HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Just can't stop thinking about those Rangers

Old
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Believe me or not but I had a weird dream a couple of weeks ago about a parade or something, the year wasn't mentioned though...

Other than that, while googling about SF writer Isaac Asimov, I typed once Anisimov instead in the search field...
This! I was talking to someone about scifi books and wanted to bring him up, and instead said "You know, that Anisimov guy.."

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

I routinely fantasize about the Rangers winning the cup at work. I always invision each one raising the cup and how quickly I'd buy an autographed lundqvist cup picture and frame it. Makes sense given my name lol. I would pretty much buy like four jerseys with stanley cup patches if they won the series too. Lundqvist for sure of course.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The weirdest thing is I've never played a game of hockey in my life, and in fact I've played football most of my life, but hockey is far and away my favorite sport.
I tried to skate once in February and I did a faceplant. Blood all over the ice and my Lundqvist jersey. I only started watching the Rangers when I was 16. I'm the only one in my family that watches hockey. It's such a shame, I would have been a hockey player if I knew that this was the game I lived for when I was younger... even though I'm MZA's size lol...

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
24/7 i think about them. i love the giants and mets too. but nothing comes close to the love affair i have with the rangers, the giants and mets could never win again just as long as the rangers are playing well and winning is what matters. woke up this morning and immediately thought about the leafs and where we are in the standings and what another win would do. what makes me more proud is i know im not the only one which is why i love our diehard fan base. we are there for them through thick and thin. its great to see where we are heading. LGR!!!

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 02:18 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I routinely fantasize about the Rangers winning the cup at work. I always invision each one raising the cup and how quickly I'd buy an autographed lundqvist cup picture and frame it. Makes sense given my name lol. I would pretty much buy like four jerseys with stanley cup patches if they won the series too. Lundqvist for sure of course.
the bolded.

i do this a lot. i can hear that weasel Bettman saying "Captain Ryan Callahan, come get the Stanley Cup" so clearly in my head. and then him passing the Cup to Henrik, who would soon after accept his Conn Smythe trophy...

FultonReed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:38 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
This is what I do when I lie in bed at night. Imagine how it would happen, how it would play out...

I just hope they can win one before I die. Luckily, that seems to be plenty of time /jinx.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Yup, don't care that the Giants lost yesterday. They're not winning the Super Bowl again any time soon, especially after they pretty much sold their souls in 2007 lol. I'm more focused on the Rangers.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
Pretty Much All The Time, so much that it effects my girl friend who is a Canucks Fan... and last night she was all gitty that the Canucks beat the Flames... so we were in bed, **PG Version** Clothes came off and I said: "The Waiting is over!"

and when finishing... uh... reading i said: "This one will last a life time."
"Captain (insert gf's name here), come get your orgasm!"

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:09 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hensch View Post
Pretty Much All The Time, so much that it effects my girl friend who is a Canucks Fan... and last night she was all gitty that the Canucks beat the Flames... so we were in bed, **PG Version** Clothes came off and I said: "The Waiting is over!"

and when finishing... uh... reading i said: "This one will last a life time."
oh my god, read this in the middle of class. TRYING NOT TO LAUGH

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think about them whenever i'm not thinking about sex.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I think about them whenever i'm not thinking about sex.
So, like during the games and for 15 minutes after?

Old
12-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
oh my god, read this in the middle of class. TRYING NOT TO LAUGH
...which is the point of this entire thread. I read this twice and then I got it

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:05 PM
Hensch

I'm glad i provided you all with comedy today!

Hensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
...which is the point of this entire thread. I read this twice and then I got it
Oh god, you're right.

I spend more time arguing hockey with anonymous people than i do paying attention in class.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:35 AM
mti79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
the bolded.

i do this a lot. i can hear that weasel Bettman saying "Captain Ryan Callahan, come get the Stanley Cup" so clearly in my head. and then him passing the Cup to Henrik, who would soon after accept his Conn Smythe trophy...
Not to be a jerk, but anyone who won the Conn Smythe accepts it before the Cup is presented...

On topic, I think about them a lot. And when my fiancee wants to go away somewhere, I immediately check the Rangers schedule to see where they are playing. Its the reason I just got back from Tampa.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:58 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Not to be a jerk, but anyone who won the Conn Smythe accepts it before the Cup is presented...

On topic, I think about them a lot. And when my fiancee wants to go away somewhere, I immediately check the Rangers schedule to see where they are playing. Its the reason I just got back from Tampa.
coulda sworn Toews got it after the Cup was being passed around, but then again, i have an awful memory for a 21 year old. and you're not being a jerk, you're correcting me. no big deal.

still thinking about those Rangers, though...

Last edited by FultonReed: 12-06-2011 at 07:04 AM.
FultonReed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Oh god, you're right.

I spend more time arguing hockey with anonymous people than i do paying attention in class.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your caught in the same endless loop that most of us are. Try and have fun with it.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Don't be too hard on yourself. Your caught in the same endless loop that most of us are. Try and have fun with it.
I've come to look forward to the 4 hours I spend twice a week doing a job at work that literally requires me to stand around doing nothing for long stretches of time. This website is not blocked, but most other sports sites are, so I spend that entire 4 hours on here.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:32 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Believe me or not but I had a weird dream a couple of weeks ago about a parade or something, the year wasn't mentioned though...

Other than that, while googling about SF writer Isaac Asimov, I typed once Anisimov instead in the search field...
Lol.

Who is he and does he write good books? Anything like Crichton?

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Lol.

Who is he and does he write good books? Anything like Crichton?
Asimov wrote great books and is one of the founders of the SF genre. Did you ever see the movie I, Robot? That was loosely... very loosely... based on a series of short stories and novels that Asimov wrote. Caves of Steel is a great murder-mystery SF novel. There was no lame machine uprising in his stories though.

The Foundation series is incredible, too. A bit more of a sociology-in-space thing, but great. Coruscant in the Star Wars universe was definitely inspired by Asimov's description of a world called Trantor.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Asimov wrote great books and is one of the founders of the SF genre. Did you ever see the movie I, Robot? That was loosely... very loosely... based on a series of short stories and novels that Asimov wrote. Caves of Steel is a great murder-mystery SF novel. There was no lame machine uprising in his stories though.

The Foundation series is incredible, too. A bit more of a sociology-in-space thing, but great. Coruscant in the Star Wars universe was definitely inspired by Asimov's description of a world called Trantor.
Apparently your reading extends beyond this site

Old
12-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Pizza

Quote:
I've come to look forward to the 4 hours I spend twice a week doing a job at work that literally requires me to stand around doing nothing for long stretches of time. This website is not blocked, but most other sports sites are, so I spend that entire 4 hours on here.
My wife and I are literally laughing out loud as we read this. Great stuff.

Old
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

I saw I, Robot. Pretty good movie.

Sounds good, thanks, i'm always up for some new books. I enjoy reading when i have the time. I'm going to look into this author. Thanks.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
gluvhand

Wow. People having to "look up" Asimov has me feeling real old.

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 07:18 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I saw I, Robot. Pretty good movie.

Sounds good, thanks, i'm always up for some new books. I enjoy reading when i have the time. I'm going to look into this author. Thanks.
Some people (myself included) consider Asimov to have been one of the best sci-fi/fantasy writers there is. Highly recommend. The Foundation series is phenomenal.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote