HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luke Adam vs Marc Andre GlutenFree

Old
11-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Jame
Dream '16

vCash: 500
Luke Adam vs Marc Andre GlutenFree

I need to understand how one rookie can be incredibly successful on a top scoring line, producing on a nightly basis, while making rookie mistakes that lead to him getting yanked off the hottest line in hockey...

while another rookie can play like absolute garbage, while a more proven young defender sits in the press box, night after night after night...

What the **** is going on???

Why is GlutenFree still on the PP??? I know their are injuries... but the guy is completely useless in every way. He's terrible defensively, he's softer then my dog's tummy, he is weak, he makes bad decisions, turns the puck over, never shoots, :r ant:

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Gragnani got something on Ruff.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:41 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I'm going to be livid at how close he was to Ehrhoff on the 5 on 3 all ****ing night. Nielsen didn't even play the shot despite Ehrhoff giving Grags a pass in his wheelhouse three ****ing times.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

You are right, Grags is garbage. Half this team is. No one calls out Gerbe or Stafford but those 2 also have been trash.

Layne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:42 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Myllz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Gragnani got something on Ruff.
Like dating Ruff's college-age daughter?

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
that's honestly the only possible explanation right? I mean it's that, or Ruff is just a ****ing clown fooling the city of Buffalo for over a decade.

im not trying to be hyperbolic, Marc Andre GlutenFree is AWFUL. He's the worst defensemen to pull on a Sabres sweater since Jeff Jillson... and yes, Mike Funk and Mike Card both dressed AFTER that.

Old
11-29-2011, 08:50 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
that's honestly the only possible explanation right? I mean it's that, or Ruff is just a ****ing clown fooling the city of Buffalo for over a decade.

im not trying to be hyperbolic, Marc Andre GlutenFree is AWFUL. He's the worst defensemen to pull on a Sabres sweater since Jeff Jillson... and yes, Mike Funk and Mike Card both dressed AFTER that.
Hey, she's kinda hot right? Maybe not as much as Ms. Paulina Gretzky, but I remember seeing a picture somewhere or something and she was attractive.

Anyway, your thoughts on Doug Janik or Rory Fitzpatrick in relation to Gragnani?

Old
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

A few weeks ago, I liked Gragnani more than anyone I knew, and most of the people on this board. I thought he'd turn it around in a big way and score 45-50 points.

Now I've almost lost hope. God is he awful. Ruff needs to sit him down NOW.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

I think that you are blaming grags and its unrealistic. He certainly lacks refined confidence on the powerplay. However he has a smart transition game and i believe that he was responsible for leino and his open net.

i blame the assistant coaches for luke adam. luke adam is not an end to end rush player and they have him being the guy. he is good along the boards and has great passing vision. its just disapointing.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
Pegula's daughter is a big fan of him for some reason.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
MGIII
Legendary

Weber is injured.

MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
Weber is injured.
yea, i get it, we are stuck with him at the moment...

but he should've been the 3rd option... they guy seeing ice time NOW, after 4 guys got injured... not an opening day starter on a team pretending to compete for a cup.

wtf is going on.... it makes no sense....

Old
11-29-2011, 08:55 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Pegula's daughter is a big fan of him for some reason.
So that's the secret to getting ahead in life, eh? Being a ladies man with your bosses daughters? Weird, doesn't that usually get you the shotgun, shovel, and 5 acres treatment? Cause him figuratively getting that via release or bus ticket to Rochester would definitely be appropriate.

Old
11-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Afino
The Juice

Free Joe Finley.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
SoFFacet

I hate how he always wwwwwaaaaaiiiiiiiitttttssss to make whatever pass he eventually makes. I swear most of the of the stand-still zone entries and stand-still power plays can be linked directly to him inexplicably standing still with the puck while his teammates reach their destinations and then stare wondering wtf he's doing.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 09:39 PM
Whammer

As I said to Chain tonight, Ehrhoff should give Grags some of his salary. I've never seen a guy pass on an open shot and then pass it off to his d-man partner. Though tonight he did shoot more than I've even seen him shoot.

As I've said before, he looks like he's skating in sand and he is just so timid out there. I know he has to play now, but he hasn't shown the same play that endeared him to Lindy in the Flyers series.

I don't get it either Jame and I hate hime just as much, maybe more than you.

Whammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 01:02 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I agree and certainly think you have a point regarding Lou Kattum.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 06:12 AM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I see Ruff is also doing the Stafford workout.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:01 AM
KevinFG

Send a message via Skype™ to KevinFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
I hate how he always wwwwwaaaaaiiiiiiiitttttssss to make whatever pass he eventually makes. I swear most of the of the stand-still zone entries and stand-still power plays can be linked directly to him inexplicably standing still with the puck while his teammates reach their destinations and then stare wondering wtf he's doing.
Unfortunately, he's not the only one on the team with this issue. We need to move the puck faster, period.

KevinFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:31 AM
punkr0x

I don't know what this guy has to do to earn some respect. He leads the team in +/-, has just as many power play goals as Ehrhoff (1), has more points than Sekera or Myers (either of them would probably be his replacement on the point, once Myers comes back). Somehow it's his fault Leino and Roy can't hit open nets after he sets them up with beautiful opportunities? Or his fault that Lindy called a timeout right before that power play and obviously instructed the team to set up Ehrhoff's shot?

Luke Adam is still on the PP too so I don't know what your point is there. Everyone knows Lindy can't keep a line together for two games, it's not like he's benching Adam and continuing to play Gragnani.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 07:40 AM
HiddenInLight

....Isn't a defenseman supposed to play....defense?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:21 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x View Post
I don't know what this guy has to do to earn some respect. He leads the team in +/-, has just as many power play goals as Ehrhoff (1), has more points than Sekera or Myers (either of them would probably be his replacement on the point, once Myers comes back). Somehow it's his fault Leino and Roy can't hit open nets after he sets them up with beautiful opportunities? Or his fault that Lindy called a timeout right before that power play and obviously instructed the team to set up Ehrhoff's shot?

Luke Adam is still on the PP too so I don't know what your point is there. Everyone knows Lindy can't keep a line together for two games, it's not like he's benching Adam and continuing to play Gragnani.
Ehrhoff, Sekera, and Myers are so much better defensively that comparing them to Grags is pointless (and no, +/- is NOT a measure of defensive acumen, it is the most worthless stat in all of hockey. Vanek was not a defensive machine when he led the league in +/-). For Gragnani to be proving his worth as a one-dimensional offensive player, he should be better than that. Plus, throw in his hesitance offensively, his refusal to shoot, and his knack for making boneheaded decisions...

Gragnani needs to spend a lot of time in the press box with Teppo. Assuming Leopold is out, I'd roll:

Sekera-Ehrhoff
Regehr-McNabb
Brennan-Schiestel/Finley (whichever one would get the callup)
Gragnani
(note Morrisonn is not an option because he'd need to be an emergency callup, which means a healthy Gragnani can't be scratched)

But it's never going to happen.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 08:33 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post
Free Joe Finley.
I was waiting for this. Kick Schiestel's tires too -- he looked better than Brennan in pre-season.

11-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x View Post

He is TERRIBLE defensively. And given the amount of opportunities he's afforded on the power-play, I would expect him to be able to set up somebody every once in a while regardless of his effectiveness.

+/- is a garbage stat, he's fed baby minutes and it's a stat highly influenced by luck. One guy could make a mistake and all 5 on the ice get a minus. Junk.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote