HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/12/11: Leafs vs Bruins | Ladies and Gentleman JAMES REIMER | 7:00 PM | CBC HNIC

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Captain Clutch 13

vCash: 500
I had a hunch Wilson would pull this, he did this last year once I believe. It keeps the media off Reimers back but Im not sure that effects a guy like Reimer. But who cares, OPTIMUS REIM HAS RETURNED!

Old
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
leafsbleu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Grit is good when they also have skill. I don't mind if we have Orr against the Sens because those games are generally 1 goal games with or without him.

The Bruins have blown us out three times now (I know the third one doesn't really reflect how tight the game was if not for a few lapses/penalties but it's still 6 goals).

In those games you just can't have Orr for 3-4 minutes on the ice...you need better from your 4th line.

The Bruins have a gritty + tough fourth line. Shawn Thornton, Paille and Campbell.

Our best 4th line is probably the one that doesn't have Orr. I'd rather have Rosehill..
I agree with most of what you said but going on the same principle , How can you argue that Rosehill is a better 4th liner than Orr ? Orr has more grit and truculence than Rosehill and can handle Looch and Thornton more easily than Rosehill. Also as far as playmaking goes, It would be a near even debate between those two, So I'd say that go with Orr.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Habs play well against the Bruins. Habs are a small, speedy team; that uses the line chemistry to get things done.
Looking at our line-up, it seems like that is what we are doing. 3 speedy lines. repetitively good chemistry between them.

Lets not get fooled into a muscle battle.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Terrence

vCash: 1026
I wants Reimer. 'omnomnom

Old
12-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Pi

Old
12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
DaveT83*

this is gonna be painful to watch!

Old
12-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

^@Pi: Beat me to it

Old
12-03-2011, 11:14 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

darenmillard Daren Millard
Arash Madani reporting reimer will start vs Bruins. What a first game back. More on HC saturday @ 6pm et

Old
12-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Saul Goodman
Attorney at law

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
I don't think our shortcoming physically against the Bruins are due to lack of enforcing.

Where we don't compete against them is where the top 6 is concerned. We all know how tough the Bruins team is, but we are severely outclassed in that regard in the top 6. Lupul and Kulemin as the most physically imposing forwards is bordering on sad, especially against that team.

I'm not worried about the Bruins "running around" so much as them running us over. Our defense doesn't lack that presence, but I really wish we were more like that team up front.
well, i'd have to say i agree with that. i wasn't trying to say it was our shortcoming or that it would be a real game breaker. i just don't want to see phaneuf or schenn sucked into fighting someone who will KO or possibly injure them. just having orr there for the possibilty of keeping guys like lucic honest would be a bonus, wether it works or not.

i think our top 6 has enough size to get it done though. some guys like mac, grabo and frattin aren't the biggest players but aren't afraid to take hits and go to the dirty areas. they can make up for their lack of size if they use their speed to their advantage, IMO.

i also like how our scoring is spread around the 3 lines for tonight. connolly and mac seem to have some nice chemistry and keeping grabo and kulemin away from chara on the 3rd line could work quite nicely. grabovski always seems to put up points against the bruins, so hopefully he can get kulemin on the scoresheet tonight too.

Old
goleafsgo88

Would've liked to see Gus get the start, and Reimer to get in on Monday. No Orr in the lineup (and Brown, Rosehill, etc.). This concerns me - we did see what Lucic did to Miller right?

Old
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
this is gonna be painful to watch!

At what point since ;67 has it been otherwise?

Every year they end up being losers.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
Old
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
well, i'd have to say i agree with that. i wasn't trying to say it was our shortcoming or that it would be a real game breaker. i just don't want to see phaneuf or schenn sucked into fighting someone who will KO or possibly injure them. just having orr there for the possibilty of keeping guys like lucic honest would be a bonus, wether it works or not.
For curiousity how many fights has Orr had this year?

Is there concussion concern?

Old
12-03-2011, 11:22 AM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Reimer is in!!!!:

Jonas Siegel
Quote:
Confirmed: Reimer starts
Lance Hornby:
Quote:
Reimer starts tonight v Boston.
Arash Madani:
Quote:
Reimer just told us he is starting tonight. #Leafs
Rob Longley:
Quote:
Reimer is in tonight. #Leafs
Steve Simmons:
Quote:
The Leafs are 0-and-3 against the Bruins, having been outscored 19-5 in 3 games vs Boston without Reimer in goal. Tonite: It's Reimer-Time.
Eric Gage:
Quote:
To the relief of #leafs fans, jimmy back in nets tonight against the #Bruins #mustseetv
Daren Millard:
Quote:
Arash Madani reporting reimer will start vs Bruins. What a first game back. More on HC saturday @ 6pm et
TSNScottyMac AKA Scott MacArthur:
Quote:
Assuming Ron Wilson saw on Wednesday night that his team can beat Boston but fell short in goaltending dept. Good move. #Leafs #Bruins #NHL

Last edited by GoHardSports: 12-03-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: More quotes
Old
12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
russmatuss

He's baaaaaack.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Hero
Buffy is Back

Go leafs! I bet all my vCash on Boston, just in case we don't lose at least I get something out of it.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Starting Reimer is a no-lose situation.

He's rusty.
They are the Cup Champs.

Lose - expected.
Win - genius.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
vezna*
Canada's Team

glad he's back but i honestly don't expect him to be on top form right now.

hope he doesn't get hurt. idc if we lose.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
The Beyonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoMarleauLeafs View Post
Reimer is in!!!!:

Welcome back Optimus Reim.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:26 AM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by russmatuss View Post
He's baaaaaack.

holy crap.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:28 AM
MoreMogilny
Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post

i think our top 6 has enough size to get it done though. some guys like mac, grabo and frattin aren't the biggest players but aren't afraid to take hits and go to the dirty areas. they can make up for their lack of size if they use their speed to their advantage, IMO.

i also like how our scoring is spread around the 3 lines for tonight. connolly and mac seem to have some nice chemistry and keeping grabo and kulemin away from chara on the 3rd line could work quite nicely. grabovski always seems to put up points against the bruins, so hopefully he can get kulemin on the scoresheet tonight too.
Fair enough, I don't want Phaneuf/Schenn fighting either and getting it handed to them.

The issue I have is that the top two lines are both kinda built the same way physically.

I have no problem with having those smaller guys, and I'm not saying that I think we are filled with soft players, because we aren't, it's just that I think we could use a top 6 player of significant physical ability to help improve our forecheck/toughness.

Guys like Kessel, Connolly, Bozak, MacArthur, and Grabovski are all good players, but when they're all playing in the top 6 (even though Grabo isn't at the moment) then you're team isn't exactly striking a lot of fear into opposing defenses. It's also not like Kulemin and Lupul are either, they're just a but stronger.

12-03-2011, 11:28 AM
The Beyonder

Old
12-03-2011, 11:29 AM
GoHardSports
TorontoMarleauLeafs

Looks like Ronnie made this decision 3 days ago:

Darren Millard:
Quote:
Did it come to him in a dream? Lol"@ArashMadani: Wilson said he made the decision to start Reimer tonight "about three days ago." #Leafs"

Old
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Reims starting woo

Old
BonMorrison
Roman Josi is bae.

Reimer's gonna get shelled which is gonna cue Bruin fans making jokes about how "we still suck even with our #1 goalie back."

**** this team up, Buds.

Old
12-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Pi

Reimer is 3-1-0 2.46 GAA .930 against the Bruins, I'm still expecting a loss, he's just come back, and no matter how much you practice, game speed is always tough to handle when you're back from an injury.

If he proves me wrong then great , but really, after losing 3 straight to the Bruins, it's a no lose situation like ULF said.

Closed Thread