@
Winnipeg Jets (10-11-4)

Saturday, December 3rd
6:00 PM CST / 7:00 PM EST
MTS Centre
Winnipeg, MB

CBC
CBC Radio
CBC.ca for internet streams (Available to Canadians only)

Jets

Ladd - Burmistrov - Wellwood
Kane - Little - Wheeler
Klingberg - Stapleton - Jaffray
Glass - Slater - Thorburn

Byfuglien - Stuart
Oduya - Bogosian
Kulda - Flood

Pavelec (likely)
Mason

Devils

Parise - Henrique - Kovalchuk
Syorka - Elias - Zubrus
Tedenby - Carter - Clarkson
Boulton - Sestito - Janssen

Greene - Larsson
Tallinder - Fayne
Salvador - Volchenkov

Hedberg (confirmed)
Brodeur

Former Manitoba Moose, Atlanta Thrashers goalie Johan Hedberg will get the start vs the Jets. In 8 starts against the former Thrashers, Hedberg has gone 7-1-0 with a 2.23 GAA.

Winnipeg native Travis Zajac will not play against his hometown team this evening as he is still on IR, suffering from a torn Achilles tendon that happened during off season training.

The franchise is currently 0-2-2 in its last four games against the Devils, including a 3-2 overtime loss on the road Nov. 5th.

The Devils are currently on a 3 game losing streak whereas the Jets have won their last game vs the Coyotes.

Jets' last game highlights:

Devils' last game highlights:

Last edited by Klaus: 12-03-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: yt
Old
12-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Excellent! Can't wait.

My girlfriend is going to a Christmas party during this game and I'm not going. But she's making me go to one on the 17th so I'm really mad. Wish I had a girlfriend that appreciated Teemu's return.

12-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Pavelec4MVP
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Awesome stuff JetsetHabs!

Lets do this!
Go Jets Go!

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
12-03-2011, 06:49 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Jets win today and im going to call a Carl Klingberg garbage goal in front of the net!!

Old
12-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Potrzebie

vCash: 112
Going to my first game tonight since 1995. Putting all my vcash on them. They better not disappoint!

GO JETS GO

Old
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM
tbcwpg

vCash: 500
Bittersweet for me as I used to love the Devils as a kid strictly for Brodeur, I played as a goalie because of him. I never have been able to see him play live, and missed the last game they played here against the old Jets (I was 11). Going to this one and he's not even playing! I'll have to try very hard to go to January's game.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:10 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Bittersweet for me as I used to love the Devils as a kid strictly for Brodeur, I played as a goalie because of him. I never have been able to see him play live, and missed the last game they played here against the old Jets (I was 11). Going to this one and he's not even playing! I'll have to try very hard to go to January's game.
Same here marty was my fav growing up but with hedberg starting it kinda sucks not seeing him play

Old
12-03-2011, 09:26 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1001
Couldn't agree more with the disappointment in not seeing Brodeur play. He is easily my all time favorite goalie. He has helped win me more than a couple of hockey pools over the years. I picked this game relatively high in our season ticket draft just to watch Brodeur.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:36 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Same here marty was my fav growing up but with hedberg starting it kinda sucks not seeing him play
I figured we'd see Hedberg one of the two games because of the Moose connection, just too bad it had to be this one. At least they come again, another chance to see him at least.

Old
12-03-2011, 09:59 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 979
The Devils are playing their third game in four days and played last night. Brodeur got pulled after 3 goals on 4 shots so Hedberg is playing two days in a row. As long as we don't fall behind early I see us taking this one.

I like the lines in the first post (given the current injuries). I'd like to see if Burmistrov can raise his game with more ice time and responsibility, similar to Bogosian when Enstrom got hurt.

I haven't been following the Devils so I'm surprised they have a rookie centering their top line and another on their top d pairing. Obviously Larsson was said to be NHL ready at the draft and Henrique scored two against the Jets last time but I didn't know they were top line/pairing at this point.

Old
12-03-2011, 10:25 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Excellent! Can't wait.

