HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

McDonagh vs Subban

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have in your top four?
P.K. Subban 229 42.25%
Ryan McDonagh 313 57.75%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 08:08 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
And I doubt you've seen McDonagh play much. Habs fan underrate McDonagh's offensive talent so much. It's like they're in denial that McD has 8 more ESP than Subban, but keep wanting to tell themselves that Subban is miles ahead offensively.

Edit: McDonagh is 6th in ESP wow, just looked up the stat. Imagine if he received gobs of ice time on the powerplay.....
McDonagh has shown flashes offensively this year, I am not impervious to that, but Subban is on a different level. He hasn't been scoring much in the first half both seasons so far, yet keeps flirting with 40 points. With some consistency, Subban could easily reach the 50-60 point range easily.

McDonagh just plays on a much better team, it was quite evident last night, he didn't even have to do much and the Rangers wiped the ice with us. He can collect numerous second assists just by being on the ice with Gaborik and Richards, such as his last point, they are a scoring machine while the Habs have at best one line producing every night.

Also, Subban played solid without allowing any goals while he was on the ice, even in one of the worst team performances I've seen this season, and played the most minutes out of both teams which has been a recurring theme over the last 30 games.

Old
03-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Jersey Fresh
Video Et Taceo

Quote:
And I doubt you've seen McDonagh play much. Habs fan underrate McDonagh's offensive talent so much. It's like they're in denial that McD has 8 more ESP than Subban, but keep wanting to tell themselves that Subban is miles ahead offensively.

Edit: McDonagh is 6th in ESP wow, just looked up the stat. Imagine if he received gobs of ice time on the powerplay.....
...because the Ranger power play is just so dynamic he can't force his way on to the ice, right?

Subban is by far the better offensive player. McDonagh has the wide edge defensively right now, but it's much easier to teach positional defense than it is to teach offensive instinct and ability. And Subban has been improving his play at that end of the ice already.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:05 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post
...because the Ranger power play is just so dynamic he can't force his way on to the ice, right?

Subban is by far the better offensive player. McDonagh has the wide edge defensively right now, but it's much easier to teach positional defense than it is to teach offensive instinct and ability. And Subban has been improving his play at that end of the ice already.
LOL@better offensive player yet the stats dont prove it

McD doesnt play the PP because they prefer him locking down other teams top players on a nightly basis.Subban HAS to play the PP for the habs because quite frankly,the rest of them,besides Markov blow.If McD played the PP consistantly this year,when they dont even need him to,he would have 40 points easily and most likely more.

But yeah,Subban is ahead of him offensively by miles LOL

I'll continue to take the rising star helping his team battle for 1st overall in the entire league who plays both sides equally impressive over the 1 dimensional defenseman helping his team to last place in their division.

its funny with Hab fans..when the teams going good,Subbans a huge reason why.but when the team is playing poorly,hes never at fault,its always the team around him.Carey Price Syndrome i suppose lol

Old
03-31-2012, 09:16 PM
habscup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post

McD doesnt play the PP because they prefer him locking down other teams top players on a nightly basis.Subban HAS to play the PP for the habs because quite frankly,the rest of them,besides Markov blow.If McD played the PP consistantly this year,when they dont even need him to,he would have 40 points easily and most likely more.

I'll continue to take the rising star helping his team battle for 1st overall in the entire league who plays both sides equally impressive over the 1 dimensional defenseman helping his team to last place in their division.

its funny with Hab fans..when the teams going good,Subbans a huge reason why.but when the team is playing poorly,hes never at fault,its always the team around him.Carey Price Syndrome i suppose lol
wow are you 5 years old? there is so much wrong in here that there should be a rule whereby people just cant post crap intentionally like this guy

Old
03-31-2012, 09:20 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
wow are you 5 years old? there is so much wrong in here that there should be a rule whereby people just cant post crap intentionally like this guy
I didn't want to say anything because my outbursts are well documented in this thread but you're totally right.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
truth hurts eh? lol

Old
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
truth hurts eh? lol
You mean your uninformed opinion? Hardly.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You mean your uninformed opinion? Hardly.
compared to your opinions you have been spewing as facts this entire thread?i would say my opinions are alot closer to reality and facts then yours are

Old
03-31-2012, 09:45 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
compared to your opinions you have been spewing as facts this entire thread?i would say my opinions are alot closer to reality and facts then yours are

So you admit to trolling, good to know.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:45 PM
habscup

Quote:

lol

Old
03-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
lol
habs fans mad,considering everything trolling when they dont agree with it

p.s Notice McD is up to 54% in the polls now? Real hockey fans know the deal lol

Old
03-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

You're embarrassing yourself with comments like the one above. It clearly shows that you have absolutely not clue about Subban and the way he's being utilized and/or the reasons for his utilization.

Old
03-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're embarrassing yourself with comments like the one above. It clearly shows that you have absolutely not clue about Subban and the way he's being utilized and/or the reasons for his utilization.
more like you are completely being a homer and cant face the truth when its staring you right in the face.i understand you guys hate McD because Sather stole him from you,but it doesnt change the fact hes a better overall player now and in the future

Old
03-31-2012, 09:58 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
more like you are completely being a homer and cant face the truth when its staring you right in the face.i understand you guys hate McD because Sather stole him from you,but it doesnt change the fact hes a better overall player now and in the future
Can you add one plus one? I seriously doubt it after reading your posts. How far are you into elementary?

