HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 2.0 - Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
  #1
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
Trade Proposal Thread 2.0 - Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition

Continue here......

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM
  #2
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Trade Proposal Thread 2.0- Never Trust A Man With Two First Names Edition.

Continue.

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:48 PM
  #3
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,297
vCash: 300
Fitzy's title was awesome...ya'll better switch it back now.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:51 PM
  #4
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Mod war- activate. Its on now.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 01:58 PM
  #5
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
LOL...

What is happening!?

One thread, guys, please lol.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:01 PM
  #6
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,479
vCash: 500
Seriously, guys? You're both freakin fired.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:03 PM
  #7
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
We just both love our jobs here at HF THAT much!


NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:07 PM
  #8
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
So back to Bobby Ryan, what other teams could realistically be calling?

I would think they would want to move him East.

Maybe:

FLA
CAR
TOR
NYR
NYI?
WPG?

PHI can't afford him
BUF can't afford him
BOS shouldn't move a defenseman.
MON has enough money invested in their forwards, unless one is moved.
OTT is rebuilding
TB has enough money invested in their offense.
NJD has enough financial issues getting Parise signed.
Pitt has very few prospects.
WAS has enough money invested in their forwards.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
  #9
parcsalooc
Registered User
 
parcsalooc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
FWIW Gresch's legit FB account.

Ron Greschner
Trade Rumors....New York -----Dubinsky and Del Zotto for Bobby Ryan( YES OR NO)

parcsalooc is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
  #10
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
FWIW Gresch's legit FB account.

Ron Greschner
Trade Rumors....New York -----Dubinsky and Del Zotto for Bobby Ryan( YES OR NO)
I know nothing about facebook but it sounds like speculation, like the rest of us are doing; of course i'd make that trade, especially considering we get to keep our 1st rounder.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:18 PM
  #11
DrSutton*
Given Up
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
So back to Bobby Ryan, what other teams could realistically be calling?

I would think they would want to move him East.

Maybe:

FLA
CAR
TOR
NYR
NYI?
WPG?

PHI can't afford him
BUF can't afford him
BOS shouldn't move a defenseman.
MON has enough money invested in their forwards, unless one is moved.
OTT is rebuilding
TB has enough money invested in their offense.
NJD has enough financial issues getting Parise signed.
Pitt has very few prospects.
WAS has enough money invested in their forwards.
FLA and Carolina are budget teams. The islanders really don't have the meaningful assets to help Ana right now. WPG in the same position, a team that's still being built.
Theoretically buffalo could afford him, barely. But they have to do something like send stafford and Adam, then waive Boyes and send down a bunch of people. IMO though they blew their wad this summer.

DrSutton* is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:19 PM
  #12
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
I agree with the consensus that Ryan is going to return a lot less than some of the astronomically bloated trade proposals I've seen from all fanbases. I'd say he even fetches less than what Mike Richards did.

Not sure how I'd feel about trading Del Zotto at this point. He's starting to find his offensive game again and has been playing FANTASTIC two way hockey so far this season, and also keeping in mind the state of the defense right now as a whole.

If DZ is traded away, brass must think Erixon can replace his puck moving ability, or they better make damn sure they take hard looks at Morgan Reilly and Slater Koekkoek for this year's draft. Both of these guys are bonafide puck movers that will probably be in our range at our pick due to injuries.

Dubinsky, McIlrath, and a 2nd rounder gets it done for Ryan, IMO.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
  #13
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
I agree with the consensus that Ryan is going to return a lot less than some of the astronomically bloated trade proposals I've seen from all fanbases. I'd say he even fetches less than what Mike Richards did.

Not sure how I'd feel about trading Del Zotto at this point. He's starting to find his offensive game again and has been playing FANTASTIC two way hockey so far this season, and also keeping in mind the state of the defense right now as a whole.

If DZ is traded away, brass must think Erixon can replace his puck moving ability, or they better make damn sure they take hard looks at Morgan Reilly and Slater Koekkoek for this year's draft. Both of these guys are bonafide puck movers that will probably be in our range at our pick due to injuries.

