HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

McDonagh vs Subban

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have in your top four?
P.K. Subban 229 42.25%
Ryan McDonagh 313 57.75%
Voters: 542. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
Yes he is.

When McDonagh has a sophomore slump...this thread will change.
Wow if this is McDonagh's sophomore slump, I can't wait to see how he'll plays when he shakes this 'slump' off.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Its a travesty that Subbans losing this.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:29 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Can't believe a 2 way stud like PK is losing to Mcdonagh. Great player but PK over him any day.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:31 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
Its a travesty that Subbans losing this.
What else is new. Any Habs player is going to lose a poll. If the player is Subban, he stands twice the chance to lose a poll. But thanks for your appreciation of Subban's play. As a Habs' fan, I really enjoy watching the way he plays the game.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'm done with you man, this is going nowhere because you clearly can't see past your homer glasses. The fact that your only factual argument is that he has 58 more minutes over the course of a season's worth of play is purely idiotic. The rest is just back and forth, you think he is close offensively, cool man go with it I give up. But 58/1800 is 0.032, it's actually a bit higher because I rounded up to 1800 so more like 3.25%. If you can't understand how totally insignificant that is, well as the wise Cliptar once said, may the force be with you and goodnight.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 03-20-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old
03-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
What else is new. Any Habs player is going to lose a poll. If the player is Subban, he stands twice the chance to lose a poll. But thanks for your appreciation of Subban's play. As a Habs' fan, I really enjoy watching the way he plays the game.
Honest question, do you think right now that Subban is better than Dan Girardi?

If you said yes, then smh.
If no, then McDonagh is better than Subban, since McDonagh has now reached Girardi's level

Old
03-21-2012, 12:50 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
Honest question, do you think right now that Subban is better than Dan Girardi?

If you said yes, then smh.
If no, then McDonagh is better than Subban, since McDonagh has now reached Girardi's level
Trick question, don't answer that

Ah, I knew it, busted! lol!

For the record I would have said yes.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 03-21-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old
03-21-2012, 05:50 AM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Can't believe a 2 way stud like PK is losing to Mcdonagh. Great player but PK over him any day.
PK has regressed this year and Mcdonagh although not the offensive potential of Subban has been great defensively. Ryan better year but PK has the talent to be better.
I havev to take RM cuz I don't know if this is just a Sophomre Slump or something greater.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:27 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
McDonagh. He logs more minutes, is much better defensively, is equivalent offensively and he doesn't cause riots in the locker-room.
So, McD is logging about 49 secs more than PK, and you call it minute munching, has 6 less Pts, but they're equivalent offensively and then throw out a locker room riot comment for good measure? What riot was this? I recall the Plekanec incident, but not the riot....

Old
03-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklanders View Post
PK has regressed this year and Mcdonagh although not the offensive potential of Subban has been great defensively. Ryan better year but PK has the talent to be better.
I havev to take RM cuz I don't know if this is just a Sophomre Slump or something greater.
I don't know about regressed but he's had bumps along the road for sure this season. For one thing, he's had much more trouble getting his one-timer shots on goal. However, he's really been solid this last part of the season and brought his point total close to last season's total. I think Subban will be better in a few years but it's hard to argue against the best D on the team that's #1 in the East.

Pretty amazing draft by the Habs: 12th, 22nd, 43rd overall picks in 2007 = two #1 Ds and a 1st line big body scorer.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
It was true for the first part of the season. He's been nothing short of stellar the second part. Has found his offensive game and is excellent defensively(contrary to what some people will tell you he is better than Karlsson on defense).

Old
03-21-2012, 08:14 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Quote:
Havent missed a game all year and subban has not regressed this year. He has been fantastic this season, but as someone said he's had a few bumps along the road but what young defenseman doesn't? Especially when they have to carry a very young/bad defense on his back along with gorges.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Based off of overall NHL accomplishments and current calibre, McDonagh.

Subban is something special, though, as is McDonagh, but Subban has that game-changing ability that McD does not. PK could easily become a 60-70 point defenseman that is above average defensively, while McDonagh will probably be a 35-40 point elite shutdown defensive.
What has either one accomplished so far in their careers?

Tough to say for me, Subban looks like he took a step back to me from last year. That being said, I really haven't seen enough of McDonaugh to make a justified decision.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:03 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
What has either one accomplished so far in their careers?
The only thing you could really say for that is that Subban has had way more playoff success than McDonagh.

McDonagh has 0 pts in 5 games and Subban has 12pts in 21 games.

Old
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
E Nixson