HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo 4 @ The Whale 3 | Lehner Wins! | Game #23 | 12/04 | 3:00p EST | W/ Stream

Old
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I think Carkner is on some strict orders not to fight. It looked like he really wanted to there
He had a fight earlier in the 1st..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
derriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
He had a fight earlier in the 1st..
Well at least I get an idiot pass because I started watching in the second lol...Anyways, great game overall. The Klinkhammer goal really changed the momentum and it was all the Sens after that.

Petersson should have been awarded the hatty, hes my first star of the game, also Lehner made some good saves when he had to. Overall good fast paced exciting game

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Rumcajs

Petersson is definitely surprising me...

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
He tore up the Juniors 2 winters ago. He has one of the best shots I have seen. Dorion believes he is the most talented prospect in the organization.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Minister of Offence

In honour of Andre Petersson:

Also, the Swede announcers **** bombing over Tedenby makes this a good view.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Maybe Murray saw something in Klinkhammer that Chicago didn't. Klink had 4 points in 18 games and by his 2nd in bingo he has 3!
He's put up solid numbers in past AHL seasons, so it's not like he was a total unknown. Probably needed a change of scenery.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Minister of Offence

There's a reason why we got him for free. Chicago maybe wanted to drop a salary, but there had to be a reason he was the one they chose to clear.

Old
12-04-2011, 06:18 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Maybe Murray saw something in Klinkhammer that Chicago didn't. Klink had 4 points in 18 games and by his 2nd in bingo he has 3!
I'm sure it helps playing with Da Costa (who at the moment is in the Corey Locke mode of being too good for the AHL, even if he isn't good enough to be an NHL regular) and Petersson who has been on fire lately.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Pat Cannone is quietly having a pretty good season offensively as a rookie.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
He shouldn't be. He's the most tallented prospect in the entire Sens organization. That includes Filatov. Petersson has every single asset to make him a beast in the AHL and the NHL. Only question is will he stay healthy? If he does, he's a sure fire top 6 forward in the NHL at some point. He's that good.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:47 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
He shouldn't be. He's the most tallented prospect in the entire Sens organization. That includes Filatov. Petersson has every single asset to make him a beast in the AHL and the NHL. Only question is will he stay healthy? If he does, he's a sure fire top 6 forward in the NHL at some point. He's that good.
Every single asset except for the fact that he's a midget. As for the injury problems, the back was an injury that was incorrectly diagnosed and treated by his SEL team. That's why the Senators flew him to Ottawa last season to treat him, and that's why Petersson stayed in North America, because he felt he owed something to the organization that saved his career.

As far as reports have been, both the organization and the player are optimistic that the back won't be an issue going forward (though of course you never know with back issues, just ask Spezza).

At his point, I'm more worried about his size issues and ability to to effective in a full 82 game season in the NHL against big NHL defensemen like Chara and Pronger, than his back in terms of him making the NHL.

Old
12-04-2011, 06:52 PM
sens2k9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Every single asset except for the fact that he's a midget. As for the injury problems, the back was an injury that was incorrectly diagnosed and treated by his SEL team. That's why the Senators flew him to Ottawa last season to treat him, and that's why Petersson stayed in North America, because he felt he owed something to the organization that saved his career.

As far as reports have been, both the organization and the player are optimistic that the back won't be an issue going forward (though of course you never know with back issues, just ask Spezza).

At his point, I'm more worried about his size issues and ability to to effective in a full 82 game season in the NHL against big NHL defensemen like Chara and Pronger, than his back in terms of him making the NHL.
Alfredsson is 5'10.
Petersson is 5'10.

sens2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:

Don't think Petersson's size is an issue. Gotta be able to catch the guy before you can hit him. He's about the same size as Alfi was at his age and plays a game that is so similar (offensive side) that they could be clones. Skate the same way, shoot the same way (bullet shots) and Petersson might be a better puck handler.

Size is an issue sometimes, a player like Petersson, I don't see being 5'9/5'10 as something that will hold him back. That's not "small" that's just "not big". There's a difference.

Everything I have ever seen from him he's better on the smaller ice. He has that kind of game that just translates perfectly to NA ice.

As for the injuries from everything I have heard he still has issues getting knicked up and missing some time. The back is a seperate issue for sure and it could very well be 100% healed, but a guy that does miss time because he is injured or hurt does carry forward in someones career.

Either way he is still my favorite prospect in the organization. His upside is higher than anyones.

Old
12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:

The guy has incredible balance and speed on the ice which makes up for any height issues, and now I'm seeing he has a sniper of a shot that is now hitting the back of the net vs earlier on..

Old
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
The guy has incredible balance and speed on the ice which makes up for any height issues, and now I'm seeing he has a sniper of a shot that is now hitting the back of the net vs earlier on..
The guy has always had an insane shot and gets it off quick. There's a reason he lead the WJC in scoring.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
When he was in junior he was considered to have the best shot anyone had ever seen for a junior in Sweden. Just watch some of those snipes in the WJC video above.

Alfie and AP are the same height...but Alfie's also up over 200 pounds.

APs improved his quickness, his work ethic and his defensive play a lot since his junior days. He's certainly giving himself a chance...and the org is ready to reward effort and they love his skill level. I wouldn't put a timeline on him, this is the type of guy you wait on and as long as he's willing to stick around and work...he can probably make it.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
When he was in junior he was considered to have the best shot anyone had ever seen for a junior in Sweden. Just watch some of those snipes in the WJC video above.

APs improved his quickness, his work ethic and his defensive play a lot since his junior days. He's certainly giving himself a chance...and the org is ready to reward effort and they love his skill level. I wouldn't put a timeline on him, this is the type of guy you wait on and as long as he's willing to stick around and work...he can probably make it.
Alfi was a stick before he got to NA too. You gain wieght and muscle as you get older. Give that time to be sure.

People love to talk about Filatov being an all world skill guy but Petersson has outclassed him at basically every single level since they were 18. Back issue's held him back in a big way and it will take a while before he gets a real shot. When he does he could become the next big thing in Ottawa.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Alfi was a stick before he got to NA too. You gain wieght and muscle as you get older. Give that time to be sure.
I agree for sure.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens2k9 View Post
Alfredsson is 5'10.
Petersson is 5'10.
Alfie's also had issues throughout his career with injuries. He's just a freak in how fast he heals.

But that's not really the issue with Petersson when I talk about his size. The guy is just small in that he tends to have trouble fighting with guys for the puck in corners or retaining the puck when getting hit. Alfie has always had that ability to remain solid on his skates and outmuscle guys while Petersson in the same situation has been bounced off the puck.

Of course, there's no reason Petersson can't solve these issues through physical training that he hasn't been able to due the last few years because of his back. But he's still far from a sure bet.

The skills certainly are there. I mean this is a guy that tied Eberle for the tournament league (WJC) in points a few years back, and this was while he was in constant pain due to his back. The fact is, if he was Canadian, he probably would have gotten the same verbal ******** that Eberle got from TSN.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
The guy has always had an insane shot and gets it off quick. There's a reason he lead the WJC in scoring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post

This is why I enjoy watching player's develop right before my eyes, it's an amazing thing to experience if your into it..

I wasn't so sure about Petersson earlier on but to watch him evolve and improve after adapting so quickly says a lot about a player, I'm really excited to watch him continue on this season..

Old
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Billy Madison*

Yah, wieght shouldn't be an issue for any player that has never had time to put it on. I think everyone here and around the world knows that you put on wieght when you get older, weather it's muscle or a gut.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
If Petersson is 5'10 then Karlsson is 6'2

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Alfie's also had issues throughout his career with injuries. He's just a freak in how fast he heals.

But that's not really the issue with Petersson when I talk about his size. The guy is just small in that he tends to have trouble fighting with guys for the puck in corners or retaining the puck when getting hit. Alfie has always had that ability to remain solid on his skates and outmuscle guys while Petersson in the same situation has been bounced off the puck.

Of course, there's no reason Petersson can't solve these issues through physical training that he hasn't been able to due the last few years because of his back. But he's still far from a sure bet.

The skills certainly are there. I mean this is a guy that tied Eberle for the tournament league (WJC) in points a few years back, and this was while he was in constant pain due to his back. The fact is, if he was Canadian, he probably would have gotten the same verbal ******** that Eberle got from TSN.
Sure bet no, good bet, absolutely. I've loved him since I saw him destroy Russia as an 18 year old at the WJC in Ottawa. I remember saying to my brother "oh the **** did Ottawa get him in the 4th".

Old
12-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
This is why I enjoy watching player's develop right before my eyes, it's an amazing thing to experience if your into it..

I wasn't so sure about Petersson earlier on but to watch him evolve and improve after adapting so quickly says a lot about a player, I'm really excited to watch him continue on this season..
I've never had a doubt about the guy and his on ice abilities. Injuries are the only thing that would hold him back. He, right now, is the best kept secret in the prospect world, IMO of course.

Old
12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
If Petersson is 5'10 then Karlsson is 6'2
Karlsson is 6'0 by all accounts. Either way, size is an excuse, not an issue.