Old
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Another embarrassment with your poor man's generalization. Read my comments in this thread before attacking anyone's...

Old
03-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Another embarrassment with your poor man's generalization. Read my comments in this thread before attacking anyone's...
i cant help it if you gals get ******** over the truth lol

Old
03-31-2012, 10:07 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Can you add one plus one? I seriously doubt it after reading your posts. How far are you into elementary?
that the best you got?seriously? lol

you ladies are too easy

Old
03-31-2012, 10:09 PM
Montreal Shadow

I'm surprised people still argue that McDonagh is as good as Subban offensively. McDonagh hasn't scored these PP points, you can argue all you want that he coulda, shoulda or woulda, but fact is, he didn't. Subban has more points and that's after a ridiculously slow start on the 15th placed team in the East. He's better offensively, I really fail to see how people still argue that.

Old
03-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 2960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I'm surprised people still argue that McDonagh is as good as Subban offensively. McDonagh hasn't scored these PP points, you can argue all you want that he coulda, shoulda or woulda, but fact is, he didn't. Subban has more points and that's after a ridiculously slow start on the 15th placed team in the East. He's better offensively, I really fail to see how people still argue that.
Yeah, I know. Subban is definitely better than McDonagh offensively. His shot on the PP is something McDonagh can't compete with. Defense however, McDonagh is better, and it really shouldn't be an argument.

03-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Yeah, I know. Subban is definitely better than McDonagh offensively. His shot on the PP is something McDonagh can't compete with. Defense however, McDonagh is better, and it really shouldn't be an argument.
At that point it's pretty much like that. I simply think that McDonagh is better on offense than he is being given credit for and I think Subban is better on defense than he is being given credit for. That said, to me it's pretty obvious who the better player is on defense and offense.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:39 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
McDonagh has shown flashes offensively this year, I am not impervious to that, but Subban is on a different level. He hasn't been scoring much in the first half both seasons so far, yet keeps flirting with 40 points. With some consistency, Subban could easily reach the 50-60 point range easily.
I don't know how you can say easily, when he hasn't even been close to cracking that in his NHL career. (Albeit, he is young) I do agree that Subban is better at offense, but it's not an astronomical difference that you think it is. If Subban is on another level, why does he have substantially less ES points?

Quote:
McDonagh just plays on a much better team, it was quite evident last night, he didn't even have to do much and the Rangers wiped the ice with us. He can collect numerous second assists just by being on the ice with Gaborik and Richards, such as his last point, they are a scoring machine while the Habs have at best one line producing every night.
Nonsense. He was shutting down Cole's line. Didn't hear them create many chances all night. This is what he does on a consistent basis, really, of course it'll go under the radar since it isn't flashy. But it is effective.

Quote:
Also, Subban played solid without allowing any goals while he was on the ice, even in one of the worst team performances I've seen this season, and played the most minutes out of both teams which has been a recurring theme over the last 30 games.
Subban played good, however he was on the ice on that Richards PP goal against. McDonagh is getting a bit of a rest down the stretch as Torts is trying to find Staal's game and is giving Stralman/Erixon/Bickel some more minutes to evaluate their play. However in the beginning of the season, McDonagh was at around 27 MPG while the Rangers were in first up til January.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Fresh View Post
No because it makes no sense to give an inferior offensive player more powerplay time than the players more suited for the powerplay. Del Zotto and Richards are both LH shots from the point (like McDonagh), which does restrict McDonagh's PP TOI. They've also been playing Gaborik at the point, who is also a LH shot. There is simply too much talent for McDonagh to leapfrog on the powerplay

Quote:
What do you think McDonagh's offensive sealing is? Just curious.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:55 PM
habscup

Quote:
I don't know how you can say easily, when he hasn't even been close to cracking that in his NHL career. (Albeit, he is young) I do agree that Subban is better at offense, but it's not an astronomical difference that you think it is. If Subban is on another level, why does he have substantially less ES points?

Nonsense. He was shutting down Cole's line. Didn't hear them create many chances all night. This is what he does on a consistent basis, really, of course it'll go under the radar since it isn't flashy. But it is effective.

Subban played good, however he was on the ice on that Richards PP goal against. McDonagh is getting a bit of a rest down the stretch as Torts is trying to find Staal's game and is giving Stralman/Erixon/Bickel some more minutes to evaluate their play. However in the beginning of the season, McDonagh was at around 27 MPG while the Rangers were in first up til January.
Subban ceiling 60 points, Mcd ceiling 50. Both great defensively.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Subban ceiling 60 points, Mcd ceiling 50. Both great defensively.
That sounds fair.

Old
03-31-2012, 11:59 PM
habscup

Quote:
That sounds fair.
They're 22! Why can't everyone just appreciate their talent? Why do they need to put down one to pimp up the other?

Closed Thread