HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Call Your Shot Now

Old
12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
took420s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Can we then assume that you would consider anything less to be a failure? If so, what would you expect the consequences of that scenario to be?
how about you "call your shot" before derailing the thread

i say they slowly improve offense heading out of allstar break, but not by much although im ok with it this year i too think they are built for the playoffs.. get into playoffs as a 5-8 seed and make it to 2nd-3rd round before losing a hard fought series. assuming no major injuries to key players of course.

took420s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:25 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Is this after Murray is fired?
Before or after, does it matter?

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:26 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I'll predict a 2nd round exit. With Richards the Kings are a little more designed for playoff hockey. Oh, almost forgot, Patrick Roy will be the head coach when they lose. You gotta think outside the box if you're going to win these things.
Yeah, but will he wink at the Sedin boys from the bench after Quick stones them?

Old
12-05-2011, 11:38 AM
johnjm22

I do think things will turn around.

It largely hinges on Doughty though. Having a Norris caliber defenseman anchoring your defense makes a MASSIVE difference.

We desperately need the 09-10 Doughty. Teams without an elite number 1 dman rarely win the cup.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Stupid Sexy Flanders

Truthfully, this team is impossible to figure out. They could finish anywhere from 3-10 in my opinion.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
SMoneyMonkey

I think this team has the ability to win the division and the cup. That said, as is, I think a below 8th seed finish is looking all too likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we missed the playoffs.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post
Truthfully, this team is impossible to figure out. They could finish anywhere from 3-10 in my opinion.
If it was easy anyone (say a Ducks fan or Canucks fan) could call their shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
I think this team has the ability to win the division and the cup. That said, as is, I think a below 8th seed finish is looking all too likely. I wouldn't be surprised if we missed the playoffs.
Final answer?

Seriously a few of you are really hedging your bets here. It's not as if those of you that think doom and gloom is around the corner are going to be flayed and crucified if you are wrong. Well you will be, but it's only figuratively and not literally so lighten up and have some fun and call your shot.

We are beginning to take ourselves far too seriously around here as if what we have to say has any great import.

Last edited by KINGS17: 12-05-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If it was easy anyone (say a Ducks fan or Canucks fan) could call their shot.

Final answer?

Seriously a few of you are really hedging your bets here. It's not as if those of you that think doom and gloom is around the corner are going to be flayed and crucified if you are wrong. Well you will be, but it's only figuratively and not literally so lighten up and have some fun and call your shot.

We are beginning to take ourselves far too seriously around here as if what we have to say has any great import.
No, I think it's something that can't be ignored is all. I don't like how close we are to the edge. I personally think things will turn around and we'll make 2nd. I just also don't think we should be performing anywhere near as poorly as we are now.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
No, I think it's something that can't be ignored is all. I don't like how close we are to the edge. I personally think things will turn around and we'll make 2nd. I just also don't think we should be performing anywhere near as poorly as we are now.
Ah, thank you. 2nd in the Conference? That would be outstanding.

Peaks and valleys. This team definitely needs to find its scoring touch. I see a lot of Grade A opportunities that are not finding the back of the net right now.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:27 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Ah, thank you. 2nd in the Conference? That would be outstanding.

Peaks and valleys. This team definitely needs to find its scoring touch. I see a lot of Grade A opportunities that are not finding the back of the net right now.
2nd round of playoffs. Definitely have the ability to win our division, though.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Ollie Weeks

We have had no peaks and valleys yet, people. Last season, our peaks and valleys lasted for nearly a MONTH. This year, we've had little offence from the first drop of the puck, but we're still ticking along at a relatively consistent pace. That, IMO, is a good sign.

I will say that our goalkeeping is doing big job of keeping us in there. If that tapers off before the team regains their scoring touch, it could go the other way. But I still like our chances.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
We have had no peaks and valleys yet, people. Last season, our peaks and valleys lasted for nearly a MONTH. This year, we've had little offence from the first drop of the puck, but we're still ticking along at a relatively consistent pace. That, IMO, is a good sign.
Cool! the glass is half full and you're going back for more!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Cool! the glass is half full and you're going back for more!
You're free to walk, or whatever the alternative is.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
You're free to walk, or whatever the alternative is.
We all know that there is no alternative. It's either depression about a one-goal loss, or depression about a win where they didn't score more than 2 goals.

Old
12-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
We all know that there is no alternative. It's either depression about a one-goal loss, or depression about a win where they didn't score more than 2 goals.
Why is it so troubling to you that we would like to see the Kings score more goals?

I don't think anyone is depressed about the Kings. Maybe some frustration, but it is very easy to change the channel or head outside and do something else.

I would love to hear from Lieweke on how the season is going. I'm sure he and Luc signed off on the "the time is now" promotions.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:28 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Why is it so troubling to you that we would like to see the Kings score more goals?

I don't think anyone is depressed about the Kings. Maybe some frustration, but it is very easy to change the channel or head outside and do something else.

I would love to hear from Lieweke on how the season is going. I'm sure he and Luc signed off on the "the time is now" promotions.
Okay, so you're not depressed. The topic comes up often enough after a 2-1, or 2-0 win, that's all.

Lame promotional material doesn't concern me. Get used to it, it's Luc and Leiweke.

Old
12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Magicman

9th or 10th place at best.

Kopitar is clearly not 100%. He is usually very responsible defensively, no matter the revolving door on the wings. This year he isnít, 1 conclusion, ankle/lower leg not 100%. If he is a minus at season end no playoffs.

Richards. The length of time heís off and the time it takes to get 100% could prove fatal with Kopi struggling on the the back check.

Quick and Bernier. Clearly Quick cannot shutout everybody and Bernier has a long way to go. It appeared to me Quick tired late last season and into the playoffs. And without a solid backup, in a close race to make the playoffs, his games/minutes will increase as will the possibility of injury and/or exhaustion. Any hopes the Kings have lie in his ability to be a Vezina candidate all season.

Williams. ZERO points last 5 games which coincides with Kopiís 1 point in 5 games. No Kopi points, no Williams points.

Brown. After a brilliant season where he kept his point production totals up and was a plus for the first time. He isnít scoring goals and appears to have forgotten how to hit as well. Not good for a captain who appears to lead by silent example.

Gagne. After a good start, the reality of who he really is has set in. 1 point in the last few games.

Parse, Lombardi seen something, unfortunately is was LTIR relief.

Johnson, good from the opponents blueline in, bad everywhere else. Unless he can turn around his defensive game. With Mitchell, Scuderi and Greene aging playing him 26+ minutes with Voynov or anybody not named Mitchell could be a disaster.

Doughty. Other than Richards and Quick, probably the only top player playing better as each game progresses. But, lack of point production right now offsets anything he does.

Penner, 1 game where you tip in 1 goal, doesnít turn around a season, or a career. A 4-mil+ waste roster space. His mere presence on the top 6 screams lottery to me.

Clifford, getting his head kicked in last season clearly knocked the hockey sense out of him. Probably could benefit from a game or 3 from the rafters. However the lack of any other forward willing to drop the gloves not named Westgarth, impeads this.

The rest. Shake up the bag and whomever rolls out is either a rookie or roster space.

Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote