HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ty Conklin to start against Colorado

Old
12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Dynheart

vCash: 500
I know we are all nervous, but we have to start Conklin sometime. If you think about it...Howard isn't exactly playing "hot" right now. He's playing a more solid version of his rookie self. He's going to continue this play for the rest of the year. Book it.

With that said, with Howard playing the way he has been...you're going to keep telling yourself "he's playing well...gotta keep playing him until he craps the bed". He's not going to. And with him playing like that...as a coach...do you play him into the ground? Or do you play that back-up goalie that your GM paid for?

I know Conks played bad for 2 out of his three games. But he has only played three games. I think he'll bounce back this game. If anything, Conks is a good first shot/save goalie...and the Wings defense has been on fire this stretch. Let's hope they give him support.

Dynheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
IllinoisRedWingsFan

Jimmy Howard needs a day off every now and then. I am okay with Conklin going tonight.

IllinoisRedWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
wingnutjeff

defense let him down. Not a big Conklin fan but he was left hung out to dry on those goals.

wingnutjeff is offline   Reply With Quote