GDT (impressively) not a headshot.

Here is the reason for the karma comments and no sympathy here...this decapitation by Richards of Booth makes all Panther fans very sensitive to targeted head shots. Booth out for a year, never the same, recently traded away.

So.. with apologies from any of us that are here with no sympathy to Richards, and certainly not a Kings issue.

Cheers.
Thank you for posting that. I never get tired of seeing it. That's hockey. Keep your head up.

BadBad Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBad Browns View Post
Thank you for posting that. I never get tired of seeing it. That's hockey. Keep your head up.

and im the troll. real classy coment there

Old
12-03-2011, 04:48 PM
dookie88

Quote:
The Flyers got a decent return, they had to sign a goaltender and wanted a change in culture. And even with all those ramifications, Homer wouldn't have done it if Ed Snider wouldn't have stepped in and demanded signing Bryzgalov (and maybe trading Richards).
Richards is my favorite player, but you could argue that the Flyers' best overall player is Claude Giroux, or Chris Pronger.

Quote:
That just seals it.
Not going to waste my time with something like you.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 04:50 PM
jml87

Lindros career was pretty much ended by Stevens. He was a Flyer and he also should have kept his head up. I'm not pissed at Stevens for hitting him. It happens in hockey.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 10:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBad Browns View Post
Pretty sure he received a match penalty for it,kind sir, so no, even then it wasn't hockey.

Thank god sane people out ruled headshots and this was the seminal hit causing it,so happily you'll have to keep watching archives to see filth like this, or start watching roller derby.

Cheers.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
There is a reason Philly traded their captain and leader. He destroyed the career of a struggling franchise's best player.
Quote:
Never said he got traded because of the hit.

If it's not what you mean, then don't write it.

And that's just the best of your many speculative, irrational and anger filled posts at Richards. We get it, you don't like him.

I'm not going to defend Richards on the Booth hit, it was wrong and suspension worthy and I was upset he ddn't get suspended. And I've been a Richards fans since his days in Kitchener. That said, he did not:

A) Wreck Booth's career. Booth led the Panthers in scoring the next year and is still an NHLer last I looked. That's not wrecking a career.
B) Serve as a locker room cancer. There is no proof of that anywhere, and there has been plenty of reporters just dying to find it. And just because, as you put it, locker room cancers also take liberties on the ice, that doesn't mean that all players who play with an edge are therefore lockerroom cancers.
C) Date your sister... or whatever unforgiveable sin he did to warrant the right to serve as your personal Moby Dick.
D) Cause the NHL to sirectly change because of the hit on Booth: It clearly was a key point in the push to change the league's stand on hits to the head, but Matt Cooke on marc Savard was by far the biggest point, especially given it occurred just a few weeks before the GM/owners meeting and was a hot topic in the media because of that.
E) Have a history of doing this before: The lone hit to the head Richards can be credited for is Booth's. As someone else said, Connolly, boarding or not, was not a hit to the head.
F) Take a 50 foot run at Booth: Unless you have a measuring tape and have done a review, Mythbusters-style, that's just guesstimation, and I'd say exaggeration as well.
G) Cause you to troll: You've said your piece and we get that you don't like Richards. Fine and, while we don't agree with it, we can understand it, as others have said in this thread. The fact you keep coming into this thread, throwing out info that isn't even fact based and purely speculation, conjecture and, in some cases, just spiteful statements, is just asking for trouble. Frankly, I'm shocked this thread is still open since it's serving solely as an invite for one Panther fan to hurl provocative statments at our entire fanbase, on our fan forum. It should be closed.

Last edited by kingsfan: 12-04-2011 at 02:21 AM.
kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote