HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal Thread 3.0 - The "Does Anybody Want Christensen??" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2011, 09:17 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Edmonton has no incentive to sell him for cheap though. He's still only 20 and in the 2nd year of his ELC. Probably another player that the brought in too early. When will they learn?
I didn't say they did. I wouldn't pay an arm and a leg for him.

Old
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I'd LOVE Vinny at the trade deadline.

Big shame we didn't resign him. It allows you to put either him or Arty at the third line center position, giving us 3 very serious lines. Prospal feeding Hagelin? Yes, please.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
3 assists in 25 games for 3 points. They may feel that he has stopped developing for whatever reason.
Right, but if that's the case, why bother with him? Edmonton is working on rebuilding their team, and he was/is viewed as an important cog in that rebuild. If he's no longer any good for them, I'd be very skeptical to go after him. Lord knows Tambo is going to want to squeeze every bit of value out of him in a deal.

I've soured a bit on Paajarvi. He's looking more and more like Freddy Sjostrom part two. Size, speed, good shot, but has the hockey sense of a pineapple.

Old
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Just because there is a some 20 year old former top prospect that is looking like a bust does not mean this team is in the kind of period where they should be taking on those kinds of players.

12-13-2011, 12:33 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Never understood why we didn't re-sign Vinny this summer, but yeah, he's definitely a possibility come deadline, IMO. 3rd round pick and some expendable prospect for Vinny is my guess, though I could see some team giving up a 2nd.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Just because there is a some 20 year old former top prospect that is looking like a bust does not mean this team is in the kind of period where they should be taking on those kinds of players.
Finally, some reason.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:39 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

I'd love one of Vinny or Ruutu at the deadline, at the right price. I have a feeling both will be hot commodities, and rightfully so.

Bourque, MZA, 2nd and 3rd rounders should be the price range, and I'm fine with that.

I could see Rutuu being a perfect fit on with Richie and Cally. Our top 2 lines would be very dangerous.

Prospal, if he holds up, would bring great flexibility to our top 3 lines as well.

Old
12-13-2011, 01:45 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
This 100%.

This team is looking like a contender, or at least a team that will be in the hunt. No need to take on a project.

Old
12-13-2011, 02:52 AM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
The Rangers and their fans seem to be totally fine paying Sean Avery 1.9 million to be a 4th line player.

In all seriousness, injuries happen. Especially with a team that blocks so many shots....

Dubinsky-Richards-Callahan
Ruutu-Stepan-Gaborik
Fedotenko-Anisimov-Hagelin
Neil-Boyle-Prust
Rupp, Christensen

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Allen
MDZ-Sauer
Eminger
If we were to acquire Rutuu at the deadline (), I would just slide him onto the line with Richie and Cally. Also wouldn't mess with our top line's chemistry. I'd move Dubi to 3rd line C, with Feds and Hagelin on the Ws. Then the (not really seen yet but still awesomely named) PBR line for our 4th.

Old
12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Ruutu - Richards - Callahan
Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Feds - Dubinsky - Hagelin
Rupp/Mitchell - Boyle - Prust

That would be a hell of a lineup

Old
12-13-2011, 09:06 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Ruutu - Richards - Callahan
Anisimov - Stepan - Gaborik
Feds - Dubinsky - Hagelin
Rupp/Mitchell - Boyle - Prust

That would be a hell of a lineup
and if we really want to go for it.

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Gleason
Del Zotto - Sauer

that would be sweet.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:15 AM
Vitto79

If the Rangers can get a Ruutu or another rental for say a 2nd and Zuke ok do it but if the bounty is high or they lose out on certain guys then Prospal as a rental makes sense.

Vinny as a rental is a good idea since he knows the system

Old
12-13-2011, 09:15 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
and if we really want to go for it.

Staal - Girardi
McDonagh - Gleason
Del Zotto - Sauer

that would be sweet.
What I would give to have a full lineup like that. Though is Gleason a RD? I know he's a left handed shot.

