HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Jersey @ Winnepeg - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2011, 09:25 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Jets fan here, a few things:

1) We always seem to taunt the opposing team goalie and their Captain. I'm ok with a little bit of ribbing, but it definitely drags on too much. I'd much prefer to lay the boo birds and taunts when they mishandle the puck/give it away/weak goal against. See the philly game when Slater undressed Pronger and scored. Usually it's our mascot Mick E. Moose "hexing" the goalie.

2) As far as booing Moose and Doan, of course you guys didn't see when we cheered for Moose and had a standing ovation for Doan. They always do this for returning jets/moose players. Usually it's early in the first, the player is put on the board during a stoppage of play, and the announcer says something like "True north would like you to recognize former jets/moose player X, who played with us during x years" and the cheers start. But as soon as they hit the ice, it switches to boos or whatever. It's nothing personal. Where do you guys think Hedburg got his nickname?

3) The TV and radio broadcasts on CBC and TSN both suck horribly. I must apologize for both. Unless it's a national CBC broadcast, it's going to suck.

4) Kovalchuk is a fun player to watch

5) The penalty against Ladd was BS

Old
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Wpg Jets Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
You don't taunt the goalie at the start of the game though. lol At least wait for a goal to be scored on him first.
Nah why wait?

Old
12-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Capt Brycey Poo
Holik to HHOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post

1) We always seem to taunt the opposing team goalie and their Captain. I'm ok with a little bit of ribbing, but it definitely drags on too much. I'd much prefer to lay the boo birds and taunts when they mishandle the puck/give it away/weak goal against. See the philly game when Slater undressed Pronger and scored. Usually it's our mascot Mick E. Moose "hexing" the goalie.

2) As far as booing Moose and Doan, of course you guys didn't see when we cheered for Moose and had a standing ovation for Doan. They always do this for returning jets/moose players. Usually it's early in the first, the player is put on the board during a stoppage of play, and the announcer says something like "True north would like you to recognize former jets/moose player X, who played with us during x years" and the cheers start. But as soon as they hit the ice, it switches to boos or whatever. It's nothing personal. Where do you guys think Hedburg got his nickname?

3) The TV and radio broadcasts on CBC and TSN both suck horribly. I must apologize for both. Unless it's a national CBC broadcast, it's going to suck.

I heard that a player has got to make a reasonable effort to avoid collision with goalie. Good call.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:31 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

There is a reason most skaters go behind the net in the space between the goalie and the glass, if you are going to take the route between the goalie and the back of the net then you are responsible for your own body.

Again, the Jets won this game thanks to our usual circus mishaps, I do not understand why the Ladd call was so controversial.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:32 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Jets fans, you needn't prove your reasons for existence and why you do what you do. If posters here are too thin-skinned to take it, have fun with that on your own board.

You're just inviting a Devils poster to go off.

And, for a history lesson, Rangers fans were sing-songing Brodeur's name in a game he ended up having 51 saves, the shutout, and won the game in a shootout - so yeah, we think it's very stupid to chant a goalie's name without reason.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Zachy Poo View Post
I heard that a player has got to make a reasonable effort to avoid collision with goalie. Good call.
Yet he wasn't called for that. It was for tripping. Hedburg knew the collision was incidental (which it was, and the refs thought so as well, otherwise it would've been goaltender interference), but if he fell down he might draw a penalty. I clearly saw Ladd jump with the stick by his side. How do you trip someone doing that?

Old
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Where do you guys think Hedburg got his nickname?
With the Manitoba Moose?

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Most fans do the sing song thing to try and get in a goalie's head, although it usually doesn't work. It's not done to mock his performance so far.

In college hockey, messing with the goalie is done more often, and it's probably more effective too.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:

Kovalchuk is not a captain.

Sure he is. He was so fun to watch in Atlanta. I loved to watch him play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets Fan View Post
Nah why wait?

Old
12-04-2011, 09:34 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Most fans do the sing song thing to try and get in a goalie's head, although it usually doesn't work. It's not done to mock his performance so far.

In college hockey, messing with the goalie is done more often, and it's probably more effective too.
From what I have seen/heard Cornell blows any NHL heckling out of the water.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Yet he wasn't called for that. It was for tripping. Hedburg knew the collision was incidental (which it was, and the refs thought so as well, otherwise it would've been goaltender interference), but if he fell down he might draw a penalty. I clearly saw Ladd jump with the stick by his side. How do you trip someone doing that?
One of his skates clipped Hedberg's left leg. Moose probably went down a little too easily, but there was contact that left him off balance.

If we want to talk about controversial calls, how about we talk about how it's apparently legal now in the NHL to push a goalie into the net and have it called a goal?

