HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12/3/11 New Jersey Devils @ Winnipeg Jets - 7 PM, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 06:09 PM
DevsDynasty3*

vCash: 500
Boston and class?

Does not compute.

Bunch of chowds.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedenby21 View Post
Brodeur is clearly washed up
Oh no, far from it. I shudder to think of what Boston would have been like if they unloaded Thomas after the 2009-2010 season.

The point is that for a period of time for the franchise Rask (Hedberg) was getting the support from his team and pulling out wins. Thomas (Brodeur) sat until it was time to jump back in and lead the team.

Judging by the responses from people here the Brodeur love is understandably deep and there will be people who will never be happy if someone else is in net.

I guess tonight is a great chance for Hedberg to get New Jersey another win while they wait for Brodeur to find his game or whatever it is that is making him play the way he is.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsPride3 View Post
Boston and class?

Does not compute.

Bunch of chowds.
What the hell does Boston have to do with a healthy debate about Hedberg and Brodeur? One is winning and looking good while the other is struggling.

It appears to me (and many Brodeur defenders) that the team is playing more defensively in front of Hedberg and hanging Broduer out to dry where he is getting lit up. If that is the case, then why not go with the goalie who is getting the team wins?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
apice3*

I'm the leader of the Hedberg over Brodeur argument, but I'm taking offense of an outsider coming in and being condescending about it.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Oh no, far from it. I shudder to think of what Boston would have been like if they unloaded Thomas after the 2009-2010 season.

The point is that for a period of time for the franchise Rask (Hedberg) was getting the support from his team and pulling out wins. Thomas (Brodeur) sat until it was time to jump back in and lead the team.

Judging by the responses from people here the Brodeur love is understandably deep and there will be people who will never be happy if someone else is in net.

I guess tonight is a great chance for Hedberg to get New Jersey another win while they wait for Brodeur to find his game or whatever it is that is making him play the way he is.
I'll try to say this in the nicest way possible. If you don't watch all the games and see what is going on don't comment on things. If you actually saw what was going on you would know that Marty has been standing on his head and pulling **** out of his ass. It is the team in front of him and they don't play consistently. It's a new coach, new system, rookies playing big roles, and there are some injuries.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:13 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Sorry. It is so hard to keep track of everyone, especially since I can't read it all. Reading people complaining just gives me headaches so I avoid it. I'll comment on something every once in a while to try and bring sanity back.
You lost your sanity privileges when you signed up for HF as a Devils fan.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
A win tonight would be great. But either way I drink beer...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
You lost your sanity privileges when you signed up for HF as a Devils fan.
I lost my sanity a long time ago.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:16 PM
AirheadPete
G-Dub

like it or not, "coach parker" has a good argument

Old
12-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
I don't understand the point of going to a team's board and kicking them while their down.

"Brodeur sucks. He's washed up. Nothing left in the tank."

Oh gee, thanks for letting us know. We feel better about the loss now.

You'd think a Bruins fan would be a little more classy, especially since Thomas was ****ing putrid a few years ago, but I guess not.
What the hell are you talking about? I am a Larsson, Kovalchuk and Parise fan and tune into New Jersey games often! I also stated that when I came on the GDT to discuss the goalie situation and I even brought up the Thomas situation as a great example of having faith in a goalie but starting the hot hand until he finds his game again.

I haven't kicked the team at all and was hoping for some dialogue on the topic but your board didn't have a thread so the GDT was the place to go.

With any luck, Hedberg pulls out the win and Brodeur finds his game or the players in front of him do.

Clearly, many people can't discuss the topic without taking it personal.

Cheers

Old
12-03-2011, 06:17 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
What the hell does Boston have to do with a healthy debate about Hedberg and Brodeur? One is winning and looking good while the other is struggling.

It appears to me (and many Brodeur defenders) that the team is playing more defensively in front of Hedberg and hanging Broduer out to dry where he is getting lit up. If that is the case, then why not go with the goalie who is getting the team wins?
My honest, non-defensive answer: they want to give Marty the chance to get in a groove. I don't think it's more complicated than that. Also, Hedberg is 38 years old.

I saw a guy at the Canucks/Bluejackets game last week wearing a Bruins sweater and Bruins hat, was that you?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? I am a Larsson, Kovalchuk and Parise fan and tune into New Jersey games often! I also stated that when I came on the GDT to discuss the goalie situation and I even brought up the Thomas situation as a great example of having faith in a goalie but starting the hot hand until he finds his game again.

I haven't kicked the team at all and was hoping for some dialogue on the topic but your board didn't have a thread so the GDT was the place to go.

With any luck, Hedberg pulls out the win and Brodeur finds his game or the players in front of him do.

Cheers
I wouldn't be too surprised to see something like a 46-36 split of games between the two favoring either one, depending on who gets hot mid-season. It just seems as if Brodeur is unlucky about which games he's playing because all the blowouts and "look at all the ****s I give" kind of individual moments happen when he's in net. I'd go as far as saying that he single-handedly stole every win he has gotten thus far.

You can't call a goalie washed up when he keeps standing on his head and making 3 or 4 highlight saves every game he plays.

Also, being a Bruins fan in BC, how the hell are you still alive after the finals?

Old
12-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
My honest, non-defensive answer: they want to give Marty the chance to get in a groove. I don't think it's more complicated than that. Also, Hedberg is 38 years old.

