HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
12-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Hopefully when the housecleaning occurs, this is something that will be addressed. It makes the language debate hilarious cuz we rarely hear a peep from this organization.

Anyone want to put an over/under on when Markov returns? I'll set it at March 3rd.
If he comes back, it will be bad for the tank.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Maliki2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Then why is it taking him 3+ months to come back from a 4-6 week injury?
Funny. I had a hernia surgery that they said would take me 3 months + before I could work. I was back at work in 3 days. I was sore yes....but I went back. Normal hernias do take time. If I was playing hockey there is no way I would have been back in 3 days. Not a chance.

Old
12-31-2011, 01:27 PM
habitue*

It will take a good month for White to get back into game shape at this stage of the season.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:27 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Don't expect Markov back this season you know something will come up or another setback etc it is never going to end.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Don't expect Markov back this season you know something will come up or another setback etc it is never going to end.
Ah I see we've got another optimist with a crystal ball here!

Old
01-01-2012, 09:34 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Everywhere I see you post, it is always negative! You're clearly not a habs fan. Very confident Markov will be back when he is ready and that will be this season, assuming were not to far out of the race. Move to Toronto and hop on the Leafs bandwagon.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Everywhere I see you post, it is always negative! You're clearly not a habs fan. Very confident Markov will be back when he is ready and that will be this season, assuming were not to far out of the race. Move to Toronto and hop on the Leafs bandwagon.
I have probably been a fan longer than you have been alive. Just a guess on that one mind you.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
I have probably been a fan longer than you have been alive. Just a guess on that one mind you.
Maybe so, but I clearly support the team a lot more than you do. You call out every single move the organization makes, even if it is a good one. Thats not a fan in my books.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:46 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Maybe so, but I clearly support the team a lot more than you do. You call out every single move the organization makes, even if it is a good one. Thats not a fan in my books.
Actually it is a die hard fan that demands and expects more than mediocrity year in and year out.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Actually it is a die hard fan that demands and expects more than mediocrity year in and year out.
False, IMO. A die hard has to be realistic and accept that fact that your not gonna win the conference/Stanley cup everyyear and some years youre not even going to make the playoffs. That's the fun of it, tons of different scenarios for the team and at the current point were looking at getting a top 10 pick which can be very exciting to scout and pay attention to.

Old
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
False, IMO. A die hard has to be realistic and accept that fact that your not gonna win the conference/Stanley cup everyyear and some years youre not even going to make the playoffs. That's the fun of it, tons of different scenarios for the team and at the current point were looking at getting a top 10 pick which can be very exciting to scout and pay attention to.
For myself and well my entire family all HABS fans a season is a dissapointment if we don't win a cup. Spoiled by the glory of the 70s ya probably I am but that is all part of what I love about this team. People seem to still love specific players on our team for me I no longer care about the name on the back of the jersey it is all about the one on the front. That is why i scream and ell at the TV when I see Cammy doggin it and AK looking like he is half asleep on the ice and when Price wiffes on a softie.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:02 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
For myself and well my entire family all HABS fans a season is a dissapointment if we don't win a cup. Spoiled by the glory of the 70s ya probably I am but that is all part of what I love about this team. People seem to still love specific players on our team for me I no longer care about the name on the back of the jersey it is all about the
one on the front. That is why i scream and ell at the TV when I
see Cammy doggin it and AK
looking like he is half asleep on the
ice and when Price wiffes on a
softie.
That's exactly my point, I'm 21 and haven't even seen the Habs win a cup with my understanding of what hockey actually was. I guess you could say that different generations have different expectations.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:14 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
That's exactly my point, I'm 21 and haven't even seen the Habs win a cup with my understanding of what hockey actually was. I guess you could say that different generations have different expectations.
I have been watching since the 60s so I have seen some amazing tems and what I see now makes me scream no heart no desire and a laclustre attitude. Guys used to love to don the CH now guys don't want to come here. We need to get back to fostering that love to play in a HABS jersey again and that starts from the top and goes on down.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:18 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Markov is probably going to get the Peyton Manning treatment. Yeah, he could probably come in and play in a couple months, but with the state of this team, there's really no point, and it would be counter-productive to getting a good pick, so management might just get him to rest for another year, and come back next year stronger.

That's not me being pessimistic, but there's no point of sticking a guy in there so quickly after he's 100% when it won't benefit your team, or the player in question.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Whether or not you are actually a fan of the Habs, his main point holds ground. You should stop always being so negative. You don't know anything about what's going on with Markov, or anyone on the Habs for that matter, and neither does anyone else.

So don't make silly predictions which are obviously going to annoy people which don't have any reasoning behind them; you are obviously just going to create an argument which is pretty much exactly what you did.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Whether or not you are actually a fan of the Habs, his main point holds ground. You should stop always being so negative. You don't know anything about what's going on with Markov, or anyone on the Habs for that matter, and neither does anyone else.

So don't make silly predictions which are obviously going to annoy people which don't have any reasoning behind them; you are obviously just going to create an argument which is pretty much exactly what you did.
Oh well lets not have opinions then for fear of disrupting the lovefest.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:43 PM
habtastic

Quote:
debatable. That's not a die hard fan. That's just a needy fan. This is the only year in a long time we've been mediocre. No, we haven't won the conference or anything (oh....wait), but we've been a good team every year and sorry, I don't think 2009-2010 was a fluke and only due to two or even one player.

Diehard fans mean in it all the way. I can understand frustration, but the product on the ice is not what we have on paper. Call it a collective case of post-concussion syndrome. They have no idea how to play together right now, but they're a solid team on paper and have worked well together before.

Not that I'm not fed up, just saying I can't stomach not making the payoffs or worse coming near the bottom of the league. Everyone realizes that if we're going to get a high draft pick, it'll still take him years to be the superstar he's definitely guaranteed to be, right? You'll have to put your fandom on hold for a few seasons. Don't think I'm capable of that.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:46 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
debatable. That's not a die hard fan. That's just a needy fan. This is the only year in a long time we've been mediocre
I stopped reading there. We have been mediocre for years.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:49 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
debatable. That's not a die hard fan. That's just a needy fan. This is the only year in a long time we've been mediocre. No, we haven't won the conference or anything (oh....wait), but we've been a good team every year and sorry, I don't think 2009-2010 was a fluke and only due to two or even one player

Diehard fans mean in it all the way. I can understand frustration, but the product on the ice is not what we have on paper. Call it a collective case of post-concussion syndrome. They have no idea how to play together right now, but
they're a solid team on paper and have worked well together before.

Not that I'm not fed up, just saying I can't stomach not making the payoffs or worse coming near the bottom of the league. Everyone realizes that if we're going to get a
high draft pick, it'll still take him years to be the superstar he's definitely guaranteed to be, right? You'll have to put your fandom on
hold for a few seasons. Don't think I'm capable of that.
I agree with you up until the last paragraph. I'm very intrigued by the fact of having a top prospect and I think that is definitely something the organization Is lacking. I can definitely take 1 year of not making the playoffs because to me the games are still exciting and that is why we watch no?

Old
01-01-2012, 10:53 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
I stopped reading there. We have been mediocre for years.
We have been mediocre for a decade atleast.

Old
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
We have been mediocre for a decade atleast.
Everyone has their own interpretation of the term mediocre, and rightfully so.

Old
01-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Markov is probably going to get the Peyton Manning treatment. Yeah, he could probably come in and play in a couple months, but with the state of this team, there's really no point, and it would be counter-productive to getting a good pick, so management might just get him to rest for another year, and come back next year stronger.

That's not me being pessimistic, but there's no point of sticking a guy in there so quickly after he's 100% when it won't benefit your team, or the player in question.
Any news from Markov? #%^&*#$%.
We're now in January 2012 and still no ******* Markov.

Can't wait for Gionta, White and Gomez. Any news about them? (really need them).

Many PRO waiting-forever-for-Markov Hab fans (not me ) are forgetting that Markov has barely played in the last 3 1/2 seasons. That's a lot (obviously). It could take him 20, 30, maybe 40 games to regain his usual tempo to help our Habs. We don't have this time to give him.

Pretty simple...IF we're not gonna make the playoffs I will hope for a TOP 5 overall Draft Pick. No doubt about it. Obviously I want our Habs to make the playoffs (I live for the playoffs!), but IF they won't (IF) since I can't help them!...let's hope for a TOP 5 pick overall.

Maybe Markov will manage to screw that up as well for our Habs!! (come back just to help us miss the playoffs by a few pts...getting only a 12th to 15th overall Draft Pick, instead of us getting a
a TOP 5 overall Draft Pick). If Markov comes back he better help us make the playoffs and more.

There's a huge chance Markov won't even come back this season.

To all the ones penciling in Kaberle - Markov for our PP...I want to see this too (obviously)...but some of you may only see that on your X-Box Hockey game!! (I want to be wrong, I swear I do, but Markov's body/knees just looks damaged and is better at making Hab fans wait forever than actually helping our Habs).

Markov could do the easy thing to shut fans up like me ...come back now/very soon and help our Habs win again. So depressing waiting for Markov. So depressing. I'm a loyal Hab fan (win or lose), but it's just more fun when our Habs win of course!!

Gotta get positive...I'm praying that Gionta, White, and even Gomez come back soon. Either we make the playoffs or get a top 5 overall pick. I don't want to miss the playoffs by a few pts (that would be really depressing).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-01-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Habs

Quote:
lol, classic, heard this a thousand times over the years. 'Support this team no matter what or you aren't a real fan'.

Old
01-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
lol, classic, heard this a thousand times over the years. 'Support this team no matter what or you aren't a real fan'.
lol, classic.

Apparently all the 'real fans' around here are the ones who trash the habs. I didn't know that that's how you're supposed to support your team!

Old
01-02-2012, 09:53 AM
habsfan92

Actually, the real fans are the ones who want their team to be as commited to their fans-doing things to make them perpetual contenders and occasionally favorites, as their fans are committed to them. The actually used to be that way. long times fans like myself (35+ years) sometimes feel frustrated and disappointed at what they have become. They seem to be happy setting the bar so low-making the playoffs. Some of newer, some, are just cheerleaders and are happy just to have a team and want to play a fiddle while the city bruns (metaphorically that is).

Closed Thread