Wonder what it would take to get Gleason and Ruutu from the Canes.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:27 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
This is how good teams stay good for a long time. Buy low, sell high. If they see him as a piece that can help them moving forward why wouldn't they bring him in and play him on the 3rd line?

Old
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
This is how good teams stay good for a long time. Buy low, sell high. If they see him as a piece that can help them moving forward why wouldn't they bring him in and play him on the 3rd line?
The was MPS has been this season, he would not even be a 4th line on this team.

He looks veritably lost on the ice at times. Can't get on the same page as his linemates, and has simply not looked like he could in any way be a top 9 player on this team.

Oiler's price for him would still be high, we would have to give up legitimate roster players for a guy who would set us back the next few years.

Paajarvi logged quite a bit of ice time on the power play last season, so being enamored with a 34 point, -13 campaign is something I truly am not. This season consolidates it.

I would rather have Zuccarello on this team (Once he hals of course) than Paajarvi minus some large pieces.

Old
12-13-2011, 09:55 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Right, but if that's the case, why bother with him? Edmonton is working on rebuilding their team, and he was/is viewed as an important cog in that rebuild. If he's no longer any good for them, I'd be very skeptical to go after him. Lord knows Tambo is going to want to squeeze every bit of value out of him in a deal.

I've soured a bit on Paajarvi. He's looking more and more like Freddy Sjostrom part two. Size, speed, good shot, but has the hockey sense of a pineapple.
Quote:

These are 2 comments I totally disagree with in this particular case.
And I will below try to explain why.
**** happens and people go through slumps...
Especially sophomore ones. That is basically an accepted rule in professional sports.
What about del Zotto last year?
He was awful in his sophomore year defensively after a great offensive rookie campaign, crucified here and sent to the minors. Did we give up on him? Was that for better or worse?
What about "The Great Dubinskys" offensive production - for over $4M annually - so far this year?
He has but 12 points and is on pace for 34 points (3 goals) with more than a third of the season gone. As a 25 year old. Down from a team leading 54 points last year. His ice-time is down from 20:13 to 17:22 this year - but he still gets PP minutes on the 2nd unit. Is he then a SUPER BUST and has he then already panned out on this level?

I hardly believe a player that puts up 34 points on the NHLs worst team - in his rookie year as a 19 year old direct from the SEL - can already be seen as a bust 30 games into the 2nd year. This is just pure speculation on my part too - but I would be willing to bet that if he were given Dubinskys minutes and role last year - he would have equaled or exceeded his point total as well (5 years younger).

That MPS in his sophomore year is put on a defensive checking line, getting small minutes (12:02 minutes per game - compared to 15:23 last year & this year with no PP time) and then has been moved down the depth chart due to the return of Hemsky + addition of Smyth and - not to mention the infusion of two #1 picks into the lineup (Ok Hall was playing some of last year) has nothing to do with this? This is a 62" 205 lb skater with great skills and speed at 20 years old. He is patiently and loyally filling his 3rd line checking role duties quite well I understand (-2) - but I think anyone can agree that his offensive pace so far is below expectations. But using the label "bust" is in this case so far from the objective truth that it leaves me shaking my head in disbelief.

If you can acquire talent - with a high upside - that improves the team both immediately and later - without too big of a cost at the right moment - You do it.
Period. You probably cannot realisitically get a 20 year-old talent with great potential on pace for say 60 -70 points without giving up far too much, but if opportunity presents itself and value and production temporarily are low - you strike like a cobra. And nobody really knows if he is available or what the cost would be.

You might not agree that this player is the type of player that can rebound put in a different role and environment since he is apparently labeled a bust by you (bust at 20 yo??? - what is this) - well then fine. We can agree we disagree about this aspect & potential - but to generalize they way you did above is imo just plain...not right.
And please note - I have gotten lots of direct info about the traits/potential of MPS from the actual coach of MPS for 3 years in the SEL... He has also coached Kopitar, Hagelin... and many more NHL players in the game today... Not saying that makes all these assessments above correct - but getting news/opinions from a real hockey insider is something that deserves consideration.

Last edited by Fitzy: 12-13-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old
12-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
What I would give to have a full lineup like that. Though is Gleason a RD? I know he's a left handed shot.

