HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

More and more people wearing NYR apparel recently...

Old
12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
BackBayNYR

vCash: 500
I live in Boston and I am always wearing Rangers stuff around. The only people who comment to me are fellow New Yorkers and their fans. However when I wear my Yankee stuff or my Jets stuff I get a lot more comments and dirty looks from Boston sports fans. I think of the four major sports in the Boston-NY rivalry the Rangers-Bruins rivalry holds the least hatred. I know back in the 60-70's this was different but the fact that they aren't in the same division anymore has definitely taken away from it.

BackBayNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:08 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Yeah. I wore my jersey on gameday and the day after we beat the Pens. There was a lot of "oh yeah well we didn't have Letang."
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
"Yeah? Oh yeah well we didn't have Staal."
thats exactly what i said too. someone tried to convince me that letang was better too. i said, AND I QUOTE... "thats not even worth an argument" i dont like arguing with fools, cos from far enough away, people cant tell who the fool really is....

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
thats exactly what i said too. someone tried to convince me that letang was better too. i said, AND I QUOTE... "thats not even worth an argument" i dont like arguing with fools, cos from far enough away, people cant tell who the fool really is....
You really think Marc Staal is far and away better than Kris Letang? Im not saying I have an answer - they're two very different players - but I personally dont feel the answer is as simple as you make it.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:24 AM
LyNX27

Living in Madison, Wi, you'd be surprised the spill over of Minnesota fans (among of course some Chicago and Detroit fans) so I always pimp my sweet authentic Gaborik heritage jersey which gets some dirty looks from people wearing Wild Gaborik jerseys. Crosby is fairly popular jersey too out here.

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:29 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

The usual bandwagon like any other team when they win. If they make it far, then the bandwagon will get ridiculous just like the Knicks last year when they got Amare and Melo. All of a sudden people have been Knicks fans for years. Righttttttt....Still remember all the FB statuses..."MELO TO NY BABYY!!!!". Funny how I never saw a single status or someone wearing apparel before last year.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

I go to school near Metrotech center, and Ive seen a lot of kids- mostly gangsta-wannabes with those newish script text Ranger hats on. Leads me to believe that its just a fad really.

I wear Sharks apparel too, since Ive followed them since their existence and I normally wear Rangers shirts/jerseys, and sharks hats. Lately (also) Ive seen a lotta GW's wearing Sharks hats too, but I think it has to do with color coordinating than anything else.

Just my sights in metrotech.

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 01:14 PM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I've always noticed a **** load of Ranger gear outside.
Same here. Always see NYR stuff at random times (summer, non-game days, etc).

In contrast, i almost never see NYK stuff. Then again, i dont go into "those" areas where you might find people wearing their stuff.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Not noticing much in Northern NJ... Today I saw a guy with a Canucks jersey on at that shooting range.... Does that count?
I take it back! I was driving home from Home Depot on Sunday and spotted an older man with long hair biking down the road with camouflage cargo pants and a #10 Gaborik jersey!

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote