HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2012, 02:10 PM
  #901
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Renaud Lavoie said he will in 2-3 weeks.
Personally, I dont want to see him this season (tank)

let him rest and heal.

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 02:14 PM
  #902
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,641
vCash: 500
At this point might as well let White rest until next year.

Markov on the other hand, if he can play at the end of the season he should. It's been so long that we need to see if he can take contact and keep up with an NHL game.

Et le But is offline  
Old
01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
  #903
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
At this point might as well let White rest until next year.

Markov on the other hand, if he can play at the end of the season he should. It's been so long that we need to see if he can take contact and keep up with an NHL game.
White...for sure let him rest.
He's a warrior...you know he wants to play (good enough for me).
Let him rest.

Markov...? Who the **** is that?
The guy collecting $5.75mil/year to do rehab? (life is tough, eh?!).
Two more years of Markov collecting $5.75mil/year.

Has anyone ever seen Markov at the hospital with the team (when they visit sick children?). Has anyone seen Markov with the team in the gym? or he's not allowed to be around the team?

Get rid of Markov this summer...nothing has happened ever since he's been a Hab. Nothing. Throw his contract in the garbage where it belongs. It's a ****ing joke. He's just giving false hope to some Hab fans who think he's Raymond Bourque in playoffs.
Markov = ZERO results in playoffs (whether he's there or not).

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 12:14 AM
  #904
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
White...for sure let him rest.
He's a warrior...you know he wants to play (good enough for me).
Let him rest.

Markov...? Who the **** is that?
The guy collecting $5.75mil/year to do rehab? (life is tough, eh?!).
Two more years of Markov collecting $5.75mil/year.

Has anyone ever seen Markov at the hospital with the team (when they visit sick children?). Has anyone seen Markov with the team in the gym? or he's not allowed to be around the team?

Get rid of Markov this summer...nothing has happened ever since he's been a Hab. Nothing. Throw his contract in the garbage where it belongs. It's a ****ing joke. He's just giving false hope to some Hab fans who think he's Raymond Bourque in playoffs.
Markov = ZERO results in playoffs (whether he's there or not).
yeah you're right, rehab for an injury is so much fun. He gets to sit in bed and eat ice cream and get manicures and a personal motivator who keeps telling him how unlike Mr. Bean he looks.

If you know anything about Markov, you'll know that he is the most upset with his injury situation, that the setbacks for him hit HIM the hardest, that in rehabs you have to work probably harder than the guys on the team. He's dealing with pain and the inability to do what he wants and to help the team. It's a mental burden as well. Nothing has happened since Markov has been a Hab? Yeah, ok, you're right. Detroit is so STUPID for keeping Yzerman when they sucked for so long.

Shea Weber, what has he done in the playoffs? Oh right, same as Markov. Chara? Oh right, nothing until their team was stacked. Lidstrom? Stacked from the get go. Boyle? Cup with an incredible Tampa lineup. Couldn't push the Sharks to the final despite a stacked team.

Those are all guys that are obviously awesome and hugely useful. Clearly it's their fault that their teams failed where they should have prevailed. Markov is just like Price, give him a team that CAN win, and he'll get them there.

habtastic is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:16 AM
  #905
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Markov is just like Price? No ****ing way.
I'd keep Price. Markov...? Get the **** out already.
3 years of nothing from Markov? Are you kidding me.
And nothing ever from him in playoffs.

Love it when people use Crosby and Yzerman as examples!!!!!!!!!
Yzerman was AMAZING!! warrior in regular season and playoffs.
He's a young legend. He played injured and played well.
Markov doesn't have 1% of Yzerman's heart. Markov NEVER EVER came close to playing injured (the way Gorges can) and never proved anything in playoffs.

Crosby...Crosby is Crosby. Everyone that is not a Hab fan will laugh if you mention Crosby as an example to defend ****ing Markov.
Crosby...already 1 Cup and 1 Cup Final.

You'd think we're waiting for Raymond Bourque.
Markov doesn't have 1% of Raymond Bourque's heart.

Markov? NOTHING. ZILCH. Has done nothing in playoffs.
Check his mother*****ing playoff stats.
His playoff stats say it all unless you're in complete denial.
He's a ****ing waste of time and money.
And he ****ed up our season.
His fault or not he asked and got way too much...GREEDY ****.
I'm not talking about fun or not (rehab), I'm talking about all this waiting and no results.

Get rid of Markov NOW. What the **** does it take for some (not all) Hab fans to realize that you are being ***** off by this whole waiting-for-Markov situation. He's getting his 5.75mil and Habs are getting nothing in return.

Bottom line...Markov has done nothing for our Habs for 3 seasons.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-16-2012 at 02:40 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:20 AM
  #906
habscup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Love it when people use Crosby and Yzerman as examples!!!!!!!!!

Yzerman was AMAZING!! warrior in regular season and playoffs.
He's a young legend.

Crosby...already 1 Cup and 1 Cup Final.

Markov? NOTHING. ZILCH. Has done nothing in playoffs.
Check his mother*****ing playoff stats.
His playoff stats say it all unless you're in complete denial.
He's a ****ing waste of time and money.
And he ****ed up our season.
His fault or not he asked and got way too much...GREEDY ****.
I'm not talking about fun or not (rehab), I'm talking about all this waiting and no results.

Get rid of Markov NOW. What the **** does it take for some (not all) Hab fans to realize that you are being ***** off by this whole waiting-for-Markov situation. He's getting his 5.75mil and Habs are getting nothing in return.

Bottom line...Markov has done nothing for our Habs for 3 seasons.
Markov has more skill blindfolded then all of our d combined.

habscup is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:33 AM
  #907
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
I thought he had a decent game last night, other than the one shift where he had 2 bad giveaways.
he did-maybe he can be peddled-

larek is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 02:37 AM
  #908
larek
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Markov has more skill blindfolded then all of our d combined.
LoL-- absence makes the brain grow fuzzy!!
if markov can play of and on at 75 percent for a few seasons he wll be very lucky

larek is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:08 AM
  #909
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Markov has more skill blindfolded then all of our d combined.
PK Subban (with more time) and maybe even Beaulieu (with lots of time) may prove you wrong one day...

And anyways...it's not that hard to beat Markov in the playoffs (he never showed up for any series...he shows up for his paycheck though).

Markov has a lot of skill and cerebral hockey sense, and...how many games has he played in the last 3 seasons? And how many games did he play this season? (he has a lot of skills that will surely help our team...let's keep waiting for this playoffs hero/warrior). And even if he does ever return...I don't think he will last more than 10 or 20 games (all you have to do is give him a decent bodycheck and he's gone for a year or more).

But none of that matters...what's important is how great Markov is. Are we all forgetting how GREAT he is? (shame on some of us...that pass he made on the PP yesterday was phenomenal...good to see him back...we really need him and his GREAT SKILLS...especially in playoffs...he's a Russian version of Ray Bourque...always delivering when it really counts - in the playoffs...a warrior that will play well even through injuries).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 01-16-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:29 AM
  #910
Lshap
Registered User
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,469
vCash: 500
The above argument is an example of why our org has to get its ass together and TELL US WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH MARKOV! The shroud of mystery around his knee makes half of us into hopeful idiots and the other half hopeless cynics. We If he's progressing, TELL US and give us a timeline. If he's unable to continue, TELL US so we can move on.

Telling us nothing does not make us like Markov more, or trust the organization more. It makes him appear indifferent, even if he's not. Sports franchises don't just sell wins, losses and stats. The sell the people behind the jerseys. Look at the commercials, the promos, the posters. They work very hard and spend big bucks to bond the players with the fans because that's how you keep customers. Keeping Markov as a distant faceless entity is poor marketing, and dishonest to us, the customers of this sports/people product.

Lshap is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:43 AM
  #911
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by larek View Post
LoL-- absence makes the brain grow fuzzy!!
if markov can play of and on at 75 percent for a few seasons he wll be very lucky
Absence has nothing to do with skills.
Markov remains our best Dman.
Management made the mistake of not replacing Hammer and re-signing Gill. That would have covered Markov in case of injuries. Our defense was the question mark going into the season. Although our youngsters are playing well considering, it simply is a poorly constructed squad.
It needs to change by next year as well. Management needs to move forward with the impression that Markov needs to be replaced. Weber and Sutter are the obvious main attractions. We have to land one of them and move one of Weber or Diaz. We cannot keep both and Emelin.
One has to go, we need to get one of those two here.
Emelin, Gorges, Diaz, Pk, Kaberle, Sutter/Weber, Markov.
That would be good. If Kaberle can be traded for a more physical D, then great too, but I doubt that.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
  #912
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Absence has nothing to do with skills.
Markov remains our best Dman.
Management made the mistake of not replacing Hammer and re-signing Gill. That would have covered Markov in case of injuries. Our defense was the question mark going into the season. Although our youngsters are playing well considering, it simply is a poorly constructed squad.
It needs to change by next year as well. Management needs to move forward with the impression that Markov needs to be replaced. Weber and Sutter are the obvious main attractions. We have to land one of them and move one of Weber or Diaz. We cannot keep both and Emelin.
One has to go, we need to get one of those two here.
Emelin, Gorges, Diaz, Pk, Kaberle, Sutter/Weber, Markov.
That would be good. If Kaberle can be traded for a more physical D, then great too, but I doubt that.
The mistake was not getting a higher end top 4 guy than Campoli, not letting Hamrlik walk. Signing Hamrlik 2 years 7 mil would have been dumb.

Instaed of trading kaberle for a more physical D, trade him for assets at the dealine then sign a physical UFA d-man...Mitchell Gleason Allen etc to go with Emelin and replace Gill.

The ideal mix would be a top 5 of Emelin Subban Gorges Markov and UFA d-man with Diaz and Weber as #6-7 to start next year.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:55 AM
  #913
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
LOL @ the misplaced Markov hate. Yeah he's a total pansy because he didn't play with a torn MCL/ACL something Yzerman apparently did (no he didn't)

Cause comparing a guy playing with a lingering toe injury == same as MCL/ACL injury.

neofury* is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:56 AM
  #914
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The mistake was not getting a higher end top 4 guy than Campoli, not letting Hamrlik walk. Signing Hamrlik 2 years 7 mil would have been dumb.

Instaed of trading kaberle for a more physical D, trade him for assets at the dealine then sign a physical UFA d-man...Mitchell Gleason Allen etc to go with Emelin and replace Gill.

The ideal mix would be a top 5 of Emelin Subban Gorges Markov and UFA d-man with Diaz and Weber as #6-7 to start next year.
Kaberle isn't getting traded, we have him for the next 2 years with that cap hit

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
  #915
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The mistake was not getting a higher end top 4 guy than Campoli, not letting Hamrlik walk. Signing Hamrlik 2 years 7 mil would have been dumb.

Instaed of trading kaberle for a more physical D, trade him for assets at the dealine then sign a physical UFA d-man...Mitchell Gleason Allen etc to go with Emelin and replace Gill.

The ideal mix would be a top 5 of Emelin Subban Gorges Markov and UFA d-man with Diaz and Weber as #6-7 to start next year.
Okay fair enough, but such as who? Who was this mythical top 4 physical D the habs missed out on? These kind of guys don't grow on trees and you make it sound like you know they would have even signed here or that Gauthier didn't try signing one of those guys.

People love to say "the GM made a mistake in not doing this/that" but how the **** do we know if he tried to sign those guys or not? At a certain point you can only overpay so much. If you tell some Gorges equivalent type guy you're going to give him 4/yr and he refuses you don't offer more until they agree.

Some players want to sign in places like Florida or LA cause of the weather and swaying them onto our team would require heavy overpayment. I'm not saying it's an excuse for every failure the guys ever made but we as fans act like we know what went on behind closed doors. For all we know he tried to sign plenty of guys even one of the ones you mentioned and that player had no interest in signing with us.

neofury* is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:02 AM
  #916
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Kaberle isn't getting traded, we have him for the next 2 years with that cap hit
Exactly. I could see Cammy being dealt at deadline by CGY for a 1st before I see Kaberle moved at deadline for anything. We just aren't that proactive as a team usually. A team like Calgary if they're totally out of it by deadline will probably get a kings ransom for Cammy and end up making us look stupid again

The lappy trade all over again but this time with a serious asset. I just hope I'm wrong cause we really could use a 1st. I don't doubt at deadline maybe we could have gotten one but at least Goat had some direction with this trade. I'm not unhappy we got Bourque, will just be pretty pissed if Calgary flips Cammy after like 10-20 good games

neofury* is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
  #917
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Exactly. I could see Cammy being dealt at deadline by CGY for a 1st before I see Kaberle moved at deadline for anything. We just aren't that proactive as a team usually. A team like Calgary if they're totally out of it by deadline will probably get a kings ransom for Cammy and end up making us look stupid again

The lappy trade all over again but this time with a serious asset. I just hope I'm wrong cause we really could use a 1st. I don't doubt at deadline maybe we could have gotten one but at least Goat had some direction with this trade. I'm not unhappy we got Bourque, will just be pretty pissed if Calgary flips Cammy after like 10-20 good games
So I can see you're starting to understand why I can stand PG. The Habs aren't a pro active team and have absolutely no identity. One day he says we need to get bigger the other he trades for a soft d men in Kaberle. It's really hard to understand this management team. Everyone needs to be fires and this franchise needs to go with a younger group which sees the game differently and can build an identity for this team

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 08:51 AM
  #918
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Kaberle isn't getting traded, we have him for the next 2 years with that cap hit
Why would he not be able to get traded? He was traded 11 months ago for a 1st and a top prospect. I don't expect him to be worth that much, but at least a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

He had a slow start but the last 18 games he is 1-12-13 and +1. I'm sure a team like Phillie would take a guy like him and worry about the last 2 years of the contract in the summer. If Cammy at 9 goals and 6 mil/year can be dealt I'm sure Kaberle can be at 4.25 and better overall production(when you consider his position).


Last edited by Monctonscout: 01-16-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Monctonscout is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
  #919
swimmer77
What's an ROW?
 
swimmer77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: in water
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Why would he not be able to get traded? He was traded 11 months ago for a 1st and a top prospect. I don't expect him to be worth that much, but at least a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

He had a slow start but the last 18 games he is 1-12-13 and +1. I'm sure a team like Phillie would take a guy like him and worry about the last 2 years of the contract in the summer. If Cammy at 9 goals and 6 mil/year can be dealt I'm sure Kaberle can be at 4.25 and better overall production(when you consider his position).
I can't imagine a team like Philly taking Kaberle unless they have lots of ways to hide him. I have to think they learned from the Kaberle / Boston experiment.

swimmer77 is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
  #920
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I can't imagine a team like Philly taking Kaberle unless they have lots of ways to hide him. I have to think they learned from the Kaberle / Boston experiment.
They signed Bryzgalov to a ridiculous long contract after years without a good #1 goalie... Some are as stupid as Gauthier...

habitue* is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
  #921
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Anything on Moen? Had to watch the game on Canadiens Express last night and they mentioned he left and didn't return but nothing afterwards.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 11:20 AM
  #922
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,107
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Anything on Moen? Had to watch the game on Canadiens Express last night and they mentioned he left and didn't return but nothing afterwards.
I think in his post-game Cunneyworth said he didn't think it was serious and that he shouldn't miss time.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 11:43 AM
  #923
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Anything on Moen? Had to watch the game on Canadiens Express last night and they mentioned he left and didn't return but nothing afterwards.
Claquage or in english Charlie Hause !

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM
  #924
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I think in his post-game Cunneyworth said he didn't think it was serious and that he shouldn't miss time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Claquage or in english Charlie Hause !
Good news. Thanks guys.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
  #925
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,452
vCash: 500
Moen injury could be more serious than we thought.
More details on the Hockey 360 show tonight.

zx81 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.