Old
12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
CerebralGenesis

And Kane kicked Moose and everything he had with him into the net too. What's your point?

Old
12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

>win game
>complain about fair call that means nothing now
>try to validate heckling the goalie 75 minutes before puck drop
>we come in peace

And oh boy we have Toronto next. A win would be nice.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
From what I have seen/heard Cornell blows any NHL heckling out of the water.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
CerebralGenesis

Atleast we didn't get the "we deserved better" song and dance from Parise or Pete. That is getting old. I can see Pete trying to keep the team motivated and positive but you don't deserve anything. At the end of the day we are .500. That's a tough sell to the group working hard that they deserved a better record.

I have a feeling Petes a good talker/motivator/whatever but he needs to fix the turnovers and d zone yesterday. There is a drill you can work on, its called passing and playing kovalchuk less minutes a night with a dman in his stead instead.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:43 AM
VaxjoDevil

The heckling of Kovy is nothing. He should be happy he's in the NHL, not Liga A in Italy; he would end up in a mental hospital from the treatment of his own fans only.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:44 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

I still want to know why it took the ref all that time to do something during the 3rd goal. I think he waited a little to long, which helped kane. Then again the Refs never seem to surprise me with their actions the last few years.

O well it happens I guess. LOL

Old
12-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
Larsson needs to learn when to ****ing take a shot, because I'm positive that he waits for someone to get in front of him to block it before doing so. I have no idea why, but it's ridiculous. How many odd-mans have started as a result? I can count three at least in the last two games I watched (This one and the one right before Minny).

I mean yeah rookie blah blah blah but that's BASIC ****. If there's no lane, don't ****ing shoot bozo.
He wasn't taking enough shots to start the season and the coaches addressed that by saying something to him

He definately has been taking more shots since, but he's taking them for the most part at the wrong times

Twice off the top of my head last night he took shots with guys right in front of him! It kills me to see him do that because in every other aspect of his game, he's calm and doesn't rush things except for when it comes to shooting from up top

He's a pup so he'll learn over time hopefully - not too worried about it but when we're playing like we are it can get frustrating

Quote:
I still want to know why it took the ref all that time to do something during the 3rd goal. I think he waited a little to long, which helped helped. Then again the Refs never seem to surprise me with their actions the last few years.

O well it happens I guess. LOL
Like Lou always says, when time is on your side you use it

They took the time they needed to make sure they got the correct call and they wound up making the right call

I don't see a reason to be bothered with that

Old
12-04-2011, 09:55 AM
CerebralGenesis

I remember last year when we kept losing and the playoffs kept creeping further and further away. Good thing the East is a bad conference

Old
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Kovy has gotten better about shooting when he has an open lane, I will say that.

Old
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Were Kovy's glaring turnovers this much of a problem in Atlanta? Because if they weren't than it's not all on him and just adds to my theory on how he's being (mis)used.

Old
12-04-2011, 09:57 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
He wasn't taking enough shots to start the season and the coaches addressed that by saying something to him

He definately has been taking more shots since, but he's taking them for the most part at the wrong times

Twice off the top of my head last night he took shots with guys right in front of him! It kills me to see him do that because in every other aspect of his game, he's calm and doesn't rush things except for when it comes to shooting from up top

He's a pup so he'll learn over time hopefully - not too worried about it but when we're playing like we are it can get frustrating

Like Lou always says, when time is on your side you use it

They took the time they needed to make sure they got the correct call and they wound up making the right call

I don't see a reason to be bothered with that
Ya but that extra time helped let the puck go in. What is to much time though? I just think they took to much time in my opinion. The ref was looking for a puck no one could see then out of no were it was in. I thought if the ref lost sight of the puck then the play is whistled dead.

Edit: I was just wondering is all.

Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 12-04-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Ya but that extra time helped let the puck go in. What is to much time though? I just think they took to much time in my opinion
Because the puck was still moving around all over the place......it went from Larsson's stick into Hedberg's side and back out to where Larsson/Kane were

It also wasn't the reason we lost so

Old
12-04-2011, 10:09 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Kovalchuk is not a captain.
Captain or star player I suppose.

Old
12-04-2011, 10:12 AM
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
Because the puck was still moving around all over the place......it went from Larsson's stick into Hedberg's side and back out to where Larsson/Kane were

It also wasn't the reason we lost so
You telling me the ref saw all that? I have hard time believing that one. The ref looked like he had no clue from what I saw but maybe you saw it differently.

And I was just talking about it taking a bit to long is all. I said nothing about it being the reason the Devils lost.

Edit: Just seeing if others thought it was a bit to long.

Closed Thread