HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues' best forward

View Poll Results: Who's the best?
Arnott 0 0%
Backes 54 49.54%
Berglund 3 2.75%
D'Agostini 0 0%
Grachev 1 0.92%
Langenbrunner 0 0%
McDonald 3 2.75%
Nichol 0 0%
Oshie 14 12.84%
Perron 17 15.60%
Porter 0 0%
Reaves 0 0%
Sobotka 3 2.75%
Steen 12 11.01%
Stewart 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

vCash: 500
I'll make the poll again in February and April and see if things change throughout the course of the year

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 07:34 AM
FilthyNote*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I just don't see it with Stewart. I doubt he will ever be even a 30 goal scorer because of his lack of effort and him being so inconsistant. He can't carry Backes' or Oshie's jock as a player.
Guy has a (extended) slow start and you are ready to toss him to the dogs that fast eh? I personally am not going to be so quick to judge Stewart. He has never scored more than 28 goals in an NHL season and yeah, it would be great to see some improvement and some better consistency THIS year but hes still young. I am at least willing to give him a chance.

FilthyNote* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyNote View Post
Guy has a (extended) slow start and you are ready to toss him to the dogs that fast eh? I personally am not going to be so quick to judge Stewart. He has never scored more than 28 goals in an NHL season and yeah, it would be great to see some improvement and some better consistency THIS year but hes still young. I am at least willing to give him a chance.

I just don't see anything in his game to make me think things will change. He is a decent player, but far from anything special.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Lucifer T Longfellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I just don't see anything in his game to make me think things will change. He is a decent player, but far from anything special.
I disagree about Stewart, he is still young at 24 and he already has two 28 goal seasons. On the current roster there are four players have had seasons with more than 28 goals: Backes, Mcdonald, Langenbrunner and Arnott. Of those four, only Arnott did it before he was 24.

I think the real Stewart is somewhere in between what we saw last year when he was with the Blues, where he was on pace for 47 and this year where he is on pace for 13. In his entire tenure with the Blues, 26 games played in both seasons, he is still on pace for 30 and I definitely see him in that range one day

I think that he needs to reacquaint himself with the front of the net so he can get the deflections and rebounds that he did last year. Basically I think that he needs to go back to playing like a power forward and he will start producing.

Lucifer T Longfellow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:13 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

It's nice to see Chris Stewart's dad voted.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Mike Liut

I think Stewart needs a legitimate playmaking center to succeed. He doesn't create opportunities on his own like Backes and Oshie can. If he stays on the Perron / Berglund line, his scoring should increase. Perron will help him.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote