HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks News/Notes 9

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!

vCash: 628
Winchester can't win board battles and he's not a scoring threat. This just means they'll triple team Pavs whenever Jumbo has the puck behind the net so this doesn't help the top line score at all. Marleau is not gonna do jack on the third line either so this is dumb. Maybe it will get Marleau to skate hard again because he would have to make up for Handzus's lack of speed?

Old
12-07-2011, 07:31 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
Winchester can't win board battles and he's not a scoring threat. This just means they'll triple team Pavs whenever Jumbo has the puck behind the net so this doesn't help the top line score at all. Marleau is not gonna do jack on the third line either so this is dumb. Maybe it will get Marleau to skate hard again because he would have to make up for Handzus's lack of speed?
If Wincester just parks his ass in front of the net, the other team is almost obligated to cover him.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Not that it will ever happen, but who else has thought what this team might play like with randy Carlyle as coach?

Old
12-07-2011, 07:36 PM
WTFetus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
Not that it will ever happen, but who else has thought what this team might play like with randy Carlyle as coach?
I don't think personalities like Marleau, Thornton, and Burns would fit in too well with Carlyle's demeanor. I am however, completely for hiring Hedican as the defensive coach. I'm pretty sure he was the first analyst to call-out the horrible 1-1-2 in the playoffs. He also openly stated he isn't impressed with White's play and Vandermeer should play a lot more.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I don't think personalities like Marleau, Thornton, and Burns would fit in too well with Carlyle's demeanor. I am however, completely for hiring Hedican as the defensive coach. I'm pretty sure he was the first analyst to call-out the horrible 1-1-2 in the playoffs. He also openly stated he isn't impressed with White's play and Vandermeer should play a lot more.
Mike Grier for PK coach.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:43 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Mike Grier for PK coach.
Hedican's PK system of the wingers acting like pistons (back-and-forth movement, pressuring the D and back but never leaving the shooting lane) seems a lot better than whatever they are doing right now.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:47 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Hedican's PK system of the wingers acting like pistons (back-and-forth movement, pressuring the D and back but never leaving the shooting lane) seems a lot better than whatever they are doing right now.
Agreed. Agreed x100. Man. Anything would be an improvement from what we have now though.

Old
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
4 Sumo penalty killers?!?!

Old
12-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Kitten Mittons

If only we still had Setoguchi to put him on defense...

Old
12-07-2011, 08:30 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
If only we still had Setoguchi to put him on defense...
He's got one leg now.

Old
12-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Gilligans Island

TMac also said Patty adds "speed" to the 3rd line with Zeus and McGinn. Well, Torrey is fast so I guess what TMac's really saying is Torrey isn't getting his job done on the 3rd line and doesn't think he'd add any value to the 1st line.

If that isn't a sign to DW that Torrey needs to replaced, I don't know what is.

Old
12-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Kitten Mittons

Stupid Logan:

Old
12-08-2011, 12:08 AM
slocal
Global Moderator
Grübermeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Stupid Logan:

Is that some sort of pimp chalice nest to it? Jeez, haha

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
12-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Logan totally considers himself a straight up thug. I thought we established this.

Old
12-08-2011, 01:33 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Logan totally considers himself a straight up thug. I thought we established this.
LOL it's true, his body guard is Clowe.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:41 AM
SharksFailToClear

I don't get the line changes.

Marleau is in a slump. He gets moved to center. Has his best games of the season. Gets moved back to wing. Is in another slump. Why not leave him at center?

If Winchester much faster than clowe? I wouldn't mind seeing a Havlat Marleau Couture line, but it would leave clowe on the top line with the Joes. Can't be worse than winchester.

Other than that. If someone is going to get moved up from the bottom 6 I think it should be Mcginn. His offensive game has looked better lately. That would still mean someone from the top 6 moves down. I don't really have an answer to that, I guess I would vote Havlat.

Old
12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
bleedteal12

Quote:
Originally Posted by brototype View Post

Marleau is in a slump. He gets moved to center. Has his best games of the season. Gets moved back to wing. Is in another slump. Why not leave him at center?

If Winchester much faster than clowe? I wouldn't mind seeing a Havlat Marleau Couture line, but it would leave clowe on the top line with the Joes. Can't be worse than winchester.

Other than that. If someone is going to get moved up from the bottom 6 I think it should be Mcginn. His offensive game has looked better lately. That would still mean someone from the top 6 moves down. I don't really have an answer to that, I guess I would vote Havlat.
Because Havlat was sucking balls when not paired with Clowe and Couture. Since Marleau can produce at both center and wing, he was moved back up tot he first in order to get Havlat started again. If I (and I'm sure Marleau as well) had my druthers, I'd keep him at center, but because of the ways the lines work out, it's either Marleau producing at an accelerated rate and Havlat not at all, or both Marleau and Havlat producing.

McGinn shouldn't move anywhere yet. I too think his game has improved exponentially, but he's found his groove alongside Handzus. Breaking them up would more than likely prove to be disastrous.

Old
12-08-2011, 12:00 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by brototype View Post

It's because Marleau and Clowe without Couture have absolutely no chemistry. That hatty that Patty had "on the second line" was a powerplay goal with JP/JT, tip-in from Vlasic, and an EN. None of them came from Havlat or Clowe. I propose:

Pavelski-Thornton-Havlat
Clowe-Couture-Marleau

and hope that Pavs or Havlat can play their off wing. Thornton works best with only one sniper on his line at a time, so we give him a speedy puck-possession type. And Marleau can go back to center without disrupting Clowture.

And a little OT, but is it just me or has Clowey not been throwing the body around at all or being mean or physical at all? Because I just don't notice him at all, and last year even when he wasn't scoring he'd be making an impact in every game.

Old
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
bleedteal12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
It's because Marleau and Clowe without Couture have absolutely no chemistry. That hatty that Patty had "on the second line" was a powerplay goal with JP/JT, tip-in from Vlasic, and an EN. None of them came from Havlat or Clowe. I propose:

Pavelski-Thornton-Havlat
Clowe-Couture-Marleau

and hope that Pavs or Havlat can play their off wing. Thornton works best with only one sniper on his line at a time, so we give him a speedy puck-possession type. And Marleau can go back to center without disrupting Clowture.

And a little OT, but is it just me or has Clowey not been throwing the body around at all or being mean or physical at all? Because I just don't notice him at all, and last year even when he wasn't scoring he'd be making an impact in every game.
Havlat doesn't do much without being with Clowe and Couture, but might as well. We've tried everything else.

I've noticed Clowe's relative reluctance to hit as well. Maybe there's some lingering shoulder problems? I mean, he got surgery, but our offseason was short, and his injury was severe. Maybe he's still feeling it?

Old
12-09-2011, 01:48 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
Life as a Sharks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
We'd ***** if he did nothing. We'll ***** about this.

Gotta shake it up.

Crosby skates with Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. I think we can give Brad Winchester a game up there.
Safe to see, game 1 worked out ok.

12-09-2011, 03:02 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Bakes_Jamie13 12:12pm via Twitter for iPad On AirShark on route to STL. Ruzzie is working on spreadsheets. I'm working on Friday Baker's Dozen & watching a movie #OnTheRoadBaby

Old
12-09-2011, 06:55 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=605673

Sharks Store announces their "12 days of Christmas" sales (during non-game hours), one per day

Old
12-09-2011, 08:01 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

sjsharkie 5:28pm via TweetDeck still find it funny when i visit hi-tech companies & the receptionist asks for an ID... they dont when i turn around and point at my jersey.

Old
12-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/shar...3886263193-766

Preview of Everyday Jobs with Brent Burns

He goes to the Zoo in this one and McLellan makes a guest appearance!

Old
12-11-2011, 07:25 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=605934

Gary Suter (retired Shark) to be inducted into US Hockey Hall of Fame tomorrow. (Along with Doc Emerick, Chelios, Tkachuk, and Snider)

Closed Thread