HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

12/3/11 New Jersey Devils @ Winnipeg Jets - 7 PM, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Zeon View Post
he has turned over the puck in other games, but just as much as other players on the team (which includes our D-men)

Also, higher icetime and playing roles you never play CORRELATES with turnovers.
Quote:
Acutally it's:

We lose: No criticism of the team, just Kovalchuk. He deserves it over the whole team who plays bad. Objective criticism bro.
Yeah, people blame him only.

He hasn`t had any turnovers before, only in the last two games...oh wait, backpeddling...he has, but others have too! Not as bad as his? But it correlates with icetime!

Objective opinion as usual, bro.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:30 PM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
someday we'll terrify the league again
Like this...LGD!!!

Old
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Hey guys! So nice to go into an opposing team's GDT and not have it filled with derogatory stuff about the Jets and Winnipeg
That's because we're busy filling it with derogatory stuff toward Kovy.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

Quote:
he has turned over the puck in other games, but just as much as other players on the team (which includes our D-men)

Also, higher icetime and playing roles you never play CORRELATES with turnovers.
no. he turns it over way more than anyone on the team. he is supposed to be the best player but he literally passes the puck to the other team sometimes.

obviously people with more ice time are going to have more turn overs, thats a given. but if deboer is going to gift him ice time with his ****** play then i have a problem with that.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Yeah, people blame him only.

He hasn`t had any turnovers before, only in the last two games...oh wait, backpeddling...he has, but others have too! Not as bad as his? But it correlates with ice-time!

Objective opinion as usual, bro.
I agree man, nobody has turnovers in the league. I think if anyone has more then 1, no matter if the coach is playing them over 25 minutes a game, they deserve to be benched.

stupid contract, DAMN 6.6 CAP HIT. Not a hater bro, want to see him play his best. using my objectivity.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Acutally it's:

We lose: No criticism of the team, just Kovalchuk. He deserves it over the whole team who plays bad. Objective criticism bro.
kovy has 31 turnovers this season. that's not just as much as anyone. he's leading the league in that category. the closest guy to him on our team is a rookie, larsson, and it's 8 less. after that it's elias with 14 less. i am not a kovy hater by any means. he needs to take much better care of the puck. end of story. there's no defending him on this.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:35 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
He turns the puck over everywhere. He does it when we're on the cycle, killing the offensive possession. He does it at the blue line when we're on the PP, leading to a shorthanded breakaway. He does it crossing the blue line, killing the rush and sending an odd man rush the other way. He does it at our own blue line by not clearing the puck, and pins our gassed defencemen in for an extra 30 seconds. He does it in our defensive slot as the last man back, directly causing a goal against.

When is he going to learn that he can't do this, that he can never be an effective impact player if he has no responsibility with the puck?

Old
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
I agree man, nobody has turnovers in the league. I think if anyone has more then 1, no matter if the coach is playing them over 25 minutes a game, they deserve to be benched.

stupid contract, DAMN 6.6 CAP HIT. Not a hater bro, want to see him play his best. using my objectivity.
This is such a great post. There`s literally nothing to add.

Seriously, you must be brain-dead if you think this is what I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Nut View Post
kovy has 31 turnovers this season. that's not just as much as anyone. he's leading the league in that category. the closest guy to him on our team is a rookie, larsson, and it's 8 less. after that it's elias with 14 less. i am not a kovy hater by any means. he needs to take much better care of the puck. end of story. there's no defending him on this.
And they don`t even count everything as a turnover. Last game was a great example of that.

Stop lying, you must be!

Old
12-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
This is such a great post. There`s literally nothing to add.

Seriously, you must be brain-dead if you think this is what I think.
it is what you think. it's called being in denial about it.

Old
HeliDevil
Legendary

kovy also leads the league in time on ice per shift. maybe he should take shorter shifts so he's not so tired chasing a player after he has given it up.

Old
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

Quote:

you're not being objective at all. there is nothing objective about saying more icetime = more turnovers.

also, there is a difference between being stripped of the puck, and PASSING it to the other team.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Tao Jones

59 minute effort tonight guys. Please.

