HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft: Danger - Bertrand Raymond

Old
11-30-2011, 11:02 AM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

vCash: 500
Draft: Danger - Bertrand Raymond

Or something like that

Too busy to translate

Hopefully someone will step up and earn a star

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/330893.html

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I can probably translate it without reading it.

Basically whines about the Habs' drafting. I saw Giroux's picture, so I'm guessing he obviously brings up his boning man crush of Giroux and blasts the organization for picking Fisher.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Bertrand Raymond article if he didn't bring up language. Considering there's Giroux, I'm sure he also whines about the lack of frenchies.

Basically, some whining and bashing of the organization that pretty much gave him a career.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
MarkovsKnee

Basically, he's blaming Timmins for not drafting Giroux. He writes that Giroux was a player the Habs were scouting heavily but that Timmons advised Gainey to take Fischer.

I think we've been over this one multiple times haven't we?

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I can probably translate it without reading it.

Basically whines about the Habs' drafting. I saw Giroux's picture, so I'm guessing he obviously brings up his boning man crush of Giroux and blasts the organization for picking Fisher.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Bertrand Raymond article if he didn't bring up language. Considering there's Giroux, I'm sure he also whines about the lack of frenchies.

Basically, some whining and bashing of the organization that pretty much gave him a career.
It's pathetic how he's so predictable.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:17 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Lets ask him a few questions.

Would you have taken Price in 2005?
Did you know who Subban was in 2007?
Pacioretty?

I bet you he scrambles.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post

Pacioretty?

I bet you he scrambles.
The man spent 5 days thinking and writing this masterpiece...Gotta give him some time.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Isn't this the guy that railed on Montreal for not taking Perron up until it became clear that Pacioretty was awesome?

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post

Pacioretty?

I bet you he scrambles.
Ask him to name you any of our prospects that don't have last names that are french !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
I just roll my eyes and chuckle every time I see an article by this ass-hat on rds.ca. I've never once read one, either.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

What's this ? A terrible article again.

We could have picked Danick Paquette, or some **** like that instead of PK. **** off with this "Pick players in the Q" ********.

Bertrand Raymond is terrible.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:31 AM
llamateizer

this is

"Giroux a été repêché deux rangs plus tard par les Flyers. Cette gaffe est aujourd'hui monstrueuse. Bien sûr, d'autres équipes ont passé leur tour sur Giroux, mais le Canadien, qui n'a pas souvent l'occasion de réclamer un joueur francophone d'impact, n'avait pas le droit de rater pareille occasion."

Giroux was drafted two picks later (reffering about Fisher) by the Flyers. This is now monstrous blunder. Of course, other teams have passed on in turn Giroux, but the Canadian, who has little opportunity to claim a french player speaking of impact, had no right to miss such an opportunity.

later in this article

"Si la loterie de la Ligue nationale avait permis au Canadien de profiter du quatrième choix au lieu du cinquième, c'est Benoît Pouliot que l'équipe aurait réclamé. ... Il avait la carrure voulue avec ses six pieds, trois pouces et ses 200 livres. Et il était Francophone.

Dans son évaluation finale, le Canadien n'avait sans doute pas remarqué que Pouliot avait un problème qui se situait entre le coeur et la volonté. Comme quoi les plus petits détails peuvent parfois conduire aux plus grandes erreurs.

L'acquisition de Pouliot aurait fait régresser le Canadien de quelques années. Celle de Price lui permet de vivre d'espoir."

"If the lottery of the National League allowed the Canadians to enjoy the fourth instead of fifth choice is Benoit Pouliot that the team would have claimed. ... He had the stature required with six feet, three inches and 200 pounds. And he was Francophone.

In its final assessment, the Canadian had probably not noticed that Pouliot had a problem that was between the heart and will. Like what the smallest details can sometimes lead to major errors.

The acquisition of Pouliot would have set back the Canadian a few years. Price of one that permits a life of hope"

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
hahaha, what a ****-face

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:33 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

the sad part really is that most people in the province listen to these ass clowns...

just the other day i was having an argument with a french guy from montreal. he was adamant that AK was a ****ing useless, lazy bum this season, he couldn't wait to 'give him away'...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:35 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
this is

"Giroux a été repêché deux rangs plus tard par les Flyers. Cette gaffe est aujourd'hui monstrueuse. Bien sûr, d'autres équipes ont passé leur tour sur Giroux, mais le Canadien, qui n'a pas souvent l'occasion de réclamer un joueur francophone d'impact, n'avait pas le droit de rater pareille occasion."

Giroux was drafted two picks later (reffering about Fisher) by the Flyers. This is now monstrous blunder. Of course, other teams have passed on in turn Giroux, but the Canadian, who has little opportunity to claim a french player speaking of impact, had no right to miss such an opportunity.

later in this article

"Si la loterie de la Ligue nationale avait permis au Canadien de profiter du quatrième choix au lieu du cinquième, c'est Benoît Pouliot que l'équipe aurait réclamé. ... Il avait la carrure voulue avec ses six pieds, trois pouces et ses 200 livres. Et il était Francophone.

Dans son évaluation finale, le Canadien n'avait sans doute pas remarqué que Pouliot avait un problème qui se situait entre le coeur et la volonté. Comme quoi les plus petits détails peuvent parfois conduire aux plus grandes erreurs.

L'acquisition de Pouliot aurait fait régresser le Canadien de quelques années. Celle de Price lui permet de vivre d'espoir."

"If the lottery of the National League allowed the Canadians to enjoy the fourth instead of fifth choice is Benoit Pouliot that the team would have claimed. ... He had the stature required with six feet, three inches and 200 pounds. And he was Francophone.

In its final assessment, the Canadian had probably not noticed that Pouliot had a problem that was between the heart and will. Like what the smallest details can sometimes lead to major errors.

The acquisition of Pouliot would have set back the Canadian a few years. Price of one that permits a life of hope"
Man, this guy is ****ing terrible. I wish he could just ****ing retire.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Man, this guy is ****ing terrible. I wish he could just ****ing retire.
He did but RDS brought him back !

Old
11-30-2011, 11:37 AM
EnfantBatard

And anyway, french people don't want to play in Montreal, otherwise they would understand all the **** they say in the media.

I hate Bertrand Raymong, he always pisses me off. All that negativity.

EnfantBatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
the sad part really is that most people in the province listen to these ass clowns...

just the other day i was having an argument with a french guy from montreal. he was adamant that AK was a ****ing useless, lazy bum this season, he couldn't wait to 'give him away'...
The worst part is that this guy still has a job, media bosses don't actually care whether an article has any merit, just that it is entertaining and people talk about it, because they are in the entertainment business. How about some measured thoughts?

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
this is

later in this article

With the way Gainey always spoke of Price, I strongly doubt we'd have picked Pouliot over him.
Gainey never went out of his way to pick Quebecers, and Raymond says that himself, so it makes no sense that he would have done it then. Just a way for him to bash the Habs as he loves to do it.

I can't believe some people actually facebook liked his article...

Old
11-30-2011, 11:46 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnfantBatard View Post
And anyway, french people don't want to play in Montreal, otherwise they would understand all the **** they say in the media.

I hate Bertrand Raymong, he always pisses me off. All that negativity.
Yesterday RDS had an interview with a French Canadian that plays for the Ducks, and the journalist asked him. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word Montreal. He said " the media is a zoo ".

Edit : Maxime Macenauer

Last edited by PunkinDrublic*: 11-30-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old
11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Yesterday RDS had an interview with a French Canadian that plays for the Ducks, and the journalist asked him. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word Montreal. He said " the media is a zoo ".
Demers of the Sharks said the same thing. When asked what is the first thing that comes to mind when I say Montreal, he responded ''the media''.

Old
11-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
With the way Gainey always spoke of Price, I strongly doubt we'd have picked Pouliot over him.
Gainey never went out of his way to pick Quebecers, and Raymond says that himself, so it makes no sense that he would have done it then. Just a way for him to bash the Habs as he loves to do it.

I'm not surprised at all.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:54 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Quote:
Combien de fois avons-nous entendu un haut dirigeant du Canadien nous affirmer qu'il est particulièrement difficile pour l'équipe de mettre le grappin sur un joueur d'impact au repêchage quand l'équipe parle à mi-chemin en première ronde.
"How many times have we heard from upper management of the Canadiens confirming that it is particularly hard for the team to put their hands on an impact player in the first round when they draft at the mid-way point."

Geez Bertrand, I don't know. Give or take about the same amount of times you ***** about Timmins drafting Fischer over Giroux.

Get. Over. It. And retire again while you're at it.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 11:58 AM
llamateizer

Quote:

I quoted G.Bertrand
"Timmins et son personnel avaient établi très clairement qu'il(Benoit Pouliot) serait leur premier choix"

"Timmins and his staff had made ​​it clear that he (Benoit Pouliot) would be their first choice"

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:02 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

So he now blames the Habs for MAYBE taking Pouliot if he was available?

Hey Bertrand, tu suces des grosses.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:04 PM
onebighockeyfan

Bertrand Raymond is such a sad case. I'm so fed up of him, his continuous Habs rant.
He's a french version of Dave Stubbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Or something like that

Too busy to translate

Hopefully someone will step up and earn a star

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/330893.html

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote