HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

vCash: 500
Pierre Allard, you are ****ing useless.

Last edited by hototogisu: 01-12-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: language
Old
01-11-2012, 09:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Poor Gionta. Lots of people crapped on him this year but I still like him. He obviously cares for the team and gives it his all every game... Things just didn't go his way at all this year.

Old
01-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Maxpac

So how does this work out for us cap wise? Did we gain the cash we didn't spend on Markov, Gomez and now Gionta?

Old
01-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
hopefully this will increase Kostitsyn's PP time...as I just traded for him in my Sim league

Old
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

I'm afraid that will force Leblanc's return on the big team... should Gomez not be back into play.

Plus what about we let Markov run the PP as an assistant? If we're still stuck paying Markov $5.75M, we may as well use that money for something.

Old
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Our season really started to go down the tubes around the same time Gionta first got hurt, if you put any stock into that sort of thing.
So now it will implode and we can ruin Columbus' hayday? Cause I don't mind that.

Old
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
hockeyfan2k11

The hate for our captain is unreal. UNREAL!!!

Old
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
He sure is one ugly ****.

The level of discussion is getting fantastic. We have to laugh about it, at this point.

Old
01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 364
http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...d=66&id=139952

ryan white

Old
01-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post

That's a video on Eller...

Old
01-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Poor Gionta. Lots of people crapped on him this year but I still like him. He obviously cares for the team and gives it his all every game... Things just didn't go his way at all this year.
So do I.

I Gio.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Jigger77

Torn bicep eh? **** that must hurt.

Old
01-12-2012, 04:53 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
Did coach Randy use the above lines mentioned during the game?

And...

Where the **** is Markov? (sorry had to go there!).
When the **** is he going to help our team?? When? (when we're officially out of the playoffs?).
Had more than enough of waiting-for-Markov a healthy Markov is good? so what? he has come close to playing a full season in almost 3 seasons now.
Summer of 2012...the wiating is over...find a top3-4 Dman/replacement (or two). No more waiting.

Does Markov even (sometimes) hang out with the team when they hit the gym together? Or is he doing rehab 24hrs/day in solitary confinement...Siberian style? Does he go to some games sometimes to support our Habs? Wondering about team solidarity? Why is he so ****ing invisible?

Cole treated Leblanc's parents/family to plane tickets/hotel accommodation,etc...(apparently Gomez does this kind of thing all the time for his teammates... and what about Markov? does he spend some of his money for his teammates?! silly question but an honest/direct question). There's a reason teammates love Gomez...he's friendly/outgoing and he's willing to treat his teammates with his $$$$ even though all players are pretty much rich).
Does Markov even visit children in hospitals when the Habs go? never saw a pic of him doing so... He's here for the $$$$ and that's it. When he's back in Russia (in a few years) none of us will remember him. No one remembers Vladimir Malakhov, well...it'll be close to that with Markov. Mark my words. Good riddance (trade his damaged goods ***) or force retirement instead of continuing to pay his $5.75mil/year damaged goods *** for nothing in return). Free up that $$$$ for another top 3-4 dman or two (non-injury prone/young veteran).

Where's Markov?
October? No.
November? No.
December? No.
January? No????
February? No????
March? No????
April? No???

2011? No. Huge nothing but lots of waiting for our Hab fans.
2012? Are we going to see him in 2012? and can he help our Habs right away? or does he need 25-30-40 games to get back in it? (will be too late #$%^&*).
2013???
2014???

A lot of ?????????? for $5.75mil/year!! (3 seasons now).

Summer of 2012...GM Gauthier better find a solid top 3-4 dman (young veteran/not injury prone) so we don't have to wait anymore for Markov? Right now we only have TWO top 4 dmen...Gorges and Subban. We're missing two and that's way too many...$%^&*#$.
It's time Markov retires...but he's going to hold on for the $5.75mil/year for another TWO seasons (he just got close to 3mil for doing nothing and has another approx.14mil coming to him for doing nothing for our Habs...he has got to retire already so we can go after maybe even TWO top 3-4 dmen...). Habs have got to find a way out of this HUGE DUD of a contract. It has really ****ed up our season.

Markov = reason for our ****ed up season (but I still have hope).

I still have hope in our Habs to make playoffs but they have a lot of winning to do...meanwhile Markov is of no help.

Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you feel about Markov.

I feel the same about Markov. don't give a **** if we ever see him play another game .
Being injured and certainly knowing it himself, how in the **** was he ever given another contract to play for this team.
What is wrong with you people??!! Do you seriously think you sound smart? This to me looks like the rant of a pre-pubecent child with nowhere else to let go of his many many issues and I see it all the time. Seriously you're embarassing else please stop with this crap.I'd love to see you as a Pens fans calling them stupid for having him signed so long. Yes Markovs not a superstar like Crosby but he's still our superstar, have you even seen him play?? The guy is Lidstrom 2.0!!

Old
01-12-2012, 05:00 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoNot View Post
What is wrong with you people??!! Do you seriously think you sound smart? This to me looks like the rant of a pre-pubecent child with nowhere else to let go of his many many issues and I see it all the time. Seriously you're embarassing else please stop with this crap.I'd love to see you as a Pens fans calling them stupid for having him signed so long. Yes Markovs not a superstar like Crosby but he's still our superstar, have you even seen him play?? The guy is Lidstrom 2.0!!
Whoa whoa whoa, Lidstrom 2.0? I dunno abut that LoL

Markov is definitely a superstar, or was.

Old
01-12-2012, 05:05 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDoNot View Post
Lidstrom is a legend man. He's a top 5 defenseman all-time.

Markov was one of the Top 10 (some may say Top 5) defenseman in the league in his prime, remains to be seen what level he can return to. Comparing him to Lidstrom is not a good idea.

Old
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post

Markov was one of the Top 10 (some may say Top 5) defenseman in the league in his prime, remains to be seen what level he can return to. Comparing him to Lidstrom is not a good idea.
Well he's Lidstrom in a similar way that Plekanec is Zetterberg. Pretty similar type of player but not quite of the same calibre. I'd think Markov's closest comparable would be Sergei Zubov.

Old
01-12-2012, 05:29 PM
BLONG7

Quote:

OK, but he's our Lidstrom...

Old
01-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

He is still a guy you can't replace on the UFA market. You don't let a guy like that walk unless the doctors tell you he won't be the same, which they don't say about ACL surgeries.

Old
01-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Habs13

I hope Weber wings Gomer Pyle in the chops with a slapper next.

Old
01-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Erik Estrada
@Denis.Coderre

I've heard of torn biceps in weightlifting... Ouch, that could be serious.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
HCH

Has there been any update on Ryan White's status. Playing him on a line with Pleks and Bourque might be interesting.

Old
01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Face81

I seriously can't wait for White! I tought he was getting better and better last year.

Old
01-13-2012, 08:00 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Has there been any update on Ryan White's status. Playing him on a line with Pleks and Bourque might be interesting.
From the first post, this was on Jan. 11:

Quote:
Ryan White is still skating alone with Canadiens strength and conditioning coach Pierre Allard but is hoping to join his teammates on the ice for practices in the near future.

ďI hope so. Itís getting boring out there just me and Petey,Ē joked White. ďI feel pretty good but I donít feel 100% and I donít feel Iím back where I need to be. Itís going the right way and Iím feeling better than I was last week and I just want to keep that going the right way.Ē

Old
01-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
The hate for our captain is unreal. UNREAL!!!
Koivu who had done ten times more than Gionta for the organization and the City of Montreal got a gazillion times more hate.

Says more about the fans then it does the Captain.

Old
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
lxzred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Koivu who had done ten times more than Gionta for the organization and the City of Montreal got a gazillion times more hate.

Says more about the fans then it does the Captain.
I wonder what all the people who complained he was second rate and over paid think about Gomez, who would take Koivu back over Gomez?

Closed Thread