Devils @ Jets | December 3rd | 6PM CT / 7PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 01:07 PM
LittleLaddNamedBurmi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Maybe they'll boo Kovalchuk? He did leave this franchise after they offered him tons of money to stay. Personally I'm glad we don't have him. I'm curious what our Atlanta members think of him at this point.
i miss him =/ probably my favorite current player and i wish we still had him but our team is rock solid and were gonna show him why he should have stayed

Old
12-03-2011, 01:21 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
I hope and think that Kane/Little/Wheeler will have another great game today. These guys have played really well together so far. Let's try to get back to .500 today!

Go Jets Go!

Old
12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Conflicted Habs fan

vCash: 50
I remember when in the late eighties the Devils were known as that "Mickey Mouse" team. The term coined by Wayne Gretzky

Old
12-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
I hope and think that Kane/Little/Wheeler will have another great game today. These guys have played really well together so far. Let's try to get back to .500 today!
+1

Wheeler has been incredible of late.

Everyone mentioned Kane's rush on Little's goal against Phoenix and also Little's good job of burying the rebound on the play, but IIRC no one mentioned the fantastic check that Wheeler made in the neutral zone on the same play to cause a turnover and his followup lightning quick headman pass - the pass that enabled the Kane/Little rush to begin with.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:35 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Poor Zajac not only isn't able to play in his hometown, but wasn't able to travel here with the team.

I have a feeling that most local Winnipeggers (Zajac, Toews, Steen, etc) will get positive receptions when they play here.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
+1

Wheeler has been incredible of late.

Everyone mentioned Kane's rush on Little's goal against Phoenix and also Little's good job of burying the rebound on the play, but IIRC no one mentioned the fantastic check that Wheeler made in the neutral zone on the same play to cause a turnover and his followup lightning quick headman pass - the pass that enabled the Kane/Little rush to begin with.
Him being team leader in +/- might not be a coincidence. But yeah, if he keeps playing like this, I REALLY like the look of the Kane-Little-Wheeler line. The speed of that line is really impressive.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:48 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Lets get to .500!

Old
12-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Jet
More Finnz pls

This game is going to be a good measure for this club.

You are at home, reasonably rested, playing a tired road weary unit. You have a chance to not only get to .500, but pass the team you are playing in the standings.

Will these guys fold to the pressure, or play lights out? I really like the mental fortitude of this team, the leadership and the coaching. I fully expect us to come out and dominate. I think the only way we lose is if Hedberg puts the Devils on his shoulders and carrys them to victory.

Go Jets Go! It's been a long time since I've followed a team that I've expected to win pretty much every game they play, and it's awesome!

12-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Wolf357

Any one know who is starting in Net?
Johan Hedberg "The Moose" was one of the most popular Moose players in the franchises history. I'm currious to see the reception he will get from the fans.
Not sure on how much loyalty their is to the Moose franchise and its players.
I for one will be yelling Moooooooose!!! dont get me wrong I still want him to let in 5 goals if he's playing...

Old
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
Any one know who is starting in Net?
Johan Hedberg "The Moose" was one of the most popular Moose players in the franchises history. I'm currious to see the reception he will get from the fans.
I for one will be yelling Moooooooose!!! dont get me wrong I still want him to let in 5 goals if he's playing...
He was confirmed last night to start tonight.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:11 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
He was confirmed last night to start tonight.
That was prior to his 2 1/2 periods of unexpected play in Minneaplois last night. As he only faced 13 shots in the time he played I still expect him to start.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
I think he'll get a good reception. I only saw him play a few times for the Moose and even then I made a point of watching him on his many stops with different NHL teams.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:24 PM
fergiesbeak

Definetly want to get to .500 tonite.Brodeur not playing probably not good for the jets. He's been on the decline.Never been a fan of the devils.Pretty boring team. Successful but boring. I do have great memories of the man Scott Stevens lighting up opposing forwards crossing the blueline.Just classic. Now a days i think he would be getting calls from shannahan after every game.Glad he played back when they allowed body contact cause he was a highlight reel.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:27 PM
shaunhil

i'm in the states for the weekend and really want to watch the game. does anyone know any reliable streaming sites? Never had to watch off a site so I never paid attention. Thanks

Old
12-03-2011, 02:42 PM
dookers9

Any word on Byfuglien's status for tonight? I gather that he's got himself an "undisclosed injury" and is 'Q' for the Devils?

Old
12-03-2011, 02:47 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1131
Can't wait for tonight's game. Taking my wife to her first Jets game (counting version 1.0). Just got back from getting her some jets gear so she can look the part. Of course had to get some more for myself while we were there. She is a little worried about about the smooch cam in the third after my little guy told her all about it after he came back from his first game (Philly). Calling 4 - 2 with a Little empty netter to close the deal.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunhil View Post
i'm in the states for the weekend and really want to watch the game. does anyone know any reliable streaming sites? Never had to watch off a site so I never paid attention. Thanks
http://www.lshunter.tv/hockey-live-streaming-video.html

Old
12-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Maybe they'll boo Kovalchuk? He did leave this franchise after they offered him tons of money to stay. Personally I'm glad we don't have him. I'm curious what our Atlanta members think of him at this point.
no don't! normally he likes one of the fanbases of the two teams playing to not boo him.

Old
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
I was glad he passed on that huge contract extension, as good as he is he isn't worth that price.

At the same time he's still one of my favorite players in the league and I follow Jersey solely because of him, Moose and Boults.

Best slap shot in the game and I relish watching it.

Listen to the post at :37. The velocity is just disgusting.
Watching this makes me realize Byfuglien's shot from the point isn't even 1% as good as Kovalchuk's.

Old
12-03-2011, 03:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Always a pleasure to watch Kovy play. He's my all time favorite Thrasher and was sort of (along with Heatley) the reason I became a fan. I just think he sort of ruined himself. He'll never be as good as he was in Atlanta on Jersey.

Jets need to win this tonight. Get off to 2-0 in December.

Old
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
RonJon
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Excellent! Can't wait.

My girlfriend is going to a Christmas party during this game and I'm not going. But she's making me go to one on the 17th so I'm really mad. Wish I had a girlfriend that appreciated Teemu's return.
I think an official "I Can't Go To ____________ because... excuse thread should be started that any member can use to make sure something like this never happens again. We must stand and protect each other.

Old
12-03-2011, 03:21 PM
DarthMonty
Makin' saves

I'm pumped - one of the guys sharing our future season tickets called to invite me to the game tonight as his wife can't/doesn't want to go to the game!!! We split our waiting list allotment, but here's the bonus of the wives - they don't always want to go, so we phone each other when that happens.

I'll cheer Hedberg and Kovalchuk when they're introduced, but as soon as the game starts I'll join the booing.

Old
12-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

What games are being shown on the CBC Winnipeg channel for HNIC tonight?

Old
12-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

OT: and also, why was the OT thread closed?

Old
12-03-2011, 03:34 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
What games are being shown on the CBC Winnipeg channel for HNIC tonight?
the jets.......

Closed Thread