I saw a guy at the Canucks/Bluejackets game last week wearing a Bruins sweater and Bruins hat, was that you?
Okay, thank you for replying to my question. Your answer implies that they are going to keep running out Brodeur in hopes that he finds his stride and more importantly, the team in front of him finds their defensive game as well. That would explain not putting out Hedberg despite the numbers. Thank you.

No, it wasn't me. Last game I was at was the Sharks game and the box I was in wouldn't let me wear any team but the Sharks.

Cheers

Old
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
apice3*

Quote:

Cheers
You're an outsider talking down of our franchise's best player. Think about that for a second.

Look, I agree entirely with the Hedberg over Brodeur argument. Believe me, I've taken my own share of flack from my fellow Devils fans, although some are starting to come around to what I'm saying.

The problem is your a Bruins fans, and it's not your position to say the things your saying without pissing people off.

It would be the equivalent of me going to the Bruins board and ripping on the later years of Orr or Bourque, had HF been around back then. It's just not something that's in good taste.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:25 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Coach Parker, you have to excuse some people in here. I apologize on their behalf for the rude behavior.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
I lost my sanity a long time ago.
I can't lose something I never had

Old
12-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised to see something like a 46-36 split of games between the two favoring either one, depending on who gets hot mid-season. It just seems as if Brodeur is unlucky about which games he's playing because all the blowouts and "look at all the ****s I give" kind of individual moments happen when he's in net. I'd go as far as saying that he single-handedly stole every win he has gotten thus far.

You can't call a goalie washed up when he keeps standing on his head and making 3 or 4 highlight saves every game he plays.
Thanks! Reminds me of the Toronto game where he made some incredible saves but the scoresheet dictated otherwise. I keep waiting for the team to play a more sound defensive game in front of him like they do for Hedberg but sometimes it just happens that a team plays a different game for each goalie.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring Trap View Post
Coach Parker, you have to excuse some people in here. I apologize on their behalf for the rude behavior.
I don't see why you have to do that. You come in as a fan as an other team and ask a question to already crazy and frustrated people. What kind of responses do you expect?

The Devils board isn't known for its sanity...

Old
12-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post

Also, being a Bruins fan in BC, how the hell are you still alive after the finals?
However, you can call him inconsistent. That`s what he is ATM. Again, just saying. With all the injuries, at this stage of his career, it`s pretty much expected.

Probably knows Lucic personally. lol

Old
EnglishDevil

vCash: 359
Does anyone else share the opinion that Sykora just isn't a good option in the top 6 for this team? I know he has 11 points this season, but truthfully i feel like the majority of that production is directly due to the play of Elias than anything else.

I don't legitimately believe that Sykoras production couldn't have been matched by Tedenby or someone else should they have had the opportunity to play with Elias and Zubrus for 24 games. I feel like the line already has one (in my opinion better) complementary player in Zubrus, who does a lot of little things right; and that Sykora just doesn't contribute enough to really warrant a place on that line.

I know he has chemistry with Elias, i understand the argument that he probably wouldn't produce much at all on one of the lower lines, but at this point i just feel as though keeping that line together for the sake of it is redundant, especially with the return of Zajac.

I'm not saying that Sykora has no worth, he's a veteran player with some notable qualities; i just can't say that i have been impressed enough by him to legitimately believe he's top 6 material at this point in his career. I feel like our second line could be so much more productive if Sykora was swapped out with Tedenby or Henrique (should he shift to wing upon the return of Zajac).

Not hating on Sykora at all, i just wonder if Elias could use some more creative help on his line rather than having to carry that entire line by himself.

Old
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Thanks! Reminds me of the Toronto game where he made some incredible saves but the scoresheet dictated otherwise. I keep waiting for the team to play a more sound defensive game in front of him like they do for Hedberg but sometimes it just happens that a team plays a different game for each goalie.
The team plays tighter for Moose because they know he can't even handle the puck outside the crease to save his life.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:30 PM
The Great Dame
Blame Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post

The latter.
I should've known.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:31 PM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
I'm telling you for certain I have not bashed Brodeur once. As soon as you realize that, you might actually start to agree with what I'm saying.

If you want to bring up stats, they're not even close to comparable. Brodeur has been worlds better than his awful stats suggest, but something isn't adding up.

I'd go on my tangent about the team's effort varying with who is in net, but some people (not you, specifically) think I'm ripping on Brodeur (which I'm not) so I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

-Okay maybe its not your intentions but that is the way its coming off though. However, thats the way a few users are coming off lately and its hard to tell who is serious. I am only defending Marty against the bashing and all that other crap. Look I am not stupid I can see Marty is having a bad two games but they weren't all his fault though. People acting like Moose is the savior of the team all of sudden and Lou should just trade Marty away to get someone else.

-I know Brodeur has been better then what his stats say now. I was just throwing it out there because people keep talking about how Moose stats talk for themselves.

-As far as the team playing different in front of Moose and Marty I would have to disagree. I mean we all have seen the team act the same way on more then one occasion the same way for both goalies.

Okay time to agree to disagree............

Old
12-03-2011, 06:31 PM
JK3
Blech

This game needs to start soon. It's full blown insanity in here.

Old
12-03-2011, 06:32 PM
SixStringAddict

MSG+ what is this college basketball bs. Put on the pregame

Closed Thread