HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 3.0: Gionta out indefinitely (bicep tear)

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2011, 09:41 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
#OccupyMarkov'sKnee

Old
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Stop selling him short. He's a lot better than Weber, Diaz, Emelin and even Gill at this point (at least at even strength). It will make a big difference.
He might make a difference but a "big difference"?

He isn't going to replace Gill (although maybe he should) and he shouldn't replace Emelin who plays a completely different style of game. In fact to say he is better than Emelin is like comparing apples and oranges. He won't replace Gorges, Spacek or Subban.

We are already up to five defensemen with the names I have included. Weber looks like he has already played is way off the top six so that means Campoli replaces Diaz. Because of his NHL experience he is probably a little ahead of Diaz at this point but it is not a gap that is so huge that he will make a big difference.

It's not what Campoli brings (his offensive skills) it is what he does not bring that makes me question how much additional value he would add. He doesn't bring that physical presence that our D currently lacks.

While we moan about the injuries to our defensemen (and rightly so), the fact is that we have one guy who plays with a physical edge. Adding one more defenseman who is somewhat better than what we may have now but still in the same under-sized mold is not what I think will make a huge difference.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Do you know how to end speculation by the media?

Have the GM come out, hold a press conference and tell the truth about Markov.

Is Gauthier still worried that the other teams will know that this is an injury to Markov's knee?

Maybe Gauthier should have come out and said its a "lower body" injury to Markov.
Right. Let's blame Gauthier for the speculation. I'm sure he's the one telling all the desperate media folks to speculate.

This is a zoo created by the media, not Gauthier. He has no obligation to divulge every little detail about Markov.
As far as we know, Markov is in rehab. I don't need a progress report every week.
If he isn't skating, I can figure out what this means. Probably still far from a return. Working on it.
If he starts skating by himself, I can figure out what this means. Still far from return, but things are improving slowly.
If he starts skating with his teammates, no contact. Again, slight improvement, still far from return.
If he is given the green light for contact. Great news, getting closer to a return, but probably still a few weeks away, maybe a month or so, given he hasn't played in more than a year.

Really, I don't need PG to tell every little detail. Everybody can pretty much assume what is going on.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:08 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Right. Let's blame Gauthier for the speculation. I'm sure he's the one telling all the desperate media folks to speculate.

This is a zoo created by the media, not Gauthier. He has no obligation to divulge every little detail about Markov.
As far as we know, Markov is in rehab. I don't need a progress report every week.
If he isn't skating, I can figure out what this means. Probably still far from a return. Working on it.
If he starts skating by himself, I can figure out what this means. Still far from return, but things are improving slowly.
If he starts skating with his teammates, no contact. Again, slight improvement, still far from return.
If he is given the green light for contact. Great news, getting closer to a return, but probably still a few weeks away, maybe a month or so, given he hasn't played in more than a year.

Really, I don't need PG to tell every little detail. Everybody can pretty much assume what is going on.
If a person, Gauthier or whomever, does not divulge the truth about something, then people (in this case the media) will speculate and we will get all kinds of wild stories.

Assuming led to a lot of people believing that Markov would be playing out West and then a lot of teeth gnashing when they found out he was not.

By not being forthcoming, a mountain is being created out of a molehill.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:09 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
He might make a difference but a "big difference"?

He isn't going to replace Gill (although maybe he should) and he shouldn't replace Emelin who plays a completely different style of game. In fact to say he is better than Emelin is like comparing apples and oranges. He won't replace Gorges, Spacek or Subban.

We are already up to five defensemen with the names I have included. Weber looks like he has already played is way off the top six so that means Campoli replaces Diaz. Because of his NHL experience he is probably a little ahead of Diaz at this point but it is not a gap that is so huge that he will make a big difference.

It's not what Campoli brings (his offensive skills) it is what he does not bring that makes me question how much additional value he would add. He doesn't bring that physical presence that our D currently lacks.

While we moan about the injuries to our defensemen (and rightly so), the fact is that we have one guy who plays with a physical edge. Adding one more defenseman who is somewhat better than what we may have now but still in the same under-sized mold is not what I think will make a huge difference.
Campoli is much better than Diaz at this point. Emelin and Gill as well.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
If a person, Gauthier or whomever, does not divulge the truth about something, then people (in this case the media) will speculate and we will get all kinds of wild stories.

Assuming led to a lot of people believing that Markov would be playing out West and then a lot of teeth gnashing when they found out he was not.

What "truth" was not divulged?

Old
12-05-2011, 10:13 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi2teD View Post
What "truth" was not divulged?
After hearing that Markov was going to play out West, do you really need to ask that question?

Old
12-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

The assuming was made by the media. They are in the wrong for writing an article and spreading rumors. Jesus Christ, they are extremely unprofessional and have proven so over many years. I'm sorry, but blaming management is ridiculous.

The media and their speculations created the Darkest Day in Habs History. They are printing speculations in order to make money. They're the ones at fault.

Management is allowed to keep things as secretive as they want.

Btw, when he does come out to say things, then he's criticized because he said 3weeks, and now it's 4-6. The criticism sometimes is just completely ridiculous.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:31 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
TSN scroller reporting that Markov's out 4-6 weeks following today's surgery.
Recalculating, recalculating, recalculating contract. Make the first legal U-turn to surgery.

Go maximum 2.5 years and collect 6.9 / year.

-------------------------------------------------

In Markov time 4 - 6 weeks will be 8 - 12 at best with no complications.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:32 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
The assuming was made by the media. They are in the wrong for writing an article and spreading rumors. Jesus Christ, they are extremely unprofessional and have proven so over many years. I'm sorry, but blaming management is ridiculous.

The media and their speculations created the Darkest Day in Habs History. They are printing speculations in order to make money. They're the ones at fault.

Management is allowed to keep things as secretive as they want.

Btw, when he does come out to say things, then he's criticized because he said 3weeks, and now it's 4-6. The criticism sometimes is just completely ridiculous.
I know. Media assumes when they are not given information from the source. Its the nature of the beast.

Information from Habs management about Markov to the media would have prevented this three ring circus in the media.

Old
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I know. Media assumes when they are not given information from the source. Its the nature of the beast.

Information from Habs management about Markov to the media would have prevented this three ring circus in the media.
Or, you know, media can try to remain professional and not speculate.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:09 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
As you and I both know, the media is filled with idiots.........both in Canada and the US.

On that, we agree.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Recalculating, recalculating, recalculating contract. Make the first legal U-turn to surgery.

Go maximum 2.5 years and collect 6.9 / year.

-------------------------------------------------

The doctors said it would be about 3 to 6 weeks before the surgery. The surgeons then, after surgery predicted 4 to 6 weeks.

OH MY GOD, WHAT'S NEXT, MARKOV ACTUALLY DIED DURING SURGERY AND THEY AREN'T TELLING US?!?

Old
12-05-2011, 11:17 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Didn't Markov come back early from the other two injuries? I know he came back way early for the first one, and the second one I'm pretty sure he did come back early as well.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
By saying what Kriss E? We don't know? During a 1-hour or even a 3-hour show? The medias info are either to report an information given and try to analyse it or to go and get the news themselves. Either way, they are seen as the bad guys 'cause most likely they will go to places they shouldn't. But at one point, what are they really suppose to do? And I'm not talking about the really bad ones, but at one point they are not all bad. But even those ones won't be satisfied with "we will see" or "we have no idea what's happening and are satisfied with that".

Old
12-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
By saying what Kriss E? We don't know? During a 1-hour or even a 3-hour show? The medias info are either to report an information given and try to analyse it or to go and get the news themselves. Either way, they are seen as the bad guys 'cause most likely they will go to places they shouldn't. But at one point, what are they really suppose to do? And I'm not talking about the really bad ones, but at one point they are not all bad. But even those ones won't be satisfied with "we will see" or "we have no idea what's happening and are satisfied with that".
I really don't know what show you are talking about.
But regardless of it, here's a thought, talk about something else. Please do not even dare suggest that there is a lack of subjects to discuss.
And what if they did say Markov is scheduled to meet the doctor, which was planned for a long time. Then they still have nothing to discuss, or will they now speculate on what the Doctor will be saying to Markov???

Don't make excuses for a lack of professionalism. They don't have to speculate or discuss this. Really, they don't.

Old
12-05-2011, 11:54 PM
prairie hab

So sick of all the Markov apologists here- the tin man/band aid poster child should have been sent packing last season. This guy has literally missed over two years of hockey - not toally his fault, I get that. But how so many around here peg him as a saviour is laughable.

With Subban, Diaz, Weber, Emelin, Beaulieu, and Gorges the future of the defensive corps is bright. We are sustaining temporary setbacks now, but the experience will be invaluable down the road.

The window to have traded Markov for a sizable return has evaporated into thin air, and the only solace we can take out of this is that he will likely go on LTIR once again, and we can be given cap relief because of it - this is the most notable contribution le "general" has made over the past two seasons.

I don't get how a player is regarded so untouchable when his playoff PPG average halves from his regular season totals. I also don't get how management commits so much money to a guy with such an injury history, and such specualtion regarding the severity of his last injury.

MARKOV is FINISHED. Face it people.........

I was saying this over a year ago, and got blasted on this site by all the "experts" with high post counts...........

This will cost Gauthier his job. Wait and see - Funny, because I'm sure some of you would welcome that.........

Old
12-05-2011, 11:57 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
So sick of all the Markov apologists here- the tin man/band aid poster child should have been sent packing last season. This guy has literally missed over two years of hockey - not toally his fault, I get that. But how so many around here peg him as a saviour is laughable.

With Subban, Diaz, Weber, Emelin, Beaulieu, and Gorges the future of the defensive corps is bright. We are sustaining temporary setbacks now, but the experience will be invaluable down the road.

The window to have traded Markov for a sizable return has evaporated into thin air, and the only solace we can take out of this is that he will likely go on LTIR once again, and we can be given cap relief because of it - this is the most notable contribution le "general" has made over the past two seasons.

I don't get how a player is regarded so untouchable when his playoff PPG average halves from his regular season totals. I also don't get how management commits so much money to a guy with such an injury history, and such specualtion regarding the severity of his last injury.

MARKOV is FINISHED. Face it people.........

I was saying this over a year ago, and got blasted on this site by all the "experts" with high post counts...........

This will cost Gauthier his job. Wait and see - Funny, because I'm sure some of you would welcome that.........
It was indeed a very bad organisational decision to re-sign him last summer. but we are used to it... (see Gomexz trade) !

Old
12-06-2011, 12:00 AM
hockeyfan2k11

TSN just said 4-6 weeks.

I've said this before, but Mr. Gauthier should be shown the door.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:08 AM
JOKER 192

Was I the only guy listening to TSN Saturday afternoon around 3:00 p.m.?Anyway,for what it's worth, some guy called Marinaro ,Marinaro agreed with the caller that he had provided good scoops in the past.He goes on to say that we're not getting the truth still and that instead of what we are told Markov is gonna have another Major surgery ,it's the tendons that need to go under the knife if I remember correctly and as per the caller ,see ya next year.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
Was I the only guy listening to TSN Saturday afternoon around 3:00 p.m.?Anyway,for what it's worth, some guy called Marinaro ,Marinaro agreed with the caller that he had provided good scoops in the past.He goes on to say that we're not getting the truth still and that instead of what we are told Markov is gonna have another Major surgery ,it's the tendons that need to go under the knife if I remember correctly and as per the caller ,see ya next year.
Makes no sense for management to say Markov will be back in 4-6weeks if they know he's gone for the year. They never hid season ending injuries.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:11 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
Hope he's wrong but if he's right....my my my...there would be a LOT of angry fans.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Pleky Roks

As far as I'm concerned....Markov's career is over!! His knee is shot and he's not getting any younger so the chances of him being able to come back and produce at a 40-60 point level is just unrealistic.

I HOPE that he can build his knee back up so he is able to play again....but I can't honestly see where he is going to be able to produce at the same level he did 3 seasons ago. I hope I'm dead wrong....but we'll have to wait and see.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleky Roks View Post
As far as I'm concerned....Markov's career is over!! His knee is shot and he's not getting any younger so the chances of him being able to come back and produce at a 40-60 point level is just unrealistic.

I HOPE that he can build his knee back up so he is able to play again....but I can't honestly see where he is going to be able to produce at the same level he did 3 seasons ago. I hope I'm dead wrong....but we'll have to wait and see.
Good thing you're not the one who's opinion matters on the situation, then. Markov's, and the doctors feel otherwise.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:32 AM
m00ks

Didn't Gorges get the same replacement surgery?

Closed Thread