Dubinsky, McIlrath, and a 2nd rounder gets it done for Ryan, IMO.
If they trade Del Zotto and don't get a d-man in return, it guarantees that Erixon gets recalled and they think he's ready to fill that void.

Regardless of the deal, I think the Rangers will go BPA this year in the first round of the draft. Lots of youth in on the roster, and quality depth at virtually every position. Just get the best player you can and worry about slotting him in when he actually makes the team.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  #14
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Staal's recent progress makes MDZ's position on this team much less of a requiem.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:26 PM
  #15
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
FWIW Gresch's legit FB account.

Ron Greschner
Trade Rumors....New York -----Dubinsky and Del Zotto for Bobby Ryan( YES OR NO)
I'd do it if the Ducks were willing to take MDZ. Rangers would need to go out and acquire a veteran D before the playoffs for depth though, and hope that Erixon would be NHL ready by next season....

wolfgaze is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
  #16
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post

Dubinsky, McIlrath, and a 2nd rounder gets it done for Ryan, IMO.
McIlrath too much of a question mark for the Ducks to accept him as the only prospect in that deal IMHO....

wolfgaze is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:28 PM
  #17
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,364
vCash: 500
MDZ played A TON of minutes against Pitt. Showcase?

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
  #18
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If they trade Del Zotto and don't get a d-man in return, it guarantees that Erixon gets recalled and they think he's ready to fill that void.

Regardless of the deal, I think the Rangers will go BPA this year in the first round of the draft. Lots of youth in on the roster, and quality depth at virtually every position. Just get the best player you can and worry about slotting him in when he actually makes the team.
I'm very much in the BPA school of thought of drafting in the early rounds as well. A lot of high end talent in the first round this year. Dare I say, 2003 like.

Anyway, it seems we're on the same page regarding Del Zotto. If giving him up means getting what this offense needs right now and in the future, so be it.



Wolfgaze, I see what you mean. However, if I'm GM, I'd hold onto the 2012 1st this year for dear life. So that leaves Thomas, Miller, Kreider, Erixon, Valentenko, and Lindberg as serious possibilities. Miller, Kreider, and Erixon aren't going anywhere. Thomas is expendable, but I'm hesitant to give up on him already. So that leaves Valentenko and Lindberg. I doubt Anaheim would have any serious interest in either. Thomas would probably be the guy to go, but Anaheim want another D coming back.

I Eat Crow is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
  #19
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,441
vCash: 500
Don't agree with packaging Del Zotto...give them Dubinsky or Anisimov, Erixon, and a pick.

nevesis is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
  #20
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
FWIW Gresch's legit FB account.

Ron Greschner
Trade Rumors....New York -----Dubinsky and Del Zotto for Bobby Ryan( YES OR NO)
done, but our D is going to be tested BIG TIME w/o MDZ. Unless Staal is ready to come back, or a defenseman comes back our way.

Inferno is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
  #21
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Staal's recent progress makes MDZ's position on this team much less of a requiem.
I think it's too soon to make that claim. For all we know, the headaches could return once he starts working out hard again.

GAGLine is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:35 PM
  #22
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
I think Erixon is going to be a similar player to MDZ minus some physicality and those crazy long stretch passes. I'd still rather not lose MDZ, but it's not going to be the end of the world

ThirdEye is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
  #23
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MDZ played A TON of minutes against Pitt. Showcase?
6:20 of his 27:41 was PP time. I think it's just the way the game worked out.

NHRangerfan is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:36 PM
  #24
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
MDZ played A TON of minutes against Pitt. Showcase?
If so, he didn't do us any favors with that awful giveaway as he was coming around the net. He tends to use the net a lot to try to get away from defenders, I guess since he isn't that fast. I'll bet that pitts knew that and purposely sent the 2nd forechecker to intercept.

GAGLine is online now  
Old
11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
  #25
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 500
Say Del Zotto gets packaged for Ryan. Call me crazy here, but maybe we could sign McCabe as a temporary PP and puck moving solution? He'd play 3rd pairing minutes once Staal gets well, since Staal, Girardi, McDonagh, and Sauer would get the top 4 minutes. Eminger and Woywitka can platoon at the 6/7 spots. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

I Eat Crow is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.