HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Closest tapered blade to standard one95/T1?

Old
02-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

vCash: 500
Closest tapered blade to standard one95/T1?

I just went through an X60 blade pretty quickly on the X60 shaft I just got. I was looking for a lower kickpoint in order to maximize flex while having the stick feel stiffer. I have yet to feel a better setup than the ONE95/T1 shafts with the same blades.

Is there a blade that has a similar feel to the One95 or T1 and durability close to it?

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:06 PM
ponder

I have a Warrior Dynasty blade, and while it isn't identical feel-wise to a one95 blade, it has that sort of wood-like feeling. Some people have durability issues with Warrior blades, but mine has been flawless durability-wise, has stayed stiff and not taken any major damage. A decent bit heavier than my X60 blade, but part of that is the longer hosel and longer tenon (and because it has a longer hosel, you can use a shorter shaft, partially cancelling the extra weight), and I definitely prefer the Dynasty blade to the X60 blade in terms of puck feel. I'd recommend it in terms of both performance and durability based on my personal experience, though as with any stick/shaft/blade, you never know how something will hold up durability-wise, I've had cases with two of the same stick where one has broke in weeks, and the other lasted years.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Splitbtw
Rebuild? Refresh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I have a Warrior Dynasty blade, and while it isn't identical feel-wise to a one95 blade, it has that sort of wood-like feeling. Some people have durability issues with Warrior blades, but mine has been flawless durability-wise, has stayed stiff and not taken any major damage. A decent bit heavier than my X60 blade, but part of that is the longer hosel and longer tenon (and because it has a longer hosel, you can use a shorter shaft, partially cancelling the extra weight), and I definitely prefer the Dynasty blade to the X60 blade in terms of puck feel. I'd recommend it in terms of both performance and durability based on my personal experience, though as with any stick/shaft/blade, you never know how something will hold up durability-wise, I've had cases with two of the same stick where one has broke in weeks, and the other lasted years.
That's what I was leaning towards. It feels more like the blade I am looking for and the longer hosel was intriguing bc I have a complementary (to the longer hosel) extension in the X60 shaft. I looked at both at Hockey Monkey when I bought the shaft and had the X60 blade at home but hope the durability would be fine.

I wish the Dolomite blade was all black but that is something I can adjust.

Ideally, the Supreme blade would be offered in the tapered blade.

Splitbtw is offline   Reply With Quote