HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Sat Dec.3 - Free webcast, North Dakota (Kristo/MacMillan) @ Alaska Anchorage, 11PM ET

Old
12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Sat Dec.3 - Free webcast, North Dakota (Kristo/MacMillan) @ Alaska Anchorage, 11PM ET

http://uaahockey.nmtvsports.com/uaahockey.htm

Danny Kristo #7
Mark MacMillan #16

Roster for University of North Dakota (WCHA 5-6-0 Overall 7-7-1)
http://www.fightingsioux.com/SportSe...05&SPSID=58685

Roster for University of Alaska Anchorage (WCHA 2-8-1 Overall 5-8-2)
http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...73&SPSID=58451

Last call!

Habs Prospects website

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 12:14 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Nice, game isn't on tv for me and this is a big series for ND who must find a way to get at least 2 pts out of the weekend. I am taping the Denver game tonight though.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 05:44 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Who wants to watch a hockey game starting at 11PM?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 05:53 PM
pine
irregistered user

vCash: 50
11PM ET, that must mean like 8PM here, right?

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Nice, game isn't on tv for me and this is a big series for ND who must find a way to get at least 2 pts out of the weekend. I am taping the Denver game tonight though.
Taping ...only a person with deadication would say that. Could be a Cryptical Envelopement with a big Kristo solo burried in that tape.

Goat throwing emoticon

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

People could check #10 from ND and tell me how you wouldn't want to see this guy with a Habs jersey. Would have to convince Florida that he's no good though, might not be easy....

And check #32 in net, if he is indeed in net. That is Aaron Dell, was invited to the Habs development camp this year.

Already a good chance by Kristo after 10 seconds.

Eidsness in net....forget about Dell.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

WOW! Great pass by MacMillan on North Dakota's goal!!!!

Old
12-02-2011, 10:14 PM
DJ Breadman

anyone else having problems watching it? it's buffering like interent in the 90s for me

DJ Breadman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
anyone else having problems watching it? it's buffering like interent in the 90s for me
It's the absolute great for me. ND totally dominating so far. MacMillan with 1 assist for sure. Didn't see entirely the 3rd goal but he was on the ice as well. So maybe just 1 assist but +2 so far in this period for MacMillan.

Kristo seems to be wanting his share of points....don't expect him to play the trap...

Old
12-02-2011, 10:50 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
It's the absolute great for me. ND totally dominating so far. MacMillan with 1 assist for sure. Didn't see entirely the 3rd goal but he was on the ice as well. So maybe just 1 assist but +2 so far in this period for MacMillan.

Kristo seems to be wanting his share of points....don't expect him to play the trap...
It must be a Fairbanks plot every time Kristo gets on the ice the feed freezes or he gets tripped.MacMillan on the other hand is playing heads up hockey for a kid his age he looks good.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
It must be a Fairbanks plot every time Kristo gets on the ice the feed freezes or he gets tripped.MacMillan on the other hand is playing heads up hockey for a kid his age he looks good.
I love MacMillan skating stride and just how he just look like a hockey player. If this kid can ever grab some muscles along the way, he will be great to watch. Anyway, it is pretty clear that we will have plenty of time to analyse his play, they'll surely let him play his 3 years in College, maybe even 4, sign him, play him with the Dogs and then we'll see.

Play by play guy really want to give Kristo a goal. Announced a goal for Kristo that went on the post. And now gave a goal to Kristo 'cause he was seeing a 7 on the jersey when it was actually #27 who had scored....Quiet game by Kristo so far. Shoots a lot. Not always the wisest decisions. Had a rocket of a shot though that did go on the post.

Last edited by overlords: 12-02-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

odd, player isn't working for me at all.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Et le But

Kristo has talent but I have a lot of concerns about his hockey IQ.

He's an asset I definitely would have no problem trading if he has any value.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 12:14 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Kristo has talent but I have a lot of concerns about his hockey IQ.

He's an asset I definitely would have no problem trading if he has any value.
I have no problem with his IQ 'cause he has an IQ of a shooter. Yet, I have seen him with pretty passes as well. Seen him with great intelligence offensively and defensively. He will be no different than any of the NHL pure offensive and shooters in this league. It does come with their blunders once in a while.

I have A TON of problems trading him based on the fact that we do not have a lot of players like him. We have TONS of 3rd liner coming your way....no offensive pure shooters like him aside maybe from Gallagher.

But he is having an OFF-NIGHT to say the least.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Beakermania*

Its just one game but I was not really impressed with Kristo.