Old
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ned Stark View Post
you're not being objective at all. there is nothing objective about saying more icetime = more turnovers.

also, there is a difference between being stripped of the puck, and PASSING it to the other team.
eh, i don't agree with hz but the more you're on the ice, the more likely it is that you'll have more turnovers. however, certainly not at the rate he is giving the puck away. especially this much more only a little more than a quarter of the way through the season.

Old
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
it is what you think. it's called being in denial about it.
Whoa, guys we have a mind reader amongst us. Be careful what you think.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
I'm almost positive we lead the league in giveaways, and everybody on the team has been bad about being responsible with the puck, but Kovy leading the team in this dubious statistic by such a wide margin is telling.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:

Again, it's a small sample of games. He has a couple bad games with turnovers which skewed his stats for the worse. But the fact is that his game is only improving now and he is going to get red hot like he always does.

People are acting like Kovalchuk is some rookie who's never proven that he doesn't turn the puck over all the time. It's wrong because you can just look at last season where he dominated. Basically, people are always ready to attack the guy. Last season, during the Lemaire era, those people felt like complete morons because he was just dominating and there was no way to criticize him.

After Kovalchuk's 6 game break, he's been starting to produce at a great rate. The turnovers will slow down, he has some bad streaks sometimes but then he has some good streaks that last MUCH longer then the bad streaks.

There's no optimism in a lot of people, or really the better term is patience. Kovalchuk is proven, and he will dominate again and do what he does best. He just receives too much criticism because there are the people who have personal vendettas against him, and they are morons. It's a simple equation

Kovalchuk hater = Complete moron with no hockey knowledge and probably no experience of ever playing hockey at all.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Lord Ned Stark*
it feels grapes

Quote:
eh, i don't agree with hz but the more you're on the ice, the more likely it is that you'll have more turnovers. however, certainly not at the rate he is giving the puck away. especially this much more only a little more than a quarter of the way through the season.
to me its not about the rate at which he is giving it away but rather the quality scoring chances the other teams are getting from his boneheaded decisions.. theres a difference if you turn it over when you're behind the opponents net to turning it over being the last one back.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Crimson Devil*

Quote:
Whoa, guys we have a mind reader amongst us. Be careful what you think.
i read your posts. there's a cool search function on the bottom which you can click, "search my posts". You'll get my point.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:46 PM
DevsDynasty3*

Quote:
Again, it's a small sample of games. He has a couple bad games with turnovers which skewed his stats for the worse. But the fact is that his game is only improving now and he is going to get red hot like he always does.

People are acting like Kovalchuk is some rookie who's never proven that he doesn't turn the puck over all the time. It's wrong because you can just look at last season where he dominated. Basically, people are always ready to attack the guy. Last season, during the Lemaire era, those people felt like complete morons because he was just dominating and there was no way to criticize him.

After Kovalchuk's 6 game break, he's been starting to produce at a great rate. The turnovers will slow down, he has some bad streaks sometimes but then he has some good streaks that last MUCH longer then the bad streaks.

There's no optimism in a lot of people, or really the better term is patience. Kovalchuk is proven, and he will dominate again and do what he does best. He just receives too much criticism because there are the people who have personal vendettas against him, and they are morons. It's a simple equation

Kovalchuk hater = Complete moron with no hockey knowledge and probably no experience of ever playing hockey at all.
I really don't know where to start.

Objectivity is difficult.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:48 PM
guyincognito

man, I had to log in for this to even be readable

Old
12-03-2011, 02:49 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:

i'm not so sure that it's too small of a sample size. he's first in turnovers so far this year. was first last year. 14th in 09-10.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

My GDT's have Draids.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

anyone who thinks kovalchuk hasn't been a turnover machine the past month is kidding themselves.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Tedenby21
Boo's Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
My GDT's have Draids.
Nothing can cure us, the infection has set in.

Old
12-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
i read your posts. there's a cool search function on the bottom which you can click, "search my posts". You'll get my point.
You obviously skipped every second post or just don`t understand them. Not my fault.

What point? I`m no friggen Kovy hater. Wake up. I wouldn`t even talk about him if people were not making stupid excuses for his play and calling each other out. That`s what pisses me off.

Honestly, I don`t expect you to understand. Have a great day.

Closed Thread