My girlfriend is going to a Christmas party during this game and I'm not going. But she's making me go to one on the 17th so I'm really mad. Wish I had a girlfriend that appreciated Teemu's return.
Sounds like a NEW girlfriend might be in order.

Devil's coming off a loss in Minny last night and should be beatable. Is Mason playing?

Old
12-03-2011, 10:30 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
The Devils are playing their third game in four days and played last night. Brodeur got pulled after 3 goals on 4 shots so Hedberg is playing two days in a row. As long as we don't fall behind early I see us taking this one.

I like the lines in the first post (given the current injuries). I'd like to see if Burmistrov can raise his game with more ice time and responsibility, similar to Bogosian when Enstrom got hurt.

I haven't been following the Devils so I'm surprised they have a rookie centering their top line and another on their top d pairing. Obviously Larsson was said to be NHL ready at the draft and Henrique scored two against the Jets last time but I didn't know they were top line/pairing at this point.
Larsson was basically known to be able to step in right away and play. RNH was the obvious number one choice at the draft but the next 4 were interchangeable. The Devils had a big need for a guy like Larsson. No surprise about him.

Henrique is centering that line primarily due to Zajac and Josefson being out, but he's developed some chemistry with those guys. The Devils don't have a deep prospect pool at forward, at least for NHL ready guys, so Henrique has slipped in there.

Old
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
bazaaa*

I didn't catch all of last game, did Klingberg get any ice time?

Old
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Glass Half Full

vCash: 406
So it's the New Jersey Rocky Scout Devils vs the Winnipeg Thrasher Jets. Do I have that right?

Go Go!

Wish we got to see Marty in net tonight, but a nice homecoming for Hedberg is in order - show him that Winnipeg still loves him by gifting him with many pucks in his net.

Old
12-03-2011, 10:52 AM
Damascus

This will be an interesting game certainly..indeed 5-3 Jets

Old
12-03-2011, 11:17 AM
C Plus

vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
So it's the New Jersey Rocky Scout Devils vs the Winnipeg Thrasher Jets. Do I have that right?
No actually that only goes for if you're in a super defensive Coyotes GDT. It is probably best to have all our bases covered though.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:31 AM
GrandChelems

vCash: 2209
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Same for me except Sean Burke. Loved the Jets but loved the Devils too, played goalie b/c of Burke. As a kid I used to see the Devils every time they came to Winnipeg, it was the only time I'd be a fan of another team. I'd hang out by the autographs area in the basement after games ... got so much autographed Devils memorabilia in a box somewhere! Kirk Muller, Sean Burke, even Brendan Shannahan's autograph.

Still hope the Jets kill 'em tonight though.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1350
The chorus to this song includes the lyric "Manitoba, better snows I've never found"...

I've taken that as a clear sign that the Jets will win tonight.

Jets 5 - NJ 2

GO JETS GO!!!

Old
12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Hawker14

I hope the Devils are booed every time they touch the puck ... just to see Penton's tears.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:21 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Devils played last night and should be a little tired.

Go JETS Go!

Old
12-03-2011, 12:39 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 979
Maybe they'll boo Kovalchuk? He did leave this franchise after they offered him tons of money to stay. Personally I'm glad we don't have him. I'm curious what our Atlanta members think of him at this point.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I was glad he passed on that huge contract extension, as good as he is he isn't worth that price.

At the same time he's still one of my favorite players in the league and I follow Jersey solely because of him, Moose and Boults.

Best slap shot in the game and I relish watching it.

Listen to the post at :37. The velocity is just disgusting.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

vCash: 1004
I think it'll be Kovy who gets boo'd tonight.

I don't like the lazy, seven million dollar man.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
I still like Kovy. In fact, I like all old Thrashers on the Devils team. I was a little pissed at Kovy at the time he refused to sign a reasonable contract, but that's water under the bridge. He was the reason I started rooting for the Thrashers in the first place and was my favorite player in the league for like 8 years.

Also, he has one of the filthiest shots in the whole league. You know how Buff got shut down on the PP after like christmas last season and have a problem hitting the net? That wasn't a problem with Kovy.

Edit: That being said, I want us to crush them.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Excellent! Can't wait.

Dump her

Closed Thread