Gleason Ruutu and Dalpe to Rangers
Zuccarello, Thomas, Valentenko and 2ed in 12the draft

Old
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Gleason Ruutu and Dalpe to Rangers
Zuccarello, Thomas, Valentenko and 2ed in 12the draft
Aren't the Canes really high on Dalpe?

Old
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

At this point, id wait for Wolski to come back and play a set of games, see how he looks and where we are.

I actually think the Rangers have a better chance of aquiring a rental dman this year than a forward given the respective situations, and even if Staal and Sauer were back that simply forced Eminger out of the lineup which is not a tragedy provided his replacement brings some spark to the power play.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Prospal's lack of speed doesn't bother me. He's a smart player and he's showing that he can still produce. 23 points in 29 games is good. 23 points in 29 games playing for Columbus is REALLY good. Obviously, if his play drops off considerably by the trade deadline, we'd have to reconsider, but assuming he's still playing well, I think he would be a great, fairly inexpensive option.

No one thought he'd be able to contribute last year and he put up 23 points in 29 games for us.
Prospal's speed doesn't bother me in a vacuum. It bothers me on this team.

And 29 games is one thing, but we would need an aging player who already has a lack of footspeed to be playing that well in games 83 and on, when the speed of the game is even faster than now. Despite how well he played for us last year, he was well rested at that point too.

All of this is how I feel about Prospal as a fit on this team. I like him as a player and as a person, but I hope there are better rental options out there.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Aren't the Canes really high on Dalpe?
Not just the Canes, but nearly everyone else too. This site has him rated as their number one prospect and is 40th on a leaguewide list that does not include Thomas, Zuccarello or Valentenko.

That's just a terrible deal for Carolina.

Old
12-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Originally i wanted to see the Rangers add a defenseman. After watching these guys come together with the current cpor of blueliners I am not so sure they should even mess with it. Especially after Staal returns. I think they have a very solid group. Young, mobile, agile, and even though they maybe lack a physical guy back there overall as a group you can't really argue they are getting the job done.

I actually am thinking the same way about the forwards. Don't want to see that core disrupted too much. I like the idea of Ruutu becuase he's a banger than can play a regular shift. This team as is can play relentless. With him added I think takes them to another level one that I would be comfortable going into a 7 game series agains the B's the Flyers or the Pens with. Also don't think it would cost too much to get him here. Wolski and a pick perhaps? Might have to add a prospect too. Carolina can probably get a good return for him as a rental, so the market price could be high.

On Vinny, loved him when he was here. I fear adding a player at his age though. He is producing, and that's great to see but I am not on thw Vinny bandwagon as a rental come playoff time. This team was OK when he was here. The team has really developed alot since his departure. Not saying he was detrimental to the teams development, just saying that young legs are working and working exceptionally well for the Rangers.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:08 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
MPS is so glorified. 3 assists this season. Reminds me of Enver Lisin. All speed, no hands (although he's much smarter). Rather play Feds on the 2nd line.
Agree w/ you on hands, shot need development.
But in addition to speed, he has size, which you can't teach, and seems willing to do dirty work grinding corners.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Originally i wanted to see the Rangers add a defenseman. After watching these guys come together with the current cpor of blueliners I am not so sure they should even mess with it. Especially after Staal returns. I think they have a very solid group. Young, mobile, agile, and even though they maybe lack a physical guy back there overall as a group you can't really argue they are getting the job done.
Any defenseman would have to be a defensive one. It takes time for offensive D to become acclimated to a new system and their new teammates. We saw it not work with McCabe and Kaberle (despite the Bruins winning the Cup) last year, Kim Johnsson two years ago. Brad Stuart worked out pretty well in Detroit a few years ago as a defensive D man. We might be able to find someone with more grit and experience on the backend at the deadline. That's the only deal for a D I would make.

Old
12-13-2011, 11:42 AM
McRanger

Quote:

Was wondering the same thing myself.

With Sauer out this team has one legit right handed D-man. And that is a problem.

Closed Thread