- Too many times the puck was taken away from him with a stick check while he was handling it. Stick checked far too easily when he was trying to deke through people. Much more successful using his speed to beat people wide than on trying to deke through the dman.

- Would have liked to see him drive the net more and win more puck battles.

- Seemed to float at times, not winning enough battles for pucks on the boards.

- Seemed to shoot every chance he got.. that can be a good thing but there were poor decisions tonight.

Hopefully for Kristo its just one bad game, Habs really need him to be a good forward prospect for them.

MacMillan looked the better of the two tonight... the pass was a beaut, he won a ton of faceoffs, and his hockey IQ is very high. Still needs to get stronger though.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 07:00 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Its just one game but I was not really impressed with Kristo.

- Too many times the puck was taken away from him with a stick check while he was handling it. Stick checked far too easily when he was trying to deke through people. Much more successful using his speed to beat people wide than on trying to deke through the dman.

- Would have liked to see him drive the net more and win more puck battles.

- Seemed to float at times, not winning enough battles for pucks on the boards.

- Seemed to shoot every chance he got.. that can be a good thing but there were poor decisions tonight.

Hopefully for Kristo its just one bad game, Habs really need him to be a good forward prospect for them.

MacMillan looked the better of the two tonight... the pass was a beaut, he won a ton of faceoffs, and his hockey IQ is very high. Still needs to get stronger though.
Great analysis. And since Montreal has seen most of the games, I'm sure he will tell you that it was just one game. He was floating and seemed not interested tonight. And his coach is praising him for his overall game so clearly, we didn't see the real Kristo yesterday. Don't worry. He will be ready in due time. For NotsoBigMac....that's all there is to him. 3-4 years in the NCAA so the guy could become much much stronger. But he's a player.

Old
12-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great analysis. And since Montreal has seen most of the games, I'm sure he will tell you that it was just one game. He was floating and seemed not interested tonight. And his coach is praising him for his overall game so clearly, we didn't see the real Kristo yesterday. Don't worry. He will be ready in due time. For NotsoBigMac....that's all there is to him. 3-4 years in the NCAA so the guy could become much much stronger. But he's a player.
Well you can't teach talent. But a dedicated player can gain the size and strength... so I don't mind that being the case for MacMillan.

Interesting how as a freshman he seemed to be centring the second line, and I heard nothing of Rocco Grimaldi the entire game. Is MacMillan that far ahead of the kid who got hyped last year pre-draft?

Also loved Brock Nelson last night... what a game by that kid. Big centre making me drool. What do you think it would take to pry him off the Isles farm system?

Old
12-03-2011, 10:43 AM
pine
irregistered user

Quote:
Well you can't teach talent. But a dedicated player can gain the size and strength... so I don't mind that being the case for MacMillan.

Interesting how as a freshman he seemed to be centring the second line, and I heard nothing of Rocco Grimaldi the entire game. Is MacMillan that far ahead of the kid who got hyped last year pre-draft?

Also loved Brock Nelson last night... what a game by that kid. Big centre making me drool. What do you think it would take to pry him off the Isles farm system?
North Dakota freshman Rocco Grimaldi will miss 6-to-8 weeks with an injury. He has been struggling to overcome the injury for weeks, but it was finally determined he needed to sit for a while.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...to-8_weeks.php

Old
12-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
North Dakota freshman Rocco Grimaldi will miss 6-to-8 weeks with an injury. He has been struggling to overcome the injury for weeks, but it was finally determined he needed to sit for a while.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...to-8_weeks.php
Thanks, but from what i understood, MacMillan was already ahead of him on the depth chart even before the injury.

Old
12-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:

What it wook take? Stupidity? I like Nelson but I love Knight. Another guy I'm drooling over is Dillon Simpson.

Quote:
Thanks, but from what i understood, MacMillan was already ahead of him on the depth chart even before the injury.
And you are right. MacMillan was indeed ahead of Grimaldi before the injury. Though where you are at during your 1st year is in no way an indication of where you'll end up in the future.

Old
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Thanks to habsprospects for the link. Don't forget people it's take 2 for the ND vs Alaska-Anchorage game that starts at 11PM. Let's hope Kristo has a much much better game.

Old
12-03-2011, 08:13 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Aaron Dell is starting in net tonight, confirmed via team's twitter.

habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2011, 08:18 PM
pine
irregistered user

Thanks, habsprospects

Old
12-03-2011, 11:35 PM
pine
irregistered user

wow, Kristo with a nice goal tonight.

1G,1A

Old
12-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Brock Nelson strikes